ross

Default free plans for toys?

I'm looking for a free plan for a toy train or a car for my dad to make for
my two year old. My dad is a retired carpenter and asked for some sort of
plan so we all know what we are getting - Does anyone know of a plan that
would suit a two year old - ie big wheels, nothing fiddly etc.

cheers, Ross

Dave Hinz

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:39:07 +0000 (UTC), ross wrote:
I'm looking for a free plan for a toy train or a car for my dad to make for
my two year old. My dad is a retired carpenter and asked for some sort of
plan so we all know what we are getting - Does anyone know of a plan that
would suit a two year old - ie big wheels, nothing fiddly etc.

If you were in the USA, I'd suggest Rockler's, as they have parts such
as the wheels, axles, and so on in their stores. Perhaps there is a
arts & crafts store in your area which might have what you're looking for?
Usually, if they have the parts, they'll have suggestions on how to use
them as well, is what I'm thinking.

Dave Hinz

J T

free plans for toys?

Group: rec.woodworking Date: Wed, Jul 28, 2004, 9:48pm (EDT+4)
(Dave=A0Hinz) says:
If you were in the USA, I'd suggest Rockler's, snip

Ah, but he did say free. Regardless, there's always google, If he
uses "free toy plans", aith the ", he'll get 93 hits, with the first
one:
http://www.allwoodwork.com/freeplans/freetoyplans.htm

And, if he tries it without the ", he'll get 1,740,000 hits.

Where is he then?

JOAT
Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe.
- Bazooka Joe
JERUSALEM RIDGE http://www.banjer.com/midi/jerridge.mid

Charlie Self

Mark Hopkins responds:

Try these guys. I have gotten good fast service from past orders.
http://www.meiselwoodhobby.com

Paul Meisel is a nice guy and a former woodworking teacher, which tends to give
his offerings a different flavor. The company has been around for a while and
responds quickly.

Charlie Self
"Did you know that the White House drug test is multiple choice?" Rush Limbaugh

Richard Boggs

"ross" wrote in
:

I'm looking for a free plan for a toy train or a car for my dad to
make for my two year old. My dad is a retired carpenter and asked for
some sort of plan so we all know what we are getting - Does anyone
know of a plan that would suit a two year old - ie big wheels, nothing
fiddly etc.

cheers, Ross

Don't know how much it's for small kids (although I made it for a friend's
newborn for future use), but I've got some plans for a 4-car train I made
up on http://www.pca-irving.com/rb. They're not long on instruction, but
now that I've made the train (I can post pics too, if desired), I can give
some help on the details. Figured it'd be worth a look...

-Richard
Mark Hopkins

You have a silver tongue Charlie!

Mark Hopkins responds:

No free plans?? striker Woodworking 8 February 29th 04 03:56 PM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Any plans available for free download for small shed? PDF? Rob B Woodworking 3 October 1st 03 05:58 PM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM
Free plans for Mailbox Glen Woodworking 3 August 17th 03 04:31 PM