Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Miter saw Stand

On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 11:27:54 AM UTC-4, Markem wrote:
On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 06:53:05 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

That's one of the beauties of using GG.
Very portable and sync'd across all devices.

One of few, maybe the only one.

I originally switched to GG because it was the only way to access usenet
on my corporate desktop, upon which I was not allowed to add a standalone
newsreader. Once I realized the convenience of portability/syncing, I saw
no reason to continue using separate newsreaders on my multiple devices.

Sure, I took a lot of crap from die-hard usenet/newsreader bigots, many
of whom plonked Google Groupers just out of "principle", but F them. It
is they that missed the opportunity to partake of my wisdom. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

That's one of the beauties of using GG.
Very portable and sync'd across all devices.

One of few, maybe the only one.

I originally switched to GG because it was the only way to access usenet
on my corporate desktop, upon which I was not allowed to add a standalone
newsreader. Once I realized the convenience of portability/syncing, I saw
no reason to continue using separate newsreaders on my multiple devices.

Sure, I took a lot of crap from die-hard usenet/newsreader bigots, many
of whom plonked Google Groupers just out of "principle", but F them. It
is they that missed the opportunity to partake of my wisdom. ;-)

Like the interface when it was Deja News, not so much when Google
bought them.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/7/2018 8:56 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 9:46:18 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, April 6, 2018 at 3:46:28 PM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
John McGaw writes:
On 4/6/2018 2:14 PM, Curtis M Gauthier wrote:
replying to Bill, Curtis M Gauthier wrote:
The stand is a very nice stand. My problem is with the instructions. The
figures don't come close to matching the instructions. Very poorly written and
confusing

Why is it we're suddenly seeing all of these replies to ancient posts? In
this case we're talking five years although in one recent case it was
fifteen(!) years old. C'mon folks. Take a look at the original date and ask
yourself if anything you post might still be relevant.

Home Moaners Hub and Google Groups, neither of which prominently show
the posting date apparently.

Not sure what you mean by that. Both HOH and GG prominently show the date
in the upper right corner of every post. HOH even includes the words
"posted on".

HMH is simply driving traffic to their
site, so they likely DGAS.

DGAS?

What does the Delta Natural Gas Company have to do with this? Do you
own some of their stock? ;-)

Do a google search.

That's DAGS, not DGAS.

II was giving Scott a little bit of Mike's $hit. ;-)

I think that is what he meant. I often say FIY in place of FYI
Posted to rec.woodworking

John McGaw writes:
[...]

Actually DGAS is _Don't Give a ____.
Posted to rec.woodworking

John McGaw writes:
[...]

Ah...well, that changes everything and fits your statement. Thanks for the
clarification.

Posted to rec.woodworking

John McGaw writes:
[...]

Yeah! And then there is that. LOL