Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rob Sekeris' wife Relay for Life

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Wed, 29 May 2013 22:18:29 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Brian wrote:

+1

I have a sister in the fight now.

Just found out that a good friend of mine was diagnosed with Stage 4
in both lungs. Unfortunately, the reality is that the prognosis is
very dim for these people. No real fight. I watched my
sister-in-law go through the "fight", but the fact of the matter is
that there is just no fight. As cruel as it sounds, there is no
fighting this stuff. It just sucks.

Yes, the chances are slim, but you can still fight. My step father
had stage 4. Five years later he died of kidney failure, not lung
cancer, at the age of 75. Oh, he remodeled my kitchen in the
meantime.

Yup - there are some rare occurrances like your step father. They are the
people who make the average extend out to 18 months upon diagnosis. They
are just the rare ones. Glad you had that extra time with him.

--

-Mike-