Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Opinion

Who will Win?
Posted to rec.woodworking

in 1538638 20120920 070452 "CW" wrote:
Who will Win?

Who cares?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bob Martin" wrote in message ...

in 1538638 20120920 070452 "CW" wrote:
Who will Win?

Who cares?
This was supposed to go somewhere else, not this group.
Posted to rec.woodworking

CW wrote:
Who will Win?

Doesn't matter, we lose either way.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2012 8:15 AM, dadiOH wrote:
CW wrote:
Who will Win?

Doesn't matter, we lose either way.

+1

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 09/20/2012 01:04 AM, CW wrote:
Who will Win?

The professional politicians and their hangers-on.

Tim Daneliuk
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , CW
wrote:

Who will Win?

Calgary. Durant still isn't at full strength after his hip injury, and
Calgary's hungry.

I'm a Riders' fan, but they just don't have it this year.

--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because itıs the one thing I can think of that probably doesnıt. *
Posted to rec.woodworking

CW wrote:
Who will Win?

Doesn't matter, we lose either way.

+1

Let's see, we have an anti-American communist vs a pro-American
capitalist, and we "lose either way". The contrast is fairly large even
if Romney is too liberal for you, Obummer can't be "not red" enough.

If we lose either way, what would make you think we could win?

I give that answer a -4, not a + anything, regardless of your particular
persuasion.

--
Jack
Got Change: Supply and Demand ====== Command and Control!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"CW" wrote in
m:

Who will Win?

Doesn't matter who takes the ALCS, the Nationals will win the Series in six.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:
"CW" wrote in
m:

Who will Win?

Doesn't matter who takes the ALCS, the Nationals will win the Series
in six.

Wait a minute - isn't this about the Chase?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2012 2:04 AM, CW wrote:
Who will Win?

Me.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller writes:
"CW" wrote in
om:

Who will Win?

Doesn't matter who takes the ALCS, the Nationals will win the Series in six.

They must first get past the Giants; who are going to repeat 2010 and beat
the Rangers in the series.
Posted to rec.woodworking

CW wrote:
Who will Win?
Doesn't matter, we lose either way.

+1

Let's see, we have an anti-American communist vs a pro-American
capitalist, and we "lose either way". The contrast is fairly large even
if Romney is too liberal for you, Obummer can't be "not red" enough.

If we lose either way, what would make you think we could win?

I give that answer a -4, not a + anything, regardless of your particular persuasion.

Tried to get on an airplane lately, or take photos of police in action, or
just act like you're going to dance at the Washington monument, or know for
sure whether the food you buy is non adulterated/GMO, or belong to a co-op
that sells raw goat milk to the owners without an up-close and personal
SWAT visit, or get raided because you got shipped some legal hardwood for
guitar fretboards, or wonder why all that military equipment is going to
the local police, or watched your kid at college get pepper sprayed for
sitting on a sidewalk on campus, or been waited on by some ill educated,
surly minimum wage asshole who can barely speak the language, no matter
where they came from, or got .95 cents interest on a $6000 bank balance, or
somehow think you actually own your home, until you forget to pay a
property tax, or don't know you can't even hold your elected
representatives to task for those property tax appraisals, ad ****ing
infinitum??

The reality, Bubba, is you've already lost regardless of who won the last
twenty elections ... just too ****ing stupid to realize it.

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:05:33 -0500, Swingman wrote:
[...]

Hell Karl, don't beat around the bush, tell people exactly how you
feel about your entire society in general.

With an outlook like that, pretty well the only thing you can hope for
is that you die off before it gets much worse.

The *really* sad part about it is that all of it maybe true. That's
pretty depressing.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2012 10:22 AM, Dave wrote:

With an outlook like that, pretty well the only thing you can hope for
is that you die off before it gets much worse.

The*really* sad part about it is that all of it maybe true. That's
pretty depressing.

It is what it is ... just try having been called to serve, and having to
actually fight/put your life at risk for your country, and then see how
you feel about the current state of affairs brought on by an apathetic,
purposely dumbed down population.

Those without an age based perspective, and who are ignorant to boot,
have little idea what they've lost; and thanks to a marginal, at best,
education system, have none of the historical perspective necessary to
even begin to dig their way out.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

On 9/20/2012 10:22 AM, Dave wrote:

With an outlook like that, pretty well the only thing you can hope for
is that you die off before it gets much worse.

The*really* sad part about it is that all of it maybe true. That's
pretty depressing.

It is what it is ... just try having been called to serve, and having to
actually fight/put your life at risk for your country, and then see how
you feel about the current state of affairs brought on by an apathetic,
purposely dumbed down population.

Those without an age based perspective, and who are ignorant to boot,
have little idea what they've lost; and thanks to a marginal, at best,
education system, have none of the historical perspective necessary to
even begin to dig their way out.
So the best thing to do is become a grumpy old fart that bitches "it isn't
like the old days" and just waits to die. Got ya.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2012 10:45 AM, CW wrote:
So the best thing to do is become a grumpy old fart that bitches "it
isn't like the old days" and just waits to die. Got ya.

Nope, you just think you do ...

The reality, and one thing political leaders can count on, is that those
who have lost a freedom previously granted to their forefathers, but
lost to their generation before they were born, too young to know, or
through ignorance, have little chance to ever fight successfully to
regain it.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:37:20 -0500, Swingman wrote:
It is what it is ... just try having been called to serve, and having to
actually fight/put your life at risk for your country, and then see how
you feel about the current state of affairs brought on by an apathetic,
purposely dumbed down population.

Those without an age based perspective, and who are ignorant to boot,
have little idea what they've lost; and thanks to a marginal, at best,
education system, have none of the historical perspective necessary to
even begin to dig their way out.

We're prepared to let you migrate up to Canada, but between the
winters and our system of government, I'm guessing your outlook would
deteriorate even more. But, look on the bright side. Drugs are free up
here so we will get you completely looped on anti-depressants and it
won't cost you anything.

Or, Estonia could be a solution.
http://www.stateofworldliberty.org/report/rankings.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2012 11:13 AM, Dave wrote:
[...]

It appears the point you're missing is the collective "you", not the
personal ...

I don't think you (collective) Canadian's would stand still for that ...
besides, little sense in jumping from a 2006 frying pan, into a 2012
fire.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:26:07 -0500, Swingman wrote:
It appears the point you're missing is the collective "you", not the
personal ...

No, I got the point completely. I just don't have any other choice
except to view it on a personal level. Kind of makes your point,
doesn't it?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:37:20 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 9/20/2012 10:22 AM, Dave wrote:

With an outlook like that, pretty well the only thing you can hope for
is that you die off before it gets much worse.

The*really* sad part about it is that all of it maybe true. That's
pretty depressing.

It is what it is ... just try having been called to serve, and having to
actually fight/put your life at risk for your country, and then see how
you feel about the current state of affairs brought on by an apathetic,
purposely dumbed down population.

Those without an age based perspective, and who are ignorant to boot,
have little idea what they've lost; and thanks to a marginal, at best,
education system, have none of the historical perspective necessary to
even begin to dig their way out.

Perhaps it is ironic that Oswald shot Kennedy from the Texas school
book repository, given what the Texas requirements for books have done
to our education system.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2012 11:36 AM, Dave wrote:
On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:26:07 -0500, Swingman wrote:
It appears the point you're missing is the collective "you", not the
personal ...

No, I got the point completely. I just don't have any other choice
except to view it on a personal level.

Only if you insist on having a myopic view on "freedom" ...

Kind of makes your point, doesn't it?

Not at all ... see above.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2012 11:58 AM, Markem wrote:
[...]

Can't argue with you there ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

CW wrote:
Who will Win?
Doesn't matter, we lose either way.

+1

Let's see, we have an anti-American communist vs a pro-American
capitalist, and we "lose either way". The contrast is fairly large even
if Romney is too liberal for you, Obummer can't be "not red" enough.

If we lose either way, what would make you think we could win?

I give that answer a -4, not a + anything, regardless of your particular
persuasion.

The only people that win in elections are candidates. As I have said
before, voting gives the voter pretty much the same satisfaction and
results that the red button on a squeak toy does for a one year old.
Voting is merely a formality before the next in line takes over control.

Now if only those that hold office could be held accountable and voted
out. And if you have no investment in the country you don't vote.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2012 1:04 AM, CW wrote:
Who will Win?

That will be determined on the way home. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

On 9/20/2012 10:45 AM, CW wrote:
So the best thing to do is become a grumpy old fart that bitches "it
isn't like the old days" and just waits to die. Got ya.

Nope, you just think you do ...

The reality, and one thing political leaders can count on, is that those
who have lost a freedom previously granted to their forefathers, but
lost to their generation before they were born, too young to know, or
through ignorance, have little chance to ever fight successfully to
regain it.
So, you want the next generation to listen to the grumpy old fart before he
dies.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2012 1:16 PM, CW wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message

On 9/20/2012 10:45 AM, CW wrote:
So the best thing to do is become a grumpy old fart that bitches "it
isn't like the old days" and just waits to die. Got ya.

Nope, you just think you do ...

The reality, and one thing political leaders can count on, is that those
who have lost a freedom previously granted to their forefathers, but
lost to their generation before they were born, too young to know, or
through ignorance, have little chance to ever fight successfully to
regain it.

So, you want the next generation to listen to the grumpy old fart before
he dies.

So uh I think it goes something like this, if you don't learn from those
that experienced it/study history, it is destined to repeat it self.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller writes:
(Scott Lurndal) wrote in :

Doug Miller writes:
"CW" wrote in
news:jYGdnToqvIGQL8fNnZ2dnUVZ_qudnZ2d@earthlink .com:

Who will Win?

Doesn't matter who takes the ALCS, the Nationals will win the Series in six.

They must first get past the Giants;

That won't be hard. The Nationals have won five of six from the Giants this season.

That just means that the Giants are due to win ... Timmy and Matty seem to be back
in form, and Barry Zito has been impressive this year. Giants are 8-2 over the last
10 games, and the Nationals are just 5-5; the Giants can still end up with NLCS home
field advantage if they keep it up. Go Dodgers (just tonight).

who are going to repeat 2010 and beat
the Rangers in the series.

Keep dreaming...

Dreaming would be predicting another earthquake series between the A's and the Giants.

scott
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:59:46 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 9/20/2012 10:45 AM, CW wrote:
So the best thing to do is become a grumpy old fart that bitches "it
isn't like the old days" and just waits to die. Got ya.

Nope, you just think you do ...

The reality, and one thing political leaders can count on, is that those
who have lost a freedom previously granted to their forefathers, but
lost to their generation before they were born, too young to know, or
through ignorance, have little chance to ever fight successfully to
regain it.

Until the populace finally gets fed up and rips 'em a new asshole.
Methinks that day is coming soon. Are you stocked up for the interim?
Food, water, tools, shelter, and enough ammo to defend it all for
several months?

Hopefully, our military recognizes that it's a cleansing action by We,
The People, against "enemies domestic" and they stay out of it.

--
I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people
who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2012 10:45 AM, CW wrote:
So the best thing to do is become a grumpy old fart that bitches "it
isn't like the old days" and just waits to die. Got ya.

Nope, you just think you do ...

The reality, and one thing political leaders can count on, is that
those who have lost a freedom previously granted to their
forefathers, but lost to their generation before they were born, too
young to know, or through ignorance, have little chance to ever
fight successfully to regain it.

Until the populace finally gets fed up and rips 'em a new asshole.
Methinks that day is coming soon. Are you stocked up for the interim?
Food, water, tools, shelter, and enough ammo to defend it all for
several months?

Hopefully, our military recognizes that it's a cleansing action by We,
The People, against "enemies domestic" and they stay out of it.

You are whacked! Seek help.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

CW wrote:
[...]

+10.
But I believe you under-stated the situation....
Also, minimum wage assholes have a semi-right to be surly.... LOL
But still, +10, at least.

We had a shot with JFK, RFK..... terrible pun, not intended.
But, well, they got shot....
--
EA

--
www.ewoodshop.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2012 1:16 PM, CW wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message

On 9/20/2012 10:45 AM, CW wrote:
So the best thing to do is become a grumpy old fart that bitches "it
isn't like the old days" and just waits to die. Got ya.

Nope, you just think you do ...

The reality, and one thing political leaders can count on, is that those
who have lost a freedom previously granted to their forefathers, but
lost to their generation before they were born, too young to know, or
through ignorance, have little chance to ever fight successfully to
regain it.

So, you want the next generation to listen to the grumpy old fart before
he dies.

Age is small part of it, simply because it equates with an increase in
experience and perspective ... the preponderance is all to do with
having sufficient intelligence and education to recognize, and remark
upon, what the ignorant miss for lack of both.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

On 9/20/2012 1:16 PM, CW wrote:

================================================== ==================================
So, you want the next generation to listen to the grumpy old fart before
he dies.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"CW" wrote:
================================================== ================================== So, you want the next generation to listen to the grumpy old fartbefore he dies.----------------------------------------------Especially after having just returned from a trip to bull ****mountain.Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:37:20 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 9/20/2012 10:22 AM, Dave wrote:

With an outlook like that, pretty well the only thing you can hope for
is that you die off before it gets much worse.

The*really* sad part about it is that all of it maybe true. That's
pretty depressing.

It is what it is ... just try having been called to serve, and having to
actually fight/put your life at risk for your country, and then see how
you feel about the current state of affairs brought on by an apathetic,
purposely dumbed down population.

Those without an age based perspective, and who are ignorant to boot,
have little idea what they've lost; and thanks to a marginal, at best,
education system, have none of the historical perspective necessary to
even begin to dig their way out.

The scary part is most people don't see what is happening. The whole
food thing and Monsanto is out of control. Todays politicians are
just puppets.

Mike M

Posted to rec.woodworking

(Scott Lurndal) wrote in :

Doug Miller writes:
(Scott Lurndal) wrote in :

Doug Miller writes:
"CW" wrote in
news:jYGdnToqvIGQL8fNnZ2dnUVZ_qudnZ2d@earthlin k.com:

Who will Win?

Doesn't matter who takes the ALCS, the Nationals will win the Series in six.

They must first get past the Giants;

That won't be hard. The Nationals have won five of six from the Giants this season.

That just means that the Giants are due to win ...

I believe that's what statisticians refer to as the Gambler's Fallacy.

Timmy and Matty seem to be back
in form, and Barry Zito has been impressive this year. Giants are 8-2 over the last
10 games, and the Nationals are just 5-5;

Dude, look at their opponents. Seven of the Giants' last ten games, and six of those eight
wins, have been against the second-worst team in the majors (the Colorado Rockies). The
Nationals have been playing slightly stiffer competition.

The Giants lead their division only because they play in the weakest division in baseball.
That 85-63 record would leave them in second place in either of the other divisions in the
NL.

the Giants can still end up with NLCS home
field advantage if they keep it up. Go Dodgers (just tonight).

The Giants won't even reach the NLCS this year unless at least two miracles occur. The first
they need is for St. Louis to beat Atlanta in the wild-card game -- that way, Washington's
victim -- ummm, I mean opponent -- in the NLDS would be the Cardinals instead of the
Giants. Of course, that means the Giants would need a second miracle -- beating the Reds
in the NLDS -- to make it to the NLCS.

Ain't gonna happen.

The Giants are a mediocre team leading baseball's weakest division. They look good in
September, sure, but look who their games have been against in the last four weeks or so:
the Astros (3-0), the Cubs (2-1), the Rockies (6-1), the Diamondbacks (3-3), the Dodgers (2-
1) -- only *one* team in the lot with a record over .500. Hell, a good college team could beat
the Astros, Rockies, or Cubs this year. Do the Giants have a winning record against anyone
with a winning record?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/20/2012 6:55 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"CW" wrote:
================================================== ================================== So, you want the next generation to listen to the grumpy old fartbefore he dies.----------------------------------------------Especially after having just returned from a trip to bull ****mountain.Lew

That is in California, right?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"CW" wrote:
================================================== ================================== So, you want the next generation to listen to the grumpy old fartbefore he dies.----------------------------------------------Especially after having just returned from a trip to bull ****mountain.Lew

That is in California, right?

No, that's Magic Mountain. I've actually BEEN there! Unless Lew was
talking about his home.

P.S: When's CW going to get a -usable- Usenet program, anyway?

--
I would be the most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people
who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.
-- Anna Quindlen

O/T: Opinion Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 41 March 31st 11 02:43 AM
Second opinion Steve B Metalworking 4 May 15th 06 12:38 AM
Your opinion about... Gil HASH Metalworking 2 September 2nd 05 06:55 PM
Let me get your opinion Keith R. Williams Home Ownership 6 January 18th 05 05:04 PM
TV Opinion Jerry G. Electronics Repair 42 April 12th 04 04:49 PM