Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT- Rabbits

Steve Barker writes:
On 5/7/2012 12:20 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 07 May 2012 11:48:51 -0500, Steve Barker wrote:

Simple, we don't like them destroying our ****.

Good logical reason.

AND man was given dominion over the animals.

Pure bull****.

might want to review Genesis 1:26 and 1:28

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our
likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over
the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and
over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

A self-justifying folk tale.

scott
Posted to rec.woodworking

Scott Lurndal wrote:
Steve Barker writes:
On 5/7/2012 12:20 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 07 May 2012 11:48:51 -0500, Steve Barker wrote:

Simple, we don't like them destroying our ****.

Good logical reason.

AND man was given dominion over the animals.

Pure bull****.

might want to review Genesis 1:26 and 1:28

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our
likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and
over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the
earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

A self-justifying folk tale.

scott

An assertion by one who has no further proof than the person to whom he is
responding - yet tries to sound confident enough to imply he does.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 07 May 2012 14:35:11 -0400, Mike Marlow wrote:

Ok - so you don't agree with a guy's religeous beliefs. That's fine -
it's your purogative.

Before this gets carried away (again) let me assert that all I meant was
that his first reason was sufficient unto itself, there was no need to
bring up Steve's (and apparently your) particular religious beliefs.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 7 May 2012 14:35:11 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
but your reply speaks for you. Perhaps you can show the irrefutaqble truth
to contradict Steve's position. Don't bother - you

Irrefutable proof has nothing to do with it. Steve brought religion
into an argument that had nothing to do with religion.

His use of religion is tantamount to saying, "Here's my reply, you
can't refute it, you're wrong and I'm right, so screw you."

It's arrogant, it's condescending and it has absolutely no place in
any type of logical or scientific discussion. Yet he said it anyway.

"THAT'S" why I abhor people who flaunt their religion. It's a way of
saying to everybody that disagrees with them, that they're inferior in
some way.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 7 May 2012 14:35:11 -0400, "Mike Marlow" That
sir, only makes you look like a pure asshole. I don't think you are one,

Then you better call me one too.

but your reply speaks for you. Perhaps you can show the irrefutaqble truth
to contradict Steve's position. Don't bother - you can't.

That's the point. No one can. That's why Steve used religion in his
reply. It doesn't allow for logical or scientific response in any way,
shape or form. His use of religion was a completely out of place
reply.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:
On Mon, 7 May 2012 14:35:11 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
but your reply speaks for you. Perhaps you can show the
irrefutaqble truth to contradict Steve's position. Don't bother -
you

Irrefutable proof has nothing to do with it. Steve brought religion
into an argument that had nothing to do with religion.

His use of religion is tantamount to saying, "Here's my reply, you
can't refute it, you're wrong and I'm right, so screw you."

Well - I don't see his response that way. I see it more as a simple
statement of his belief, though as I have already agreed within this thread,
I don't believe that statement is worth the trouble it brings along with it.
But - that's just how I saw it.

It's arrogant, it's condescending and it has absolutely no place in
any type of logical or scientific discussion. Yet he said it anyway.

I can't bring myself to go that far. I would not say the conversation was
overwhelmingly logical or scientific. Even if it were, religeous beliefs
are not mutually exclusive with those two platforms.

"THAT'S" why I abhor people who flaunt their religion. It's a way of
saying to everybody that disagrees with them, that they're inferior in
some way.

I tend to see those who put down the religeous beliefs of others, that same
way.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:
On Mon, 7 May 2012 14:35:11 -0400, "Mike Marlow" That
sir, only makes you look like a pure asshole. I don't think you are
one,

Then you better call me one too.

Of course Dave - you can read that I did NOT call anyone an asshole. Not
the other poster, and not you.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 7 May 2012 20:48:07 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
I tend to see those who put down the religeous beliefs of others, that same
way.

I put down the religious beliefs of others *WHEN* they use those
beliefs as the 'irrefutable' answer to some discussion or question.
It's a form of cheating as far as I'm concerned when it comes to
informed discussion.

Steve can't prove any of his beliefs. He can't offer up any sort of
validation to his beliefs and he can't give one shred of scientific
proof about his beliefs, yet he uses them as fact that can't be
disputed.

And, because they are what they are, no one else offer rebuttal. In
other words, they are unacceptable in any discussion, in any topic,
except religion.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve Barker" wrote in message

man was given
dominion over the animals.
================================================== ================================================
Horse ****. It's mans arrogants that makes them think they are the greatest
thing to ever come along.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve Barker" wrote in message

On 5/7/2012 12:20 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 07 May 2012 11:48:51 -0500, Steve Barker wrote:

Simple, we don't like them destroying our ****.

Good logical reason.

AND man was given dominion over the animals.

Pure bull****.

might want to review Genesis 1:26 and 1:28

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our
likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over
the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and
over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
================================================== ===============================
Now that you have quoted the book of fairy tales, give use a logical reason
other than man's arrogents.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob Martin wrote:
in 1527308 20120506 154558 Gordon Shumway
wrote:
On Sun, 6 May 2012 09:17:07 -0500, "sal" wrote:

Have any of you W/W found a sure method of keeping rabbits out of
your yard? I would like to trap or kill them but ,my neighbors
would be up in arms.

Sal

A good pellet gun works for me. Do you really care what your
neighbors think?

The American way : if it moves shoot it.
Can't you Yanks learn to live with wildlife?

Said the city dweller who's never felt the thrill of his fingers around a
small, furry, neck.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 05/06/2012 09:45 AM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Sun, 6 May 2012 09:17:07 -0500, wrote:

Have any of you W/W found a sure method of keeping rabbits out of your
yard? I would like to trap or kill them but ,my neighbors would be up in
arms.

Sal

A good pellet gun works for me. Do you really care what your
neighbors think?

Shooting your neighbors with a pellet gun is very poor
form and almost certainly illegal...

Tim Daneliuk
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 08 May 2012 09:03:40 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:

Horse ****. It's mans arrogants that makes them think they are the
greatest thing to ever come along.

We're apex predators talking about food you know.

Chuckle - we do like to forget that, don't we :-).

Posted to rec.woodworking

"CW" wrote in
m:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
in.local...
We're apex predators talking about food you know.
================================================== ===========================

=====================
That's bull**** and you know it. Now back into the kill file with you.

No, he's exactly right: in the natural environment of our species (i.e., on land) we *are* apex
predators. Not in the sea, of course, but that's not our natural environment, either.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 07 May 2012 12:59:07 -0500, Steve Barker
wrote:

On 5/7/2012 12:20 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 07 May 2012 11:48:51 -0500, Steve Barker wrote:

Simple, we don't like them destroying our ****.

Good logical reason.

AND man was given dominion over the animals.

Pure bull****.

might want to review Genesis 1:26 and 1:28

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our
likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over
the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and
over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Do not following mythology the has been through the telephone game
through few thousands of years.

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 5/7/2012 12:20 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 07 May 2012 11:48:51 -0500, Steve Barker wrote:

Simple, we don't like them destroying our ****.

Good logical reason.

AND man was given dominion over the animals.

Pure bull****.

might want to review Genesis 1:26 and 1:28

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our
likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over
the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and
over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Do not following mythology the has been through the telephone game
through few thousands of years.

Mark

Can't believe I'm even getting into this, but here goes.... :-)

When the dead sea scrolls were discovered, there were those who thought
they would finally prove this "telephone game" theory by seeing how
modern texts compared to these ancient ones. However, they were nearly
identical. They only differences were equivalent to differences in
spelling over time and punctuation.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 5/7/2012 12:20 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 07 May 2012 11:48:51 -0500, Steve Barker wrote:

Simple, we don't like them destroying our ****.

Good logical reason.

AND man was given dominion over the animals.

Pure bull****.

might want to review Genesis 1:26 and 1:28

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our
likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and
over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the
earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Do not following mythology the has been through the telephone game
through few thousands of years.

I'll bet you really meant to say something else didn't you Mark?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/9/2012 12:45 PM, Markem wrote:

Do not following mythology the has been through the telephone game
through few thousands of years.

Mark

Is this English?

--