Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Saw Stop would have prevented this

wrote:

However, and it's a BIG HOWEVER, consider the size of the hold your
NRA has on your elected officials versus the really big amount of
people that oppose NRA values. The NRA appears to be holding an awful
lot of control of your governing bodies compared to the amount of
people who don't subscribe to their tenets.

This is something I'm not too sure of Dave. I really don't know how much
power the NRA really wields. I know they are thought of that way by those
who don't care for them or their cause, but I'm just not sure how much they
really have. I think more of what the NRA is able to influence is based on
our Constitution than their lobbying power. Likewise, I really don't know
how many people really disagree with the NRA - as in many things, small but
loud voices can sound like a big crowd.

I'd suggest that you're seeing the beginnings of it happening here.
Not a money rebellion, but a gun versus no gun rebellion. Coupled with
those very public shootings that appear to be happening more often,
people are going to rise up and eventually, your NRA may be
overwhelmed ~ a real or behind the scenes civil war of you will.

I do think something may happen - but it could just as well be the opposite.
Time will tell...

--

-Mike-