Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Side Panels For Desk Drawer Units

On 1/17/2013 9:45 PM, Dave wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:57:02 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8389196187/

Noticed the saw tracks on the sheet plywood to the right of that
picture. I'm assuming they're from your track saw. You get quite a bit
of use from that don't you? Makes me ask, do you ever miss cutting
sheet goods on the table saw?

Actually the saw tracks are hanging vertically just to the left of the
Laguna band saw. Drive by.... ;~)

The kerf slots you see on the plywood table are from the track saw.
Most of those were made when cutting plastic laminate on my last job.
But to answer your question, I do not miss cutting full sheets of
plywood on my TS. I did that for about 25 years and wish I'd had this
alternative 24 years ago. Keep in mind that the track saw could replace
the TS if quality of cut was the only factor.
I do still cut plenty of plywood on my TS, hardly a piece does not get
cut on the TS, the track saw simply makes large pieces into smaller and
easier to manage pieces for the TS.