Grandpa

Default Opinion Rigid Jointer

Looking at the model JP0610 w/ the 20% off at HD making it $319+tax.
I'm a hobbiest but will probably build some kitchen cabinets and who
knows what all else. I seldom ask for opinions but am curious what
others think of it. One review in Epinions and its a 5.

John A. Voss

I've had mine for almost a year now and use it on every project I work on.
It works just as good as the Jet that my father-in-law has so I can't
complain.

The only complaint I have is the shape of the base since it doesn't go
straight down but flares out in a triangle shape. I want to put a mobile
base under it but not sure how stable it will be. It's not too big of a
deal to pull it out by lifting each end one at a time.

John

"Grandpa" jsdebooATcomcast.net wrote in message
Looking at the model JP0610 w/ the 20% off at HD making it $319+tax.
I'm a hobbiest but will probably build some kitchen cabinets and who
knows what all else. I seldom ask for opinions but am curious what
others think of it. One review in Epinions and its a 5.

Grandpa

Thanks, I bit the bullet and bought it. I'm stoked and ready for summer
so I can build more stuffG. Saved $150 between the BT3100 and the
Jointer I just bought - WhooHoo!

Mounted biscuit jointer JR Woodworking 3 December 7th 03 06:55 PM
Jointer Safety Help Mark Jerde Woodworking 34 October 21st 03 06:20 PM
jointer question Blake McCully Woodworking 9 August 21st 03 03:47 AM