striker

Default No free plans??

I'm searching the I-net looking for some free WW plans to
add to what's in my newby book. I'm just interested in
doing a lot of reading before/while I get started and hoping
to get some more exposure.

Just when you do a search for free plans every site redirects
you to another where the plans are "pay" plans.

Does anyone know of any free sites?

Thanks

Strike

P.S. sorry for being so green

BUB 209

I have a few on my website at
http://www.edswoods.com/free.html

Rick Gibson

http://the3house.com/plans/menus/free_top_nav1.htm

--
webservant

Web design for churches http://www.gibs-web.ca
Wycliffe Bible Translators Caribbean http://www.wycliffecaribbean.org
Journaling / mental health http://www.pipcom.com/~jpeacock/
Bothwell Baptist Church http://www.forministry.com/CAONBCOOQBBC1

"striker" wrote in message
I'm searching the I-net looking for some free WW plans to
add to what's in my newby book. I'm just interested in
doing a lot of reading before/while I get started and hoping
to get some more exposure.

Just when you do a search for free plans every site redirects
you to another where the plans are "pay" plans.

Does anyone know of any free sites?

Thanks

Strike

P.S. sorry for being so green

Steve Kreitler

"striker" wrote in message
I'm searching the I-net looking for some free WW plans to
add to what's in my newby book. I'm just interested in
doing a lot of reading before/while I get started and hoping
to get some more exposure.

Just when you do a search for free plans every site redirects
you to another where the plans are "pay" plans.

Everybody starts out green. These days there are no apprentices, so you
have to learn from books and magazines. My advice would be to go to your
local library, or that of the nearest good-sized town, and find the
woodworking books there. You can also sometimes find back-issues of lots of
good woodworking mags in the periodical section. My library has lots of good
stuff.

As to why there aren't a lot of free plans on the 'net- it's not hard to
understand. A lot of time and effort goes into getting a plan ready, not to
mention the creative factor, and few people will want to do this for free. I
have designed a lot of things over the years, and I'm planning to get all of
my sketches together and make real plans out of them- then open an Ebay
store to sell them for a nominal price. Why am I doing this? Because I
can't stop having ideas, and I have a responibility to do everything I can
to supprt my family!

Think about this, though (a thought that occured to me the other day)- the
fact that people can sell their ideas has led to more knowledge being
available to all of us. How so? Well, in the old "guild" days of crafting,
if someone had a new idea for an item or technique, he kept to himself. By
doing so, he would get all the benefit of it, at least until his competitors
learned to copy it. Now, by having the option of selling the idea in the
form of a book or plan, it is of more benefit to the inventor to sell the
idea itself!

Steve Kreitler
www.postalbanks.com

Frank Campbell

In article , striker
wrote:

I'm searching the I-net looking for some free WW plans to
add to what's in my newby book. I'm just interested in
doing a lot of reading before/while I get started and hoping
to get some more exposure.

Just when you do a search for free plans every site redirects
you to another where the plans are "pay" plans.

Does anyone know of any free sites?

Thanks

Strike

P.S. sorry for being so green

http://absolutelyfreeplans.com
J T

Thu, Feb 26, 2004, 6:44pm (striker)
asks:
snip Does anyone know of any free sites?

Free woodworking plans are a popular urban myth.

Actually, there are a number of free plans out there, however, most
of them are only for very advance woodworkers, such as this plan. Most
of the people here probably would have trouble doing it.
http://www.geocities.com/twilagail/p...eturkey10.html

JOAT
Georges Clemenceau supposedly said, "War is too important a matter to be
left to the military". If this is so, it is then obvious that peace is
too precious to be left to politicians.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 28 Feb 2004.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...ESILIKEVOCALS/

Steve Kreitler

(Steve Kreitler) claims:
snip As to why there aren't a lot of free plans on the 'net- it's not
hard to understand. snip

What I can't understand is people saying there aren't a lot of free
plans on the web. There's loads of 'em. And easy to find. You might
have problem find exactly what you want, but plans are definitely out
there. I've posted a few here, when I run across them.

I stand corrected Actually, I have to correct you, here- you haven't
posted
"a few", you've posted a *lot* of plans! I for one appreciate your efforts,
and
I've checked out a bunch of the links you've posted- often very
inspirational!

Steve
www.postalbanks.com

*** Rec.Woodworking Mini-FAQ *** 140, Certified BSC Free! David F. Eisan Woodworking 0 November 30th 03 03:58 PM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Any plans available for free download for small shed? PDF? Rob B Woodworking 3 October 1st 03 05:58 PM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM
Free plans for Mailbox Glen Woodworking 3 August 17th 03 04:31 PM