Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rob Sekeris' wife Relay for Life

It's hard to believe it's been 5 months since I lost my sweet, amazing man after a year long valiant battle to cancer. Last year Rob walked the victory lap at the Relay for Life as a survivor. This year myself and my daughter will be walking in his honour and his memory.

Last year we walked and raised funds while hoping and praying for a cure to save Rob. This year we walk hoping and praying for a cure to save other families from the enormous loss we suffered, perhaps your family.

I post here because so many of your honoured Rob last year while he was still fighting by sponsoring us and your support meant so, so much to him. I hope some of you will be able to honour his memory with a donation this year again. Every dollar counts.

I continue to miss Rob every moment of every day, my life will never be the same.

Blessings,
Angela

http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR/Rela...al&fr_id=12465
Posted to rec.woodworking

Thank you for asking us, Angela. It's an honour.

I know the pain will never disappear, but it will get easier to bear.
Remember to laugh. I'm sure Rob would want you to.

Dave

In article ,
wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 26 May 2013 20:28:20 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I continue to miss Rob every moment of every day, my life will never be the same.

Blessings,
Angela

http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR/Rela...al&fr_id=12465

Glad to help. I had a close call recently with my wife. Cannot image
how your life has changed.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Thank all of you who have honoured Rob's memory with your donations. It's so easy to see why this place and all of you held such a special place in his heart, and now mine.

I will be walking a lap specifically for each of you and those past and future in your lives, who will be touched by this brutal disease.

Forever missing my sweet man,
Angela

On Sunday, May 26, 2013 11:28:20 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

+1

I have a sister in the fight now.

brian

--
Brian Hoyt Email: Brian dot Hoyt at Dal dot Ca
Stillwater Lake, Nova Scotia

Change the world one loan at a time - visit Kiva.org to find out how

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 29 May 2013 13:06:11 -0300, Brian wrote:

http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR/Rela...al&fr_id=12465

+1

I have a sister in the fight now.

brian

I hope she wins!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Wed, 29 May 2013 13:06:11 -0300, Brian wrote:

http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR/Rela...al&fr_id=12465

+1

I have a sister in the fight now.

brian

I hope she wins!

+1

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Brian wrote:

+1

I have a sister in the fight now.

Just found out that a good friend of mine was diagnosed with Stage 4 in both
lungs. Unfortunately, the reality is that the prognosis is very dim for
these people. No real fight. I watched my sister-in-law go through the
"fight", but the fact of the matter is that there is just no fight. As
cruel as it sounds, there is no fighting this stuff. It just sucks.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 29 May 2013 22:18:29 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Brian wrote:

+1

I have a sister in the fight now.

Just found out that a good friend of mine was diagnosed with Stage 4 in both
lungs. Unfortunately, the reality is that the prognosis is very dim for
these people. No real fight. I watched my sister-in-law go through the
"fight", but the fact of the matter is that there is just no fight. As
cruel as it sounds, there is no fighting this stuff. It just sucks.

Yes, the chances are slim, but you can still fight. My step father
had stage 4. Five years later he died of kidney failure, not lung
cancer, at the age of 75. Oh, he remodeled my kitchen in the
meantime.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Brian wrote:

+1

I have a sister in the fight now.

Just found out that a good friend of mine was diagnosed with Stage 4
in both lungs. Unfortunately, the reality is that the prognosis is
very dim for these people. No real fight. I watched my
sister-in-law go through the "fight", but the fact of the matter is
that there is just no fight. As cruel as it sounds, there is no
fighting this stuff. It just sucks.

Yes, the chances are slim, but you can still fight. My step father
had stage 4. Five years later he died of kidney failure, not lung
cancer, at the age of 75. Oh, he remodeled my kitchen in the
meantime.

Yup - there are some rare occurrances like your step father. They are the
people who make the average extend out to 18 months upon diagnosis. They
are just the rare ones. Glad you had that extra time with him.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 29/05/2013 9:03 PM, Swingman wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Wed, 29 May 2013 13:06:11 -0300, Brian wrote:

http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR/Rela...al&fr_id=12465

+1

I have a sister in the fight now.

brian

I hope she wins!

+1

Thank you for the support, but I am afraid that the prognosis is fairly
grim. However, she has a remarkably strong character. She is on a 2 week
cycle of chemo, of which one week is pretty tough. However, for that
second week, she enjoys whatever she can cram into the few days that she
has strength to move. An inspiration to the rest of us.

cheers...

brian

Rob Sekeris, RIP Swingman Woodworking 28 January 1st 13 02:44 PM
Rob Sekeris Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 10 December 21st 12 04:29 AM
A good wife brings balance to your life :-:Ghost Chip:-: Electronic Schematics 0 March 8th 09 04:57 AM
How to locate the distributors of relay, relay socket, and switches? [email protected] Electronics 3 May 21st 07 02:18 AM
How to locate the distributors of relay, relay socket, and switches? [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 May 10th 07 06:50 AM