Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default Jet 6" Jointer opinion

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:23:48 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Mike M
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 21:43:34 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

Is this as decent a deal as I think? Haven't seen the tool in person
yet.

http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...ls-6-JET-joint
er-W0QQAdIdZ421637187

TIA

Interesting it looks like mine as far as the fence goes which I got in
the 70's when Jet was getting started in the Seattle area. Its
actually green. Considering the extra knives and all it looks clean
might be a fair tool. I've gotten good service from mine other then
when I wish it was wider.

Picked it up last night for $275. It's in pristine shape, even though
it's at least 25 years old. Glue-line quality on the tests.

Now to clear a space, get it out of the trailer and reassemble.

Good for you, and I think you'l be happy. The fence on those is very
solid.

Mike M