Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Neat Hold Down

Enjoy

Lew
------------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/ar3tcwm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/7/2013 10:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Enjoy

Lew
------------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/ar3tcwm

That's been published in so many magazines over the years.

Here's a nice clamp though:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...48&cat=1,43838 just
received a test purchase of the 6 and 12" , definetly buying more.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

rswertwtr

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/7/13 9:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Enjoy

Lew
------------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/ar3tcwm

I like their tips but they all seem to speak the same horrible language
pet-peeve of mine.
"Next we're going to 'go ahead and'....."
WTF is "go ahead and?"
And they say it for everything they do. Drives me nuts.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/8/2013 12:05 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/7/13 9:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Enjoy

Lew
------------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/ar3tcwm

I like their tips but they all seem to speak the same horrible language
pet-peeve of mine.
"Next we're going to 'go ahead and'....."
WTF is "go ahead and?"
And they say it for everything they do. Drives me nuts.

I'd have to agree.
Not as bad as a rising inflection on the end of every sentence.
But definitely obnoxious...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/7/2013 11:05 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/7/13 9:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Enjoy

Lew
------------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/ar3tcwm

I like their tips but they all seem to speak the same horrible language
pet-peeve of mine.
"Next we're going to 'go ahead and'....."
WTF is "go ahead and?"
And they say it for everything they do. Drives me nuts.

Just thought I'd go ahead and respond. ;-)
Have a nice day.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/8/13 11:40 AM, MaxD wrote:
On 3/7/2013 11:05 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/7/13 9:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Enjoy

Lew
------------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/ar3tcwm

I like their tips but they all seem to speak the same horrible language
pet-peeve of mine.
"Next we're going to 'go ahead and'....."
WTF is "go ahead and?"
And they say it for everything they do. Drives me nuts.

Just thought I'd go ahead and respond. ;-)
Have a nice day.

I was waiting for that. :-p

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, March 7, 2013 7:30:32 PM UTC-8, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Enjoy Lew ------------------------------ http://tinyurl.com/ar3tcwm

Yeah, nice idea. Kind of a McGiver thing. I could probably make one pretty quickly but I would have to remove the 3 or 4 sets of flexible plastic feather boards I have attached to every piece of equipment to make the cuts.

;^)
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
woodchucker wrote:
On 3/7/2013 10:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Enjoy

Lew
------------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/ar3tcwm

That's been published in so many magazines over the years.

It's probably been in Woodsmith alone more than a dozen times, along with
a bazillion "ultimate router tables!"

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Enjoy

Lew
------------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/ar3tcwm

--------------------------------------
"woodchucker" wrote:

That's been published in so many magazines over the years.

Guess a good idea deserves being remembered.
Here's a nice clamp though:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...48&cat=1,43838 just
received a test purchase of the 6 and 12" , definetly buying more.

What ever floats your boat.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Enjoy

Lew
------------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/ar3tcwm

"-MIKE-" wrote:

I like their tips but they all seem to speak the same horrible
language pet-peeve of mine.
"Next we're going to 'go ahead and'....."
WTF is "go ahead and?"
And they say it for everything they do. Drives me nuts.

It's not a basic grammar program, but can understand your peeve.

BTW, mine is the use of the improper objective case rather than
subjective case for the male/female pronouns "Him" for "He"
and "Her" for "She" and vice versa.

My grade school grammar teachers would roll over in their graves.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote:

Yeah, nice idea. Kind of a McGiver thing. I could probably make one
pretty quickly but I would have to remove the 3 or 4 sets of
flexible plastic feather boards I have attached to every piece of
equipment to make the cuts.

Just curious, how do you install a magnetic feather board so
that it performs the hold down function as the McGiver thing
above does?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 10:40:27 -0700, MaxD wrote:

On 3/7/2013 11:05 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/7/13 9:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Enjoy

Lew
------------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/ar3tcwm

I like their tips but they all seem to speak the same horrible language
pet-peeve of mine.
"Next we're going to 'go ahead and'....."
WTF is "go ahead and?"
And they say it for everything they do. Drives me nuts.

Just thought I'd go ahead and respond. ;-)
Have a nice day.

Three of my current peeves a

"try and" (instead of "try to")
and
"a myriad of" (instead of "myriad")
and
"have got" (instead of plain "have")

Or how about salespeople CONSTANTLY using your name in their spewage?
Once gets them closer to you; six times in seven sentences gives you
the screaming willies, and you can feel (and nearly SEE) the deceit
coming through as they try to hook you into their useless sales pitch.

--
If more sane people were armed,
crazy people would get off fewer shots.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/8/2013 12:05 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/7/13 9:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Enjoy

Lew
------------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/ar3tcwm

I like their tips but they all seem to speak the same horrible language
pet-peeve of mine.
"Next we're going to 'go ahead and'....."
WTF is "go ahead and?"
And they say it for everything they do. Drives me nuts.

I'd have to agree.
Not as bad as a rising inflection on the end of every sentence.
But definitely obnoxious...

I ordered one of the newer "Nature" DVDs through Netflix recently and
had to send it back unwatched. I've been away from TV for 6 years now
and the new narrator (RIP George Page!) is one of those people who has
to have a ton of emphasis on every single word that comes out of his
mouth, like a bad commercial. It's just horrible and ruined the
experience, along with the stupidly loud and inappropriate music in
the _foreground_. I guess they're trying to force it through teen
minds now or something. sigh

--
If more sane people were armed,
crazy people would get off fewer shots.
Support the 2nd Amendment

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote the following on 3/8/2013 1:05 AM (ET):
On 3/7/13 9:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Enjoy

Lew
------------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/ar3tcwm

I like their tips but they all seem to speak the same horrible language
pet-peeve of mine.
"Next we're going to 'go ahead and'....."
WTF is "go ahead and?"
And they say it for everything they do. Drives me nuts.

Me too. It seems like a southern US thing.
"We're going to go ahead and..:". To me, that means we're going to skip
the next step while it has to cure, dry, get cooler, etc., and we'll
come back to that step that we went ahead on.
It's like "...get ahold of..". It's either "get hold of", or .."get a
hold on..."

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/10/2013 6:17 PM, willshak wrote:
-MIKE- wrote the following on 3/8/2013 1:05 AM (ET):
On 3/7/13 9:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Enjoy

Lew
------------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/ar3tcwm

I like their tips but they all seem to speak the same horrible
language pet-peeve of mine.
"Next we're going to 'go ahead and'....."
WTF is "go ahead and?"
And they say it for everything they do. Drives me nuts.

Me too. It seems like a southern US thing.
"We're going to go ahead and..:". To me, that means we're going to skip
the next step while it has to cure, dry, get cooler, etc., and we'll
come back to that step that we went ahead on.
It's like "...get ahold of..". It's either "get hold of", or .."get a
hold on..."

I believe it is part of much of the older US dialect, Much like the (I
believe) obsolete term "I am a fixin to"

I have heard my grandparents and my parents in northern Indiana say many
times "go ahead and" do something.

I have always interpreted it as yes we are not currently finished with
what we are doing but we are going to start something new. The
something that is not finished, may not be well defined.

The US dialect is strongly influenced but the construction of other
language, such as German. In in some areas I find it is nearly as common
too put the verb at the end of the sentence as done in German, as its
position in English.

You should enjoy the peculiarities our US Dialect of the English
language, and use them to understand the United States rather than
cursing them.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Keith Nuttle" wrote:

I have heard my grandparents and my parents in northern Indiana say
many times "go ahead and" do something.

What part of northern Indiana?

Still have some relatives scattered across north central Indiana.

Lew

Neat stuff Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 6 July 25th 10 12:19 AM
Neat metalworking RBnDFW Metalworking 7 January 10th 10 05:05 AM
Neat little laser Don Foreman Metalworking 11 December 30th 05 05:17 AM
Neat product Tony Mo Woodworking 12 October 21st 04 11:42 PM
A really neat test!!! Pete & sheri Metalworking 18 March 10th 04 08:49 PM