Posted to rec.woodworking

Default wow you guys are quiet

I posted the HF geared ratchet clamp like the Bessey KliKlamp on the
binaries and not one of you commented. good ,bad or rant.

You all must be sick, or dying.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
I posted the HF geared ratchet clamp like the Bessey KliKlamp on the
binaries and not one of you commented. good ,bad or rant.

You all must be sick, or dying.

HF is an hour's drive away from me, and besides--I'm all clamped out.
Now if they still had the better turning set like they used to, I
would get another one. They make good starting points for design your
own scrapers.

--
 GW Ross

 They told me I was gullible ... and I
 believed them!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 20:16:00 -0400, woodchucker wrote:

I posted the HF geared ratchet clamp like the Bessey KliKlamp on the
binaries and not one of you commented. good ,bad or rant.

Nice! I was unaware HF sold KliKlamp type clamps. According to the pic you
posted it looks like they are item number 60434 but that's not found on their
web site. Are they a new item and not yet on HF's web site or were they bought
years ago and have since been discontinued?

SORRY, NO ITEMS FOUND FOR ''60434''
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...esult/?q=60434

Posted to rec.woodworking

"woodchucker" wrote in message

I posted the HF geared ratchet clamp like the Bessey KliKlamp on the
binaries and not one of you commented. good ,bad or rant.

You all must be sick, or dying.

--
Jeff

It would help if the picture showed up. WW

Posted to rec.woodworking

"woodchucker" wrote in message

I posted the HF geared ratchet clamp like the Bessey KliKlamp on the
binaries and not one of you commented. good ,bad or rant.

You all must be sick, or dying.

--
Jeff

Checked again and the photo came through. WW

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:16:00 PM UTC-4, woodchucker wrote:
I posted the HF geared ratchet clamp like the Bessey KliKlamp on the
binaries and not one of you commented. good ,bad or rant.

You all must be sick, or dying.

Seriously. Who's up next for "how do i fill a hole"?
JP
grumble
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
I posted the HF geared ratchet clamp like the Bessey KliKlamp on the
binaries and not one of you commented. good ,bad or rant.

You all must be sick, or dying.

I never saw it.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"JayPique" wrote:

Seriously. Who's up next for "how do i fill a hole"?
JP
grumble

--------------------------------
Depends on the hole.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"G. Ross" wrote in message
woodchucker wrote:
I posted the HF geared ratchet clamp like the Bessey KliKlamp on the
binaries and not one of you commented. good ,bad or rant.

You all must be sick, or dying.

HF is an hour's drive away from me, and besides--I'm all clamped out. Now
if they still had the better turning set like they used to, I would get
another one. They make good starting points for design your own scrapers.

--
 GW Ross

 They told me I was gullible ... and I
 believed them!

GW, both of our HF here in the Chicago burbs have the old set (dark purple
handles) I have a couple sets that I've turned into many custom scrapers!

Dan

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:513fefbd$0$21104
:

"JayPique" wrote:

Seriously. Who's up next for "how do i fill a hole"?
JP
grumble

--------------------------------
Depends on the hole.

Lew

I like to fill mine with a special filler: 78% Element 3, 21% Element 8,
and 1% other. It works great for all holes, and when you don't need it
any more you can easily remove it to fill the hole with something else.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
I posted the HF geared ratchet clamp like the Bessey KliKlamp on the
binaries and not one of you commented. good ,bad or rant.

You all must be sick, or dying.

I couldn't find a "geared ratchet clamp" on the HF site. Perhaps if you
provided an item number...?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"JayPique" wrote in message

You all must be sick, or dying.

Seriously. Who's up next for "how do i fill a hole"?

Are you suggesting that the holes be filled with the sick, dying or dead?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:16:00 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:
I posted the HF geared ratchet clamp like the Bessey KliKlamp on the

binaries and not one of you commented. good ,bad or rant.

You all must be sick, or dying.

--

Jeff

We are making sawdust.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/12/2013 9:59 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 20:16:00 -0400, woodchucker wrote:

I posted the HF geared ratchet clamp like the Bessey KliKlamp on the
binaries and not one of you commented. good ,bad or rant.

Nice! I was unaware HF sold KliKlamp type clamps. According to the pic you
posted it looks like they are item number 60434 but that's not found on their
web site. Are they a new item and not yet on HF's web site or were they bought
years ago and have since been discontinued?

SORRY, NO ITEMS FOUND FOR ''60434''
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...esult/?q=60434

yep that the number. And I saw them about 3 or 4 months ago and did not
find them on the web site.
Went in this past Sunday and expected to pay $19.99
plus 20% off coupon, but it was on sale plus the 20% and it wound up
8.38...
so I sent the wife in... Going to get more. I ground off the nubs on the
pad. These are great clamps for that price, or even more.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/13/2013 9:30 AM, HeyBub wrote:
woodchucker wrote:
I posted the HF geared ratchet clamp like the Bessey KliKlamp on the
binaries and not one of you commented. good ,bad or rant.

You all must be sick, or dying.

I couldn't find a "geared ratchet clamp" on the HF site. Perhaps if you
provided an item number...?

it is item # 60434 like spalted walt said..
it's not on the site.. and that makes it impossible to track for sales.

--
Jeff

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article om,
Lew Hodgett wrote:

"JayPique" wrote:

Seriously. Who's up next for "how do i fill a hole"?
JP
grumble

--------------------------------
Depends on the hole.

Lew

Surely he can't go wrong with epoxy and micro-baloons, right Lew?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"JayPique" wrote:

Seriously. Who's up next for "how do i fill a hole"?
JP
grumble
--------------------------------
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Depends on the hole.

Lew
----------------------------------
"Larry W" wrote:

Surely he can't go wrong with epoxy and micro-baloons, right Lew?

-------------------------------------
Don't think I'd go quite that farG.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 18:13:24 -0400, woodchucker wrote:

yep that the number. And I saw them about 3 or 4 months ago and did not
find them on the web site.
Went in this past Sunday and expected to pay $19.99
plus 20% off coupon, but it was on sale plus the 20% and it wound up
8.38...
so I sent the wife in... Going to get more. I ground off the nubs on the
pad. These are great clamps for that price, or even more.

Called 3 different HF in my area, 1 store had 2 in stock, the rest were out and
didn't expect to get any in - since the 60434 clamp is a "clearance item". I
grabbed the remaining 2 although 1 was missing the rubber pad. I'll epoxy a pad
that I bought a couple of years ago:

http://www.harborfreight.com/9-pairs...ads-91952.html

Every bit as strong as the Bessey, if not stronger...
http://holzwerkerblog.de/wp-content/...y_kliklamp.jpg