Default Q: How to get rid of rabbits?

I just found a small rabbit hole with about 5 bunnies around. I am
selling the house soon and I don't want them around. They are right in
the center of a bed of tulips.

My only idea is relocation... Drop a bucket over them and relocate them
off in a forest perserve

Suggestions?
(can use previous suggestions of electrocution and cat/dog)

C_kubie

Charles Spitzer

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just found a small rabbit hole with about 5 bunnies around. I am
selling the house soon and I don't want them around. They are right in
the center of a bed of tulips.

My only idea is relocation... Drop a bucket over them and relocate them
off in a forest perserve

Suggestions?
(can use previous suggestions of electrocution and cat/dog)

C_kubie

i have a pair of harris hawks that live in the trees by my house that do the
job for me

Dan C

On Wed, 18 May 2005 09:04:15 -0700, c_kubie wrote:

My only idea is relocation... Drop a bucket over them and relocate them
off in a forest perserve

Suggestions?

Use a head of lettuce, and a 12-gauge. Then relocate them to the dumpster.

Linux Registered User #327951

The shotgun may work.

I can duct tape the lettuce to the end of the barrel and sit behind a
cactus waiting like Wile E. Coyote holding a string that is tied to the
trigger.

Usually anything involving produce and shotguns don't mix. That's why
I avoid vegetables.

C_kubie

Hire Elmor Fudd, he'll get those wascally wabbits.

JimL

On Wed, 18 May 2005 09:10:43 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
I just found a small rabbit hole with about 5 bunnies around. I am
selling the house soon and I don't want them around. They are right in
the center of a bed of tulips.

My only idea is relocation... Drop a bucket over them and relocate them
off in a forest perserve

Suggestions?
(can use previous suggestions of electrocution and cat/dog)

C_kubie

i have a pair of harris hawks that live in the trees by my house that do the
job for me

Fire ants.

In the old days, I could hardly drive a mile without seeing a
living or dead (road kill) rabbit - both jacks and cotton tails.

Since the fire ants invaded, I've driven for thousands of miles in
the rural southwest without seeing a single live or dead rabbit.

Same goes for terrapins. Used to be that you couldn't raise a
garden because the terrapins would eat everything and the hiways were
littered with their shells. But it has now been over 15 years since
I've spotted a single shell. I'm sure that many varities are now
extinction or near extinction.

So shake a bottle of live fireants near the hole and the rabbits will
disappear.

Where are you buying fire ants?

Stormin Mormon

Moving rabits is like moving squirrels. More come back in.

Same with killing em off. My Dad had a friend, one time, who got tired of
the squirrel in his bird feed. Shot the squirrel. And then shot the one who
moved in, and the one after that. He gave up after the 300th squirrel.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just found a small rabbit hole with about 5 bunnies around. I am
selling the house soon and I don't want them around. They are right in
the center of a bed of tulips.

My only idea is relocation... Drop a bucket over them and relocate them
off in a forest perserve

Suggestions?
(can use previous suggestions of electrocution and cat/dog)

C_kubie

Nathan Otis

In a month we'll see a post from C_kubie asking "How to get rid of Fire
Ants"
n.

jay

What is wrong with rabbits....are they causing any significant damage? I'm
not expert, but what about just learning to live with them and maybe plant
some bushes that the rabbits won't chomp away at?

Some potential home buyers might even see the presence of rabbits as a plus.
They are likeable creatures and not rodents.

J.

jay

Hey!....How about placing an upside-down hat outside the hole, with some
carrots in it, and when the rabbits hop into the hat to eat the carrots, say
abracadabra and then snap your fingers!

Sorry, I know this wasn't the sort of answer you were looking for.

J.

Frank J Warner

In article .com,
wrote:

I just found a small rabbit hole with about 5 bunnies around. I am
selling the house soon and I don't want them around. They are right in
the center of a bed of tulips.

My only idea is relocation... Drop a bucket over them and relocate them
off in a forest perserve

Suggestions?
(can use previous suggestions of electrocution and cat/dog)

At the risk of upsetting certain people, rabbits are pretty tasty. A
pellet gun or a wrist rocket, a sharp knife (see below) and a roasting
pan is all you need.

-Frank

--
fwarner1-at-franksknives-dot-com
Here's some of my work:
Dan C

On Thu, 19 May 2005 14:03:11 -0700, Frank J Warner wrote:

At the risk of upsetting certain people, rabbits are pretty tasty. A
pellet gun or a wrist rocket, a sharp knife (see below) and a roasting
pan is all you need.

Some olive oil and herbs are nice additions, too.

Linux Registered User #327951

jay

At the risk of upsetting certain people, rabbits are pretty tasty. A
pellet gun or a wrist rocket, a sharp knife (see below) and a roasting
pan is all you need.

But it's DUCK SEASON!

Oscar_Lives

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just found a small rabbit hole with about 5 bunnies around. I am
selling the house soon and I don't want them around. They are right in
the center of a bed of tulips.

My only idea is relocation... Drop a bucket over them and relocate them
off in a forest perserve

Suggestions?
(can use previous suggestions of electrocution and cat/dog)

C_kubie

Catch them in a large towel and beat them with a hammer.

Oscar_Lives

"Kathy" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just found a small rabbit hole with about 5

bunnies around. I am
selling the house soon and I don't want them

around. They are right in
the center of a bed of tulips.

My only idea is relocation... Drop a bucket over

them and relocate them
off in a forest perserve

Suggestions?

mothballs

How do you get their little legs spread apart?

Dan C

On Sat, 21 May 2005 04:15:14 +0000, Oscar_Lives wrote:

Suggestions?

Catch them in a large towel and beat them with a hammer.

LOL! Which would be better, a ballpeen hammer or a claw hammer?

Linux Registered User #327951

Duane Bozarth

Oscar_Lives wrote:

Catch them in a large towel and beat them with a hammer.

Oooh, that reminds me of jackrabbit drives back in the 50s...

ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy

OK, i'll bite. What the hell was a jackrabbit drive in the 50's?
Solution to problem is sell the house to elmer fudd.

--

Remove the obvious to reply. Experienced and reliable
Concrete Finishing and Synthetic Stucco application in the GTA.
"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Oscar_Lives wrote:

Catch them in a large towel and beat them with a hammer.

Oooh, that reminds me of jackrabbit drives back in the 50s...

PipeDown

Hair clippings, your own or especially some combed off your dog or cat. Put
it on the ground near the plants you want to preserve and they will leave it
alone. I learned this from a garden show on PBS or HGTV so I can't directly
speak to its effectiveness but it sounds pretty low impact if it does work.

Leave the lawn untreated, the rabbits will keep it self mowing. I doubt
your hairy enough to cover the yard but if you had a dog like mine,
obtaining hair is not a problem.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. If so, make an
opening and they will move out in a couple weeks.

Around my house, the cat takes care of the problem whether I like it or not.
If the rabbit is big enough, the cat might just make friends instead.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just found a small rabbit hole with about 5 bunnies around. I am
selling the house soon and I don't want them around. They are right in
the center of a bed of tulips.

My only idea is relocation... Drop a bucket over them and relocate them
off in a forest perserve

Suggestions?
(can use previous suggestions of electrocution and cat/dog)

C_kubie

PipeDown

"Dan C" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 21 May 2005 04:15:14 +0000, Oscar_Lives wrote:

Suggestions?

Catch them in a large towel and beat them with a hammer.

LOL! Which would be better, a ballpeen hammer or a claw hammer?

Linux Registered User #327951

A Jack(rabbit) Hammer, what else.

Technical report on rabbits ears Eric Electronics Repair 18 September 12th 04 12:15 AM
OT ? Effectiveness of a pellet gun for pest control - squirrels and pigeons. Stephen Metalworking 34 August 23rd 04 05:45 PM
Rabbits Kevin Rayner UK diy 8 July 10th 04 12:11 AM
Glue vs. No Glue Nehmo Sergheyev Woodworking 11 September 28th 03 12:59 AM
Scaring rabbits Grunff UK diy 53 August 6th 03 12:10 AM