Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default exotic hardwood floors

I've heard a rumor that if you install exotic hardwood floors, you
need to keep the humidity higher in the house, or the wood might
crack. (I live in Canada, where we have very dry winters).

I've been woodworking for years, and haven't heard about this -- is
this rumor true, or is it just a salesperson trying to disuade me from
what I really want (which is Jatoba BTW, but I'm interested in knowing
if this occurs in other types of wood too). Could this be a product
of how the wood is dried after harvest?

John

OSB And Hardwood Floors Tim Daneliuk Woodworking 6 October 21st 07 06:46 AM
Hardwood floors nancyagor Home Repair 11 May 27th 06 02:52 AM
Hardwood/exotic supplier in Raleigh, NC? ringo Woodworking 12 September 8th 05 05:29 PM
Engineered Hardwood Floors over Solid Hardwood Floors [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 26th 05 04:21 PM
Hardwood floors again Patscga Home Ownership 5 February 1st 04 03:59 PM