Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Saw Stop would have prevented this

On 4/14/2013 10:15 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/14/2013 6:19 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 14:10:37 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"
But many children have died in China in recent years in similar knife
attacks at schools... By statute they and other locations have become
relatively safe places for madmen to cause mayhem.

Right. Let's use that as a reason to equip everybody including
teachers with firearms.

The problem with guns is that you can't outrun a bullet and it's
pretty hard to fight off someone if they're aiming a gun at you. With
someone holding a knife, you might be able to stay out of their reach
or at the very least, have a much better chance of fighting them off.

I knife will never be used for mass killings like a gun. Take away the
gun and the guy then uses a pipe bomb.

Seems to me a couple of box knives killed thousands on 9-11.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/14/2013 6:19 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 14:10:37 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"
But many children have died in China in recent years in similar knife
attacks at schools... By statute they and other locations have become
relatively safe places for madmen to cause mayhem.

Right. Let's use that as a reason to equip everybody including
teachers with firearms.

The problem with guns is that you can't outrun a bullet and it's
pretty hard to fight off someone if they're aiming a gun at you. With
someone holding a knife, you might be able to stay out of their reach
or at the very least, have a much better chance of fighting them off.

I knife will never be used for mass killings like a gun. Take away the
gun and the guy then uses a pipe bomb.

Seems to me a couple of box knives killed thousands on 9-11.

No, I believe it was the airplanes. If you are saying that the box
knives facilitated the start of destruction you might as well say that
the hyjackers clothing killed thousands also. They would not have been
able to get on board the air plane had they been naked.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 08:15:15 -0500, Steve Barker
wrote:

I knife will never be used for mass killings like a gun. Take away the
gun and the guy then uses a pipe bomb.

Seems to me a couple of box knives killed thousands on 9-11.

Right! And box knives can just as easily replace a gun by someone
walking through a crown slashing the caratoid artery of everybody they
come near. The death toll would be the same as a gun too, right Leon?

Really, really nice feeble try.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 08:15:15 -0500, Steve Barker

Right! And box knives can just as easily replace a gun by someone
walking through a crown slashing the caratoid artery of everybody they
come near. The death toll would be the same as a gun too, right Leon?

Really, really nice feeble try.

Sorry Leon, mix up on the names. mea culpa.