Pete & sheri

Default A really neat test!!!

While looking for information on Grade 3 bolts recently (you know who
you are!), I found this neat website that has an interesting written
test. The test is for "10th graders". They must be pretty darned
smart in North Dakota!
Take a look! (note that it is in pdf format)

http://www.sendit.nodak.edu/ndffa/Te...ttenExam03.pdf

Pete Stanaitis

Bart D. Hull

Vince

I believe the formula for the area of a circle is Pi * R squared.

so (3.66/2) * 3.14 = 5.7462 sq. not 10.52

--
Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Pete & sheri wrote:

While looking for information on Grade 3 bolts recently (you know who
you are!), I found this neat website that has an interesting written
test. The test is for "10th graders". They must be pretty darned
smart in North Dakota!
Take a look! (note that it is in pdf format)

http://www.sendit.nodak.edu/ndffa/Te...ttenExam03.pdf

Pete Stanaitis

Dave Baker

Subject: A really neat test!!!
From: "Bart D. Hull"
Date: 10/03/04 04:14 GMT Standard Time
Vince

I believe the formula for the area of a circle is Pi * R squared.

so (3.66/2) * 3.14 = 5.7462 sq. not 10.52

Not related to Bart Simpson by any chance ?

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines (
www.pumaracing.co.uk)
I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish,
unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.
Greg O

"Bart D. Hull" wrote in message
Vince

I believe the formula for the area of a circle is Pi * R squared.

so (3.66/2) * 3.14 = 5.7462 sq. not 10.52

You screwed up the R squared part!
R=3.66/2 or 1.83
So (1.83 squared) * Pi = 10.52
Greg

Lane

http://www.1728.com/diam.htm says the answer is 10.520879637606858

Abrasha

"Bart D. Hull" wrote:

Vince

I believe the formula for the area of a circle is Pi * R squared.

so (3.66/2) * 3.14 = 5.7462 sq. not 10.52

That's right Mr. Einstein. And R = D/2

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
A.Gent

"Abrasha" wrote in message
"Bart D. Hull" wrote:

Vince

I believe the formula for the area of a circle is Pi * R squared.

so (3.66/2) * 3.14 = 5.7462 sq. not 10.52

That's right Mr. Einstein. And R = D/2

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Jeeesus H. !
Is this really such a difficult problem?

jim rozen

In article , A.Gent says...

Is this really such a difficult problem?

It is when the four choices given are all
wrong.

Jim

please reply to:

Jim Wilson

jim rozen wrote...
In article , A.Gent says...

Is this really such a difficult problem?

It is when the four choices given are all
wrong.

Same thing on #28, also, at least.

Jim
Pete & sheri

You sure are right. After I posted the link, I took the test myself and
found that error. It's a shame. I think they must have moved the
decimal point one digit to the right on answer 2.
I also found about a half dozen questions that were ambiguous in one
way or another. For instance, Q 31 wants the answer of "auger bit",
but I have some 12" long auger bits for my big Milwaukee Hole Shooter.

Sorry, I didn't mean to waste your time,
Pete Stanaitis
--------------------

Vince Iorio wrote:

I don't understand. A circle with a diameter of 3.66 ft has an area of
10.52 ft^2, which is not one of the options, nor close to any of the
options.

Vince

Michael Gray

And in question #16, when one is given fallacious information -

7.5 gallons in 1 cu.ft.

everyone knows there are 6.25 real gallons in a cu.ft. otherwise how
could a cubic foot weigh 62.5 lbs (10 lbs/gal.)

Watch it! :-)

Mike the Limey in BC, Canada

Vince Iorio wrote:

I don't understand. A circle with a diameter of 3.66 ft has an area of
10.52 ft^2, which is not one of the options, nor close to any of the
options.

Vince

Michael Gray

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:48:23 -0600, Pete & sheri
wrote:

While looking for information on Grade 3 bolts recently (you know who
you are!), I found this neat website that has an interesting written
test. The test is for "10th graders". They must be pretty darned
smart in North Dakota!

Well, at least their Agricultural Mechanics must be!

Take a look! (note that it is in pdf format)
http://www.sendit.nodak.edu/ndffa/Te...ttenExam03.pdf

Pete Stanaitis

Mike in BC

Don Bruder

In article ,
Michael Gray wrote:

And in question #16, when one is given fallacious information -

7.5 gallons in 1 cu.ft.

everyone knows there are 6.25 real gallons in a cu.ft. otherwise how
could a cubic foot weigh 62.5 lbs (10 lbs/gal.)

Huh???

Last time I was paying attention, I thought straight H2O weighed
8-point-something pounds to the gallon?

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
I respond to Email as quick as humanly possible. If you Email me and get no

Brian

"David Billington" wrote in message
7.5 US gallons / cubic foot, 6.25 British imperial gallons / cubic foot.

historically speaking, why is that? The Brits invented the gallon, it
conveniently weighs 10 pounds if it's water, and you Americans go ahead and
change it. What's up with that? You probably just wanted to go around
getting lousy gas mileage, or was it that you wanted to be able to carry
less weight when Ma sent you to the well to get a few gallns of water?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Brian

David Billington

I'm not american, i'm british, although I did live in the US for 12
years. I have been told that the US gallon is the old imperial wine
measure so you could accuse the british of selling short gallons and
the americans of perpetuating it.

Brian wrote:

"David Billington" wrote in message
k...

7.5 US gallons / cubic foot, 6.25 British imperial gallons / cubic foot.

historically speaking, why is that? The Brits invented the gallon, it
conveniently weighs 10 pounds if it's water, and you Americans go ahead and
change it. What's up with that? You probably just wanted to go around
getting lousy gas mileage, or was it that you wanted to be able to carry
less weight when Ma sent you to the well to get a few gallns of water?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Brian

Central Heating Pressure Test wullie UK diy 4 March 26th 04 09:03 PM
Ferrolio Optima 901 relief valve test knob Ted UK diy 3 January 8th 04 03:12 AM
test for Jimbo dale Metalworking 3 November 13th 03 05:52 PM
RCCB not tripping when test button pushed James W UK diy 9 September 27th 03 12:14 AM