Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rob Sekeris

Just got off the phone with Rob, AKA: Counterfitter, in Sarnia, ONT.

He asked that I update the list His status.

His quote: "They are done with tests".

He is pretty much taking it one day at a time and has accepted the
enivitable.

He also indicated he wants to sell his stuff at a reasonable price.

Based on his comments such as he has $3-$4,000 worth of router bits,
2 HP, CNC router, camera equipment, various woodworking equipment,
computer equipment, software, etc.

Somebody is going to get a fair deal.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 11:27:29 AM UTC-8, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Just got off the phone with Rob, AKA: Counterfitter, in Sarnia, ONT. He asked that I update the list His status. His quote: "They are done with tests". He is pretty much taking it one day at a time and has accepted the enivitable. He also indicated he wants to sell his stuff at a reasonable price. Based on his comments such as he has $3-$4,000 worth of router bits, 2 HP, CNC router, camera equipment, various woodworking equipment, computer equipment, software, etc. Somebody is going to get a fair deal. Lew

Not a great place to be. There but by the grace of God...
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Just got off the phone with Rob, AKA: Counterfitter, in Sarnia, ONT.

He asked that I update the list His status.

His quote: "They are done with tests".

He is pretty much taking it one day at a time and has accepted the
enivitable.

So - for those of us that haven't also called Rob... can you elaborate on
"the enivitable"? If something has been posted about that, I for one appear
to have missed it. Last I talked to Rob there was not that much that was
inevitable, and there were probably more unknowns than knowns - despite the
obvious fears.

He also indicated he wants to sell his stuff at a reasonable price.

That would be Rob.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

So - for those of us that haven't also called Rob... can you
elaborate on "the enivitable"?

As in terminal.

They have quit giving him tests.

As he said, hospice hasn't showed up yet.
If something has been posted about that, I for one appear to have
missed it.

As far as I know, nothing had been posted other that cards
to the hospital web site a couple of weeks ago.
Last I talked to Rob there was not that much that was inevitable,
and there were probably more unknowns than knowns - despite the
obvious fears.

It came as a surprise to me.

He had led me to believe he was gaining on it before today.

He asked me to post to the list which is what I did.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/20/2012 1:00 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote:

So - for those of us that haven't also called Rob... can you
elaborate on "the enivitable"?

As in terminal.

They have quit giving him tests.

As he said, hospice hasn't showed up yet.

Very sad, he did me a huge favour a couple years ago, just out of the
kindness of his heart. I will try and get in touch with him tomorrow.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote:

So - for those of us that haven't also called Rob... can you
elaborate on "the enivitable"?

As in terminal.

They have quit giving him tests.

As he said, hospice hasn't showed up yet.
It came as a surprise to me.

He had led me to believe he was gaining on it before today.

He asked me to post to the list which is what I did.

I guess therein lies the surprise that lead to my question. I too thought
he was gaining on things and found myself thinking "holy **** - did
something develop that I completely missed?".

Thanks Lew.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/20/2012 12:00 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote:

So - for those of us that haven't also called Rob... can you
elaborate on "the enivitable"?

As in terminal.

They have quit giving him tests.

As he said, hospice hasn't showed up yet.
If something has been posted about that, I for one appear to have
missed it.

As far as I know, nothing had been posted other that cards
to the hospital web site a couple of weeks ago.
Last I talked to Rob there was not that much that was inevitable,
and there were probably more unknowns than knowns - despite the
obvious fears.

It came as a surprise to me.

He had led me to believe he was gaining on it before today.

He asked me to post to the list which is what I did.

About two weeks ago Angela, Rob's wife, asked, and for obvious reason,
that any information not be made public until their daughter's first
college exams were over, which was last Saturday.

Our fellow wRec'er Dave (Upscale) just sent Rob a Festool hat. This was
received on Tuesday of this week from Angela (some of which I have
redacted):

"Karl, would you be so kind as to let Dave know the hat arrived this
morning and Rob hasn't taken it off since. It meant so very, very much
to him to receive some snail mail from his Wrec friend... Please know
how much all his Wrec friends mean to him."

Angela previously said she didn't mind giving their snail mail address
out to friends wanting to send Rob wishes (obviously not wise to post on
UseNet) so, if you don't have it already, any wRec'er who would like to
do that, you can send me, Dave, or possibly Han, an email, as Han has
probably been in closer contact with the family and situation than most
of us.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rob Sekeris - Please Read

This from Angela just a few minutes ago (I've munged the email addy
slightly, but you can figure it out).

quote

"Rob hasn't been able to focus at all to check email, Facebook or the wreck.

However, you could share my email address angelasekerisgmail.com and I
could read him the messages when he is awake and alert enough. I think
he would really like that a lot.

Someone from the Wrec called yesterday and he happened to be having one
of his best days in some time (sadly today is quite the opposite). Rob
liked that he had called and I heard Rob tell him that he wished he had
better news to tell him, but the reports are not good and that he thinks
he'll make it to Christmas but the jury is still out on New Years and
that it isn't what he would have chosen had he a choice, but we all have
to go sometime. That pretty much sums up the current status of things,
in Rob's own words, so you could share that with the group.

Yesterday he was talking about the songs he wants played at his funeral
and he would like Linda's "Let Him Go Gently". As you know we use both
versions at both of Rob's parents funerals last year. I can not believe
we are here again ;(( "

/quote

This is one absolutely strong and amazing, but heartsore woman ... if
you see fit, and can grant her above wish, please do so.

Thanks ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

[...]

I have been in contact with Angela somewhat. Yes, Rob is terminal. He
did beat most of his cancer, and has outlasted the disease for an
absolutely remarkably long time (over a year since diagnosis of stage 4
lung cancer). Unfortunately, remnants of his cancer are now killing him
in ways I can't go into (i.e. don't understand). Obviously Angela is
heartbroken, but Rob seems to be handling it. I don't know the daughter
other than from photos on FB, but she seemed very devoted to Rob. I
haven't personally spoken to Rob in a very long time. I am waiting for a
messgae from Angela to call, since Rob has really very bad ups and downs,
and sleeps a lot. I didn't know about the tools etc, although I had been
quietly wondering. And yes I have his address.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
[...]

Thanks Karl (and Lew as well) for posting the correspondances you guys have
had with Rob and his wife. I, and probably most of us that have
corresponded with Rob, have spoken with him in the past, prefer not to
further intrude in their lives by adding additional calls or emails. It's
great that one or a couple of guys here can and do channel these bits of
information back to the rest of us so that we can know what's going on.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/20/2012 11:01 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:
[...]

Agreed, between what I get here, and what I see on Rob's FB page, I get
enough to know it isn't good.

--
Froz...