Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ted Ted is offline

Default Exotic Burls Suppliers

Do any of you know of any reliable and reasonably priced suppliers for
exotic burl caps? I have seen Dale the Burl Guy and a couple of
others online but I don't know who is reasonable and/or reliable. I
have purchased a few maple burl's from Woodcraft in the past but I am
looking for caps from Australia, South America, Africa and the like.
Any information will be helpful.

Thanks,
Ted
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Ted" wrote in message
Do any of you know of any reliable and reasonably priced suppliers for
exotic burl caps? I have seen Dale the Burl Guy and a couple of
others online but I don't know who is reasonable and/or reliable. I
have purchased a few maple burl's from Woodcraft in the past but I am
looking for caps from Australia, South America, Africa and the like.
Any information will be helpful.

Thanks,
Ted

http://www.leetreewoodworks.com/

Junior

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Ted wrote:
Do any of you know of any reliable and reasonably priced suppliers for
exotic burl caps? I have seen Dale the Burl Guy and a couple of
others online but I don't know who is reasonable and/or reliable. I
have purchased a few maple burl's from Woodcraft in the past but I am
looking for caps from Australia, South America, Africa and the like.
Any information will be helpful.

Thanks,
Ted

You can try:

http://mysite.verizon.net/thedukeofburl/

The owner, Sy Kaplan, used to be an active member of the rec.woodworking
news group. I've met him a few times on his trips through Buffalo.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Not sure about burl caps, but take a look.. these folks have always found what I
was looking for, and usually had it in stock...

http://www.anexotichardwood.com/index.html

( located in Carlsbad, CA )

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Ted
I'm not a big supplier but I do at times have some burl which I sell
to turners around the country. My main stay has been buying veneer logs
but in my travels I am able to pick up on burls. mainly black ash. I can
be reached thru my website www.highislandexport.com
Ross

funky burls? Toller Woodturning 4 September 11th 07 11:30 AM
Spruce Burls! Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 14 July 14th 07 09:59 PM
Seasoned Burls Tom Storey Woodturning 0 April 24th 06 05:35 AM
Dry Burls Tom Storey Woodturning 3 April 16th 06 07:08 PM
Amboyna and other Burls Burls-Queen Woodworking 0 January 4th 05 03:53 AM