Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Jet 6" Jointer opinion

Is this as decent a deal as I think? Haven't seen the tool in person
yet.

http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...ls-6-JET-joint
er-W0QQAdIdZ421637187

TIA

--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because itıs the one thing I can think of that probably doesnıt. *
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, October 12, 2012 11:43:36 PM UTC-4, Dave Balderstone wrote:
Is this as decent a deal as I think? Haven't seen the tool in person

yet.

http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...ls-6-JET-joint

er-W0QQAdIdZ421637187

Looks like a good price to me. Google 6" jet jointer for more pricing.

RP

TIA

--

I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I

like fishing because itıs the one thing I can think of that probably doesnıt. *

John Gierach

Posted to rec.woodworking

That is high for that unit.

See if you can get it for under $250.
more like 225 or better at $200.

Is this as decent a deal as I think? Haven't seen the tool in person
yet.

http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...ls-6-JET-joint
er-W0QQAdIdZ421637187

TIA

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Is this as decent a deal as I think? Haven't seen the tool in person
yet.

Oh, it's decent if local for no shipping but I wouldn't consider it
great. OTOH, if it's available now as opposed to continuing to look/wait
and you'll be satisfied w/ the 6"...that'd be my biggest concern that
you'll be in same position as is reason this owner is now selling
shortly because you'll regret not having at least an 8" machine...

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , RP
wrote:

On Friday, October 12, 2012 11:43:36 PM UTC-4, Dave Balderstone wrote:
Is this as decent a deal as I think? Haven't seen the tool in person

yet.

http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...ls-6-JET-joint

er-W0QQAdIdZ421637187

Looks like a good price to me. Google 6" jet jointer for more pricing.

RP

Jet aren't common up here, but a good 6" jointer is going for about
$700 new.

How does Jet compare in quality to General International?

djb

--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because itıs the one thing I can think of that probably doesnıt. *
John Gierach

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 10/13/2012 10:22 AM, Dave Balderstone wrote:

How does Jet compare in quality to General International?

Roughly equivalent; typically a little less expensive--the Jet brand is
owned by the parent of Powermatic and they're in the same ballpark
competitively as the better 2nd=tier generics.

Specifically to models I'd have to look at the General offering; this
one is not the center-mount fence but the rear mount that is a little
less convenient.

One of best comparisons is look up weight--the more cast iron the better
is a general rule that rarely leads in the wrong direction...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 21:43:34 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

Is this as decent a deal as I think? Haven't seen the tool in person
yet.

http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...ls-6-JET-joint
er-W0QQAdIdZ421637187

TIA

Interesting it looks like mine as far as the fence goes which I got in
the 70's when Jet was getting started in the Seattle area. Its
actually green. Considering the extra knives and all it looks clean
might be a fair tool. I've gotten good service from mine other then
when I wish it was wider.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Is this as decent a deal as I think? Haven't seen the tool in person
yet.

http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...ls-6-JET-joint
er-W0QQAdIdZ421637187

TIA

Interesting it looks like mine as far as the fence goes which I got in
the 70's when Jet was getting started in the Seattle area. Its
actually green. Considering the extra knives and all it looks clean
might be a fair tool. I've gotten good service from mine other then
when I wish it was wider.

Picked it up last night for $275. It's in pristine shape, even though
it's at least 25 years old. Glue-line quality on the tests.

Now to clear a space, get it out of the trailer and reassemble.

--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because itıs the one thing I can think of that probably doesnıt. *
John Gierach
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:23:48 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

wrote:

Is this as decent a deal as I think? Haven't seen the tool in person
yet.

http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...ls-6-JET-joint
er-W0QQAdIdZ421637187

TIA

Interesting it looks like mine as far as the fence goes which I got in
the 70's when Jet was getting started in the Seattle area. Its
actually green. Considering the extra knives and all it looks clean
might be a fair tool. I've gotten good service from mine other then
when I wish it was wider.

Picked it up last night for $275. It's in pristine shape, even though
it's at least 25 years old. Glue-line quality on the tests.

Now to clear a space, get it out of the trailer and reassemble.

Good for you, and I think you'l be happy. The fence on those is very
solid.

Mike M