Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Side Panels For Desk Drawer Units

Well the glue is setting and all 8 sides of the ddesk drawer units are
basically done. Next major task will be building drawers. The desk
portion could be finished by the end of next week, probably not. LOL

These BTY are clocked 90 degrees...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8389196187/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/17/2013 11:57 AM, Leon wrote:
Well the glue is setting and all 8 sides of the ddesk drawer units are
basically done. Next major task will be building drawers. The desk
portion could be finished by the end of next week, probably not. LOL

These BTY are clocked 90 degrees...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8389196187/

Gorgeous, as usual. Hell, you _will_ be finished next week.

BTW, What does the "Y" stand for? g,d,r

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/17/13 11:57 AM, Leon wrote:
Well the glue is setting and all 8 sides of the ddesk drawer units are
basically done. Next major task will be building drawers. The desk
portion could be finished by the end of next week, probably not. LOL

These BTY are clocked 90 degrees...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8389196187/

That band saw...... I hate you.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/17/2013 12:25 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/17/2013 11:57 AM, Leon wrote:
Well the glue is setting and all 8 sides of the ddesk drawer units are
basically done. Next major task will be building drawers. The desk
portion could be finished by the end of next week, probably not. LOL

These BTY are clocked 90 degrees...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8389196187/

Gorgeous, as usual. Hell, you _will_ be finished next week.

BTW, What does the "Y" stand for? g,d,r

Out of the clamps and dry fit with approximate distance placement.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8390822778/

Joint Detail

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/17/2013 12:25 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/17/2013 11:57 AM, Leon wrote:
Well the glue is setting and all 8 sides of the ddesk drawer units are
basically done. Next major task will be building drawers. The desk
portion could be finished by the end of next week, probably not. LOL

These BTY are clocked 90 degrees...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8389196187/

Gorgeous, as usual. Hell, you _will_ be finished next week.

Perhaps.

BTW, What does the "Y" stand for? g,d,r

Hell! And I paid particular attention to that and even was thinking of
you when I typed it. I have done that for so long that BTY looks right
and BTW looks wrong.

While we are at it, wheat does the extra d in ddesk stand for?? ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:57:02 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8389196187/

Noticed the saw tracks on the sheet plywood to the right of that
picture. I'm assuming they're from your track saw. You get quite a bit
of use from that don't you? Makes me ask, do you ever miss cutting
sheet goods on the table saw?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/17/2013 9:45 PM, Dave wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:57:02 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8389196187/

Noticed the saw tracks on the sheet plywood to the right of that
picture. I'm assuming they're from your track saw. You get quite a bit
of use from that don't you? Makes me ask, do you ever miss cutting
sheet goods on the table saw?

Actually the saw tracks are hanging vertically just to the left of the
Laguna band saw. Drive by.... ;~)

The kerf slots you see on the plywood table are from the track saw.
Most of those were made when cutting plastic laminate on my last job.
But to answer your question, I do not miss cutting full sheets of
plywood on my TS. I did that for about 25 years and wish I'd had this
alternative 24 years ago. Keep in mind that the track saw could replace
the TS if quality of cut was the only factor.
I do still cut plenty of plywood on my TS, hardly a piece does not get
cut on the TS, the track saw simply makes large pieces into smaller and
easier to manage pieces for the TS.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 23:34:41 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
But to answer your question, I do not miss cutting full sheets of
plywood on my TS. I did that for about 25 years and wish I'd had this
alternative 24 years ago. Keep in mind that the track saw could replace
the TS if quality of cut was the only factor.

I ask these questions in relation to my wheelchair. I can sit and feed
sheet plywood through the tablesaw, but I can't move and run a track
saw through plywood at the same time. I wish it was otherwise.

Two years ago, I bought a TS55 to see if there was some way I could
use it, but ended up exchanging it for an hl850e planer.

The only tracksaw method I can think of using is one of the self
feeding types. The Mafell PSS 3100e is an example. And, despite the
horrific cost of approximately $3000, it's something I'd seriously
consider.

http://www.core77.com/blog/tools/fro..._saw_24165.asp
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/18/2013 12:12 AM, Dave wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 23:34:41 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
But to answer your question, I do not miss cutting full sheets of
plywood on my TS. I did that for about 25 years and wish I'd had this
alternative 24 years ago. Keep in mind that the track saw could replace
the TS if quality of cut was the only factor.

I ask these questions in relation to my wheelchair. I can sit and feed
sheet plywood through the tablesaw, but I can't move and run a track
saw through plywood at the same time. I wish it was otherwise.

Two years ago, I bought a TS55 to see if there was some way I could
use it, but ended up exchanging it for an hl850e planer.

I never tried to use a planer to cut boards Dave. How is that work'n
out fer yuh G,D,& R.

I know, I know. I saw low hanging fruit. LOL

The only tracksaw method I can think of using is one of the self
feeding types. The Mafell PSS 3100e is an example. And, despite the
horrific cost of approximately $3000, it's something I'd seriously
consider.

http://www.core77.com/blog/tools/fro..._saw_24165.asp

Yeah! I have seen that saw, very cool!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
On 1/18/2013 12:12 AM, Dave wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 23:34:41 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
But to answer your question, I do not miss cutting full sheets of
plywood on my TS. I did that for about 25 years and wish I'd had
this alternative 24 years ago. Keep in mind that the track saw
could replace the TS if quality of cut was the only factor.

I ask these questions in relation to my wheelchair. I can sit and
feed sheet plywood through the tablesaw, but I can't move and run a
track saw through plywood at the same time. I wish it was otherwise.

Two years ago, I bought a TS55 to see if there was some way I could
use it, but ended up exchanging it for an hl850e planer.

I never tried to use a planer to cut boards Dave.

Nor have I. But I did see someone try to do so with a joiner.

It was in a junior high shop class around 1946. When the teacher saw the
kid trying to cut through the board with the joiner he grabbed the kid, bent
him over a table and broke the board with the kid's butt. As I said, it was
1946 and things were different corporal punishment-wise then. And no, I
wasn't the kid.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/18/2013 2:10 PM, dadiOH wrote:
Leon wrote:
[...]

The good old days, however It was 1969 for me. Use the jointer ONLY to
straighten or flatten a board, NEVER to clean up a cut or make the board
a specific thickness or width. Our shop teacher took base ball bats and
cut them long ways a few times to product 3~4 paddles.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 13:40:50 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
I never tried to use a planer to cut boards Dave. How is that work'n
out fer yuh G,D,& R.
I know, I know. I saw low hanging fruit. LOL

Worked out pretty good ~ after I disposed of the three feet pile of
shavings.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 19:00:40 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
The good old days, however It was 1969 for me. Use the jointer ONLY to
straighten or flatten a board, NEVER to clean up a cut or make the board
a specific thickness or width. Our shop teacher took base ball bats and
cut them long ways a few times to product 3~4 paddles.

Been years since I've thought about those 'good old days'. For
throwing a snowball, I was hit three times on the palm of my hand with
a leather strap.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 19:00:40 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
The good old days, however It was 1969 for me. Use the jointer ONLY
to straighten or flatten a board, NEVER to clean up a cut or make
the board a specific thickness or width. Our shop teacher took base
ball bats and cut them long ways a few times to product 3~4 paddles.

Been years since I've thought about those 'good old days'. For
throwing a snowball, I was hit three times on the palm of my hand with
a leather strap.

Sure... next you're gonna tell us that's how those calluses got there...

--

-Mike-

HOA: No home office, so... HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 18 August 30th 08 10:03 PM
Heating a home office Andrew UK diy 23 November 6th 06 09:37 AM
Home Office-- In the yard! HeyBub Home Repair 1 July 29th 06 04:00 PM
More furniture for home and office Leon Woodworking 5 April 6th 06 04:23 AM
Repair pc at your home or office. yoursickpc.com Home Repair 3 March 11th 06 03:51 AM