Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Neat Hold Down

On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 10:40:27 -0700, MaxD wrote:

On 3/7/2013 11:05 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/7/13 9:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Enjoy

Lew
------------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/ar3tcwm

I like their tips but they all seem to speak the same horrible language
pet-peeve of mine.
"Next we're going to 'go ahead and'....."
WTF is "go ahead and?"
And they say it for everything they do. Drives me nuts.

Just thought I'd go ahead and respond. ;-)
Have a nice day.

Three of my current peeves a

"try and" (instead of "try to")
and
"a myriad of" (instead of "myriad")
and
"have got" (instead of plain "have")

Or how about salespeople CONSTANTLY using your name in their spewage?
Once gets them closer to you; six times in seven sentences gives you
the screaming willies, and you can feel (and nearly SEE) the deceit
coming through as they try to hook you into their useless sales pitch.

--
If more sane people were armed,
crazy people would get off fewer shots.