Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Exotic Would Like to Have Toy

http://youtu.be/fEj0p82Ekjs

I don't have one, would probably never buy one this exotic. But,
considering all it's capabilities, it certainly falls into the "would
like to have just for the hell of it" category.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:
http://youtu.be/fEj0p82Ekjs

I don't have one, would probably never buy one this exotic. But,
considering all it's capabilities, it certainly falls into the "would
like to have just for the hell of it" category.

Jeeze! I read your subject as "Exotic [dancer] would like to have [sex]
toy".

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 05:54:21 -0600, "HeyBub"
Jeeze! I read your subject as "Exotic [dancer] would like to have [sex]
toy".

Feeling a little deprived lately are you?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 00:52:00 -0500, Dave wrote:

http://youtu.be/fEj0p82Ekjs

I don't have one, would probably never buy one this exotic. But,
considering all it's capabilities, it certainly falls into the "would
like to have just for the hell of it" category.

For those that can use the capabilities, it is $500 well spent. For
the most of us, nifty toy. I wonder what the learning curve is to
learn all the features.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 08:15:09 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For those that can use the capabilities, it is $500 well spent. For
the most of us, nifty toy. I wonder what the learning curve is to
learn all the features.

Basic geometry, trig and algebra. Obviously, a competent knowledge of
what these mathematics do and which one is needed for the next step to
calculate a problem is needed. A grade 12 mathematics refresher course
would be needed, unless they learn this stuff earlier these days.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 00:13:29 -0600, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

On 2/11/2012 11:52 PM, Dave wrote:
http://youtu.be/fEj0p82Ekjs

I don't have one, would probably never buy one this exotic. But,
considering all it's capabilities, it certainly falls into the "would
like to have just for the hell of it" category.

That is nice - some trades that would be a hot tool to have.

I could use one of those, but I fear the price. Oh, "only" $500!

--
To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves...
We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave" wrote in message
http://youtu.be/fEj0p82Ekjs

I don't have one, would probably never buy one this exotic. But,
considering all it's capabilities, it certainly falls into the "would
like to have just for the hell of it" category.

Cool, but for me this would probably fall into the "last dumb ass purchase
category" for lack of use... ;~)

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 09:38:40 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"
Cool, but for me this would probably fall into the "last dumb ass purchase
category" for lack of use... ;~)

No problem. Just wait a few years and its capabilities will be
integrated into a $9.95 watch with voice control. Electronics is the
one thing that gets cheaper every day.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 12, 12:52*am, Dave wrote:
http://youtu.be/fEj0p82Ekjs

I don't have one, would probably never buy one this exotic. But,
considering all it's capabilities, it certainly falls into the "would
like to have just for the hell of it" category.

I have a Bosch version. Not as many features but the ones I need are
there. Very accurate a under $100.00.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 2/11/2012 11:52 PM, Dave wrote:
http://youtu.be/fEj0p82Ekjs

I don't have one, would probably never buy one this exotic. But,
considering all it's capabilities, it certainly falls into the "would
like to have just for the hell of it" category.

That is nice - some trades that would be a hot tool to have.

I could use one of those, but I fear the price. Oh, "only" $500!

Just think how many lives will be saved if you don't have to climb
around measuring things with tape... Cheap at half the price I say...
Perhaps we can get the government to mandate every man woman and child
buy one, before the rest of us get stuck paying for [their] broken legs,
heads full of mush, and other easily preventable events.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/12/2012 10:09 AM, Robatoy wrote:
On Feb 12, 12:52 am, wrote:
http://youtu.be/fEj0p82Ekjs

I don't have one, would probably never buy one this exotic. But,
considering all it's capabilities, it certainly falls into the "would
like to have just for the hell of it" category.

I have a Bosch version. Not as many features but the ones I need are
there. Very accurate a under $100.00.

My usual flooring sub has had a Leica for a while. Showed it to me about
a year ago ... said he paid just North of $300 for it.

Just last week he gave me a bid on sanding and refinishing four rooms of
hardwood flooring in a house for a remodel bid ... he was in the house
less than five minutes, and his bid was in my email within an hour.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 12, 12:52 am, *wrote:
http://youtu.be/fEj0p82Ekjs

I don't have one, would probably never buy one this exotic. But,
considering all it's capabilities, it certainly falls into the "would
like to have just for the hell of it" category.

I have a Bosch version. Not as many features but the ones I need are
there. Very accurate a under $100.00.

My usual flooring sub has had a Leica for a while. Showed it to me about
a year ago ... said he paid just North of $300 for it.

Just last week he gave me a bid on sanding and refinishing four rooms of
hardwood flooring in a house for a remodel bid ... he was in the house
less than five minutes, and his bid was in my email within an hour.

--www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)http://gplus.to/eWoodShop

He obviously has all his ducks in a row. That's how a pro needs to
roll these days.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 11:21:32 -0500, Jack wrote:
Perhaps we can get the government to mandate every man woman and child
buy one, before the rest of us get stuck paying for [their] broken legs,
heads full of mush, and other easily preventable events.

So this is what it's come down to eh? Your daily life revolves around
complaining about SawStop.

Get a life. Wait!! My apologies, you have a life. It's called Jack and
the SawStop. Book to appear soon. Perhaps Jack can get the US
government to mandate it as required reading for school children
nation wide.

Posted to rec.woodworking

A smartphone app could do most of the functions using a regular laser range
finder. It could even use the phones angle finder for the more advanced
geometric functions requiring an angle.

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 08:15:09 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
For those that can use the capabilities, it is $500 well spent. For
the most of us, nifty toy. I wonder what the learning curve is to
learn all the features.

Basic geometry, trig and algebra. Obviously, a competent knowledge of
what these mathematics do and which one is needed for the next step to
calculate a problem is needed. A grade 12 mathematics refresher course
would be needed, unless they learn this stuff earlier these days.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 12:32:57 -0500, "Cliff Hartle"
A smartphone app could do most of the functions using a regular laser range
finder. It could even use the phones angle finder for the more advanced
geometric functions requiring an angle.

How accurate are regular laser range finders? IIRC, this one would
accurately record a distance of 200 meters to +/- a millimeter. The
regular laser range finders couldn't do that the last time I looked at
one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 12, 10:09*am, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 09:38:40 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"

Cool, but for me this would probably fall into the "last dumb ass purchase
category" for lack of use... ;~)

No problem. Just wait a few years and its capabilities will be
integrated into a $9.95 watch with voice control. Electronics is the
one thing that gets cheaper every day.

I installed a bar top for a client a cpl of years back and he was
watching something on his Panasonic plasma from a looong time ago. He
paid $ 9,000 for a 720p. I'm guessing it was a 50" or thereabouts.
NINE frickin' G's...
Posted to rec.woodworking

How accurate are regular laser range finders? IIRC, this one would
accurately record a distance of 200 meters to +/- a millimeter. The
regular laser range finders couldn't do that the last time I looked at
one.

Yea haven't ever looked at them since I have no need to do estimating.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/12/2012 12:29 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 11:21:32 -0500, wrote:
Perhaps we can get the government to mandate every man woman and child
buy one, before the rest of us get stuck paying for [their] broken legs,
heads full of mush, and other easily preventable events.

So this is what it's come down to eh? Your daily life revolves around
complaining about SawStop.

No, it revolves around tools I'd love to have but don't need....

Oh, wait, that's your thang!
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 2/11/2012 11:52 PM, Dave wrote:
http://youtu.be/fEj0p82Ekjs

I don't have one, would probably never buy one this exotic. But,
considering all it's capabilities, it certainly falls into the "would
like to have just for the hell of it" category.

That is nice - some trades that would be a hot tool to have.

I could use one of those, but I fear the price. Oh, "only" $500!

Just think how many lives will be saved if you don't have to climb
around measuring things with tape... Cheap at half the price I say...
Perhaps we can get the government to mandate every man woman and child
buy one, before the rest of us get stuck paying for [their] broken legs,
heads full of mush, and other easily preventable events.

they could call it TAPE $TOP.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Cliff Hartle" wrote in message ...

Basic geometry, trig and algebra. Obviously, a competent knowledge of
what these mathematics do and which one is needed for the next step to
calculate a problem is needed. A grade 12 mathematics refresher course
would be needed, unless they learn this stuff earlier these days.

8th or 9th grade
And they forget it by time they graduate. Always have to be retrained on the
job. Even if they remember, they have to be shown how to use it for
something practical. It is taught in school as nothing more than mental
gymnastics.

Posted to rec.woodworking

And they forget it by time they graduate. Always have to be retrained on
the job. Even if they remember, they have to be shown how to use it for
something practical. It is taught in school as nothing more than mental
gymnastics.

My sons' had to remember it. You have to for studying engineering in
college. They pasted my a few years ago.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 2/11/2012 11:52 PM, Dave wrote:
http://youtu.be/fEj0p82Ekjs

I don't have one, would probably never buy one this exotic. But,
considering all it's capabilities, it certainly falls into the "would
like to have just for the hell of it" category.

That is nice - some trades that would be a hot tool to have.

I could use one of those, but I fear the price. Oh, "only" $500!

Just think how many lives will be saved if you don't have to climb
around measuring things with tape... Cheap at half the price I say...
Perhaps we can get the government to mandate every man woman and child
buy one, before the rest of us get stuck paying for [their] broken legs,
heads full of mush, and other easily preventable events.

they could call it TAPE $TOP.

Yeah, and charge $137.99 for the $3 tape, including license fee, just
like the other guys!

--
To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves...
We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is
here--with its gift of energy and heightened awareness--so we can do our
best and learn the most in the new situation.
Peter McWilliams, Life 101

exotic hardwood floors John Woodworking 4 October 5th 09 11:57 PM
Exotic Burls Suppliers Ted Woodturning 4 August 29th 08 04:57 AM
exotic gloat bob Woodworking 7 February 20th 06 06:09 PM
Exotic Wood for Sale [email protected] Woodworking 0 September 29th 05 09:23 PM
exotic woods adam Woodworking 7 October 6th 03 05:42 AM