Paul O.

Default Folding miter saw stand

I am wanting to get a folding stand for my 12" DeWalt CMS. Getting tired of
lifting it and carrying it outside of the shed for use. I am looking at the
Delta,50-155. Has some nice features but after reading the reviews on
Amazon, which say by some, that the fence may not be useable with the 12"
saw. Also looking at the Ridgid one at HD. Any one have any experiences with
either which may help make up my mind. The Ridgid is a little more
expensive, but I have a $30 gift certificate for HD and I could get it
tomorrow. Thanks for your thoughts on these two.

--
Paul O.

LIWoodworker

I have the Stablemate for my Makita 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw.

I bought it from Amazon for $100.

So far I really like it! :-)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg.../-/B00008PWXV/

Paul O.

"LIWoodworker" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have the Stablemate for my Makita 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw.

I bought it from Amazon for $100.

So far I really like it! :-)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg.../-/B00008PWXV/

Thanks, that one looks good, but I need one with wheels.
--
Paul O.

no(SPAM)vasys

Paul O. wrote:
I am wanting to get a folding stand for my 12" DeWalt CMS. Getting tired of
lifting it and carrying it outside of the shed for use. I am looking at the
Delta,50-155. Has some nice features but after reading the reviews on
Amazon, which say by some, that the fence may not be useable with the 12"
saw. Also looking at the Ridgid one at HD. Any one have any experiences with
either which may help make up my mind. The Ridgid is a little more
expensive, but I have a $30 gift certificate for HD and I could get it
tomorrow. Thanks for your thoughts on these two.

I have the HTC stand. It works great but it's heavy and rather
cumbersome to fold/unfold.

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx...&FamilyID=6154

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
tools

I bought the ridgid as one HD here has it for $99 (still $150 at the
others). I haven't used it yet, but did get it assembled. It is very heavy
even without a saw mounted to it.

"Paul O." wrote in message
I am wanting to get a folding stand for my 12" DeWalt CMS. Getting tired

of
lifting it and carrying it outside of the shed for use. I am looking at

the
Delta,50-155. Has some nice features but after reading the reviews on
Amazon, which say by some, that the fence may not be useable with the 12"
saw. Also looking at the Ridgid one at HD. Any one have any experiences

with
either which may help make up my mind. The Ridgid is a little more
expensive, but I have a $30 gift certificate for HD and I could get it
tomorrow. Thanks for your thoughts on these two.

--
Paul O.

Unquestionably Confused

LIWoodworker wrote:
I have the Stablemate for my Makita 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw.

I bought it from Amazon for $100.

So far I really like it! :-)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg.../-/B00008PWXV/

Likewise, I bought this last year and really like it. Removing the CMS
is quick and easy and it provides a much nicer working height than did
the stand that came with my Delta Sidekick. Added bonus was that the
old stand for the Sidekick (sans the crappy plastic pieces) has made a
very nice stand for my router table.

I added the wheels to the Stablemate. Took forever for Amazon to ship
them but they are worthwhile if you go with this stand.

Patriarch

"tools" wrote in
:

I bought the ridgid as one HD here has it for $99 (still $150 at the
others). I haven't used it yet, but did get it assembled. It is very
heavy even without a saw mounted to it.

I bought one last year when they were on sale. I take the saw off when it
goes in the back of the pickup truck, but then, I'm not 25 any more, and
haven't been for some years.

Around the shop, the weight doesn't matter. It's quite stable, and the
wheels are large, meaning they travel over uneven surfaces pretty well.
It's nice to be able to wheel the miter saw station out to the driveway,
and worry very little about dust collection issues.

Patriarch

Joe

I got one that was on sale at Menards about a month ago for 79.95. I think
it was an Irwin or Wilton brand. I like it a lot. It has adjustable
extensions and even an adjustable stop block. I was going to build one, but
after I costed out every thing I would need to build it I went with Menards.
It folds up very easily and doesn't take a mule to move.

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"tools" wrote in
:

I bought the ridgid as one HD here has it for $99 (still $150 at the
others). I haven't used it yet, but did get it assembled. It is very
heavy even without a saw mounted to it.

I bought one last year when they were on sale. I take the saw off when it
goes in the back of the pickup truck, but then, I'm not 25 any more, and
haven't been for some years.

Around the shop, the weight doesn't matter. It's quite stable, and the
wheels are large, meaning they travel over uneven surfaces pretty well.
It's nice to be able to wheel the miter saw station out to the driveway,
and worry very little about dust collection issues.

Patriarch

Mike

On Sun, 29 May 2005 17:49:48 GMT, "Paul O."
wrote:

I am wanting to get a folding stand for my 12" DeWalt CMS. Getting tired of
lifting it and carrying it outside of the shed for use. I am looking at the
Delta,50-155. Has some nice features but after reading the reviews on

We have a 12" Dewalt CMS on what looks to be an earlier version of
that Delta stand. The main difference I can see in the pictures are
the little brackets welded to the legs on the back side.
It works fine with the 12" Dewalt CMS. The wheels are large enough so
that one guy can roll it up a set of stairs without much problem. The
roller extensions do have some flex but are certainly strong enough
for most moldings. The only time we had a problem was when we were
cutting 8/4 x 6" oak railing. In that case we just raised the roller
to compensate. I like that stand very much and if you need to move
the saw in and out every day (as we do) it's very handy.

Mike O.

Mike Marlow

"Paul O." wrote in message
.. .

"LIWoodworker" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have the Stablemate for my Makita 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw.

I bought it from Amazon for $100.

So far I really like it! :-)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg.../-/B00008PWXV/

Thanks, that one looks good, but I need one with wheels.

How much does it have to fold up? I used an old gas grill frame and some
scrap MDF and built a Miter Saw stand on wheels. You can hinge extensions
down from the ends to gain more bed space. It takes up a couple of feet of
space just sitting there on the floor, but you don't have to set it up every
time you want to make a cut. Just roll it out into the middle of the floor
and cut.

--

-Mike-

Paul O.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg.../-/B00008PWXV/

Thanks, that one looks good, but I need one with wheels.

How much does it have to fold up? I used an old gas grill frame and some
scrap MDF and built a Miter Saw stand on wheels. You can hinge extensions
down from the ends to gain more bed space. It takes up a couple of feet
of
space just sitting there on the floor, but you don't have to set it up
every
time you want to make a cut. Just roll it out into the middle of the
floor
and cut.

--

-Mike-

Cool idea, however I have a 6' X 10' shed and little room left. It's gonna
have to squeeze in next to the portable Delta dust collector and stand up
so's I can still walk in.
--
Paul O.

Have you built Popular Woodworking's miter saw stand Dick Snyder Woodworking 8 March 27th 05 01:11 PM
Miter Saw Stand ksm Woodworking 6 March 23rd 05 01:41 AM
Great folding stand for $29.00 Gene T Woodworking 1 February 12th 05 05:23 PM
table saw adjustment: how anal? Silvan Woodworking 88 March 6th 04 03:38 PM