Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need help with rabbits!

We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know we had
all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole neighborhood. They
are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern
California)

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Walter R. wrote:
We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know we had
all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole neighborhood. They
are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern
California)

Legally?

Covering them until they're large enough to fend probably only practical
option...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Walter R. wrote:
We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know we had
all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole neighborhood. They
are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern
California)

Ruger .22 ong rifle semi automatic.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Clean and skin rabbits. Quarter and place in slow cooker. Cover with
2 cups tomato sauce, chopped up onion, dash of balsamic vinegar and
worcestire sauce. Add some potatoes and carrots. Cook on low heat for
8 hours. Enjoy.

On Sep 16, 11:15 am, "Walter R." wrote:
We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know we had
all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole neighborhood. They
are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern
California)

--
Walterwww.rationality.net
-

Posted to alt.home.repair

You catch them skin them clean them
and have nice neighborhood barbeque
don't you think would that be nice
and neighborly.

"Walter R." wrote in message
.. .
We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know we had
all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole neighborhood.
They are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern
California)

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
-

Posted to alt.home.repair

Walter R. wrote:
We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know we had
all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole neighborhood. They
are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern
California)

Elmer Fudd will get doze wascally wabbits for you.

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Walter R. wrote:

We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know we had
all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole neighborhood. They
are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern
California)

Hi,
We have that trouble year round living near wilderness park.
We use chicken wire cage to cover any plants they like to eat.
Deer even crashed our picket fence to eat our apple.
Posted to alt.home.repair

jJim McLaughlin wrote:

Walter R. wrote:

We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know we
had all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole
neighborhood. They are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern
California)

Ruger .22 ong rifle semi automatic.

Hmmm,
Hope this is a joke.
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 9/16/2007 12:03 PM jJim McLaughlin said the following:
Walter R. wrote:
We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know we
had all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole
neighborhood. They are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern
California)

Ruger .22 ong rifle semi automatic.

Bushmaster M242, 25 mm chain gun..

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 16, 3:45?pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 09:03:45 -0700, jJim McLaughlin wrote:
Walter R. wrote:
We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know we had
all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole neighborhood. They
are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern
California)

Ruger .22 ong rifle semi automatic.

If the OP lives in the city that would likely be illegal as in mine. I've
overcome this situation with a 5mm Sheriden 10 pump air rifle that will
pierce a 55 gal drum. Perfect for small rodents and is very accurate and
legal.

theres dried blood, you put it around the odor scares rabbits, also
some chemicals that do the same thing.

ideally plant stuff that rabbits dont like

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Walter R." wrote in message
.. .
We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know we had
all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole neighborhood.
They are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern
California)

Borrow a dog, and one of those igloo doghouses, for a few weeks, till the
plants get established. Try to borrow one that is used to living outside on
a tether, and won't whine all night. (Of course, feed it and play with it
and such during the hours the rabbits aren't around. Even working dogs need
social contact.)

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Walter R." wrote in message
.. .
We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know we had
all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole neighborhood.
They are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern
California)

Horrify the neighbors!

Buy some chicken wire and make some domes that are 6" bigger than the
plants. While this one will upset the neighbors it will keep you out of all
kinds of trouble that might arise from some of the other methods suggested.

Note running an extension cord to the wire cages will get you right back in
trouble again. -

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes it is a joke,,, USE A BARRET .50 BMG

SD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Walter R. wrote:
We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know we
had all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole
neighborhood. They are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern
California)

California, eh?

First you will need a permit from the State Department of Rabbit
Abatement...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Me" wrote in message
Meat Plow wrote in
:

Walter R. wrote:
We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know
we had all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole
neighborhood. They are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern
California)

Ruger .22 ong rifle semi automatic.

If the OP lives in the city that would likely be illegal as in mine.
I've overcome this situation with a 5mm Sheriden 10 pump air rifle
that will pierce a 55 gal drum. Perfect for small rodents and is very
accurate and legal.

Report back with the results after you use the rifle on yourself.

Get a cat or two from the local humane society

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

oups.com...
Walter R. wrote:
We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't
know we had
all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole
neighborhood. They
are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants?
(Southern
California)

Ruger .22 ong rifle semi automatic.

If the OP lives in the city that would likely be illegal as in
mine. I've
overcome this situation with a 5mm Sheriden 10 pump air rifle
that will
pierce a 55 gal drum. Perfect for small rodents and is very
accurate and
legal.

theres dried blood, you put it around the odor scares rabbits,
also
some chemicals that do the same thing.

Excuse me - where does one get a supply of dried blood?
Bob-tx

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 9/17/2007 6:54 AM Bob said the following:
oups.com...

Walter R. wrote:

[...]

Crime scenes?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 08:15:08 -0700, Walter R. wrote:

We planted a long bank with nice new Rosea iceplant. I didn't know we had
all these rabbits. Maybe they congregated from the whole neighborhood. They
are eating our new iceplant plugs!

How can I stop the rabbits from devouring our new plants? (Southern
California)

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
-

How good is your math?

It is mathematically impossible to have just one rabbit.

Air rifle pellets strategically placed between a bunny's ears is very
effective in discouraging further predation. Sling shots are quiet and
very lethal. Blow guns are fun.

The rabbit problem goes back to the flood when Noah took two of every
creature on board. Unfortunately, he had enough room for rabbits.

How to get rid of rabbits? mike Home Repair 0 July 6th 05 03:58 AM
Q: How to get rid of rabbits? [email protected] Home Repair 23 July 5th 05 11:44 PM
Technical report on rabbits ears Eric Electronics Repair 18 September 12th 04 12:15 AM
Rabbits Kevin Rayner UK diy 8 July 10th 04 12:11 AM
Scaring rabbits Grunff UK diy 53 August 6th 03 12:10 AM