Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Amazing shop.

Years ago I saw this mans shop in a magazine. I was impressed back then.
I just ran across his shop again in pictures, and video. The pics are
better than the video. Simply amazing.

Too crowded for me. I could never work in a shop like that. I need
space. He is a tool collector, as I doubt anyone really needs 1/4 of
this to do good work. But still you have to look and drool a little.

http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/index.html

Enjoy.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/2012 9:58 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Years ago I saw this mans shop in a magazine. I was impressed back then.
I just ran across his shop again in pictures, and video. The pics are better
than the video. Simply amazing.

Too crowded for me. I could never work in a shop like that. I need space. He is
a tool collector, as I doubt anyone really needs 1/4 of this to do good work.
But still you have to look and drool a little.

http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/index.html

Enjoy.

Can you imagine being the one to deal with all that when the guy passes on? I
wanna go to that estate sale!

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam wrote:
Years ago I saw this mans shop in a magazine. I was impressed back then.
I just ran across his shop again in pictures, and video. The pics are
better than the video. Simply amazing.

Too crowded for me. I could never work in a shop like that. I need
space. He is a tool collector, as I doubt anyone really needs 1/4 of
this to do good work. But still you have to look and drool a little.

http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/index.html

Enjoy.

If the poor guy misplaces something, he's really out-a-luck.
Posted to rec.woodworking

He is busy also, woodworking and the web. I came it across his website this
past weekend.

http://woodgears.ca/shop-tricks/slippery.html

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
Years ago I saw this mans shop in a magazine. I was impressed back then.
I just ran across his shop again in pictures, and video. The pics are
better than the video. Simply amazing.

Too crowded for me. I could never work in a shop like that. I need space.
He is a tool collector, as I doubt anyone really needs 1/4 of this to do
good work. But still you have to look and drool a little.

http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/index.html

Enjoy.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I wonder if he actually ever produced a project outside of more shop
organizing units. I mean a couple of saw cuts and two weeks of sawdust
clean-up?

It appears to be a lifetime of OCD organizing. Very nice stuff though.
Not so sure about glass bottles though.

------------
"tiredofspam" wrote in message

Years ago I saw this mans shop in a magazine. I was impressed back
then.
I just ran across his shop again in pictures, and video. The pics are
better than the video. Simply amazing.

Too crowded for me. I could never work in a shop like that. I need
space. He is a tool collector, as I doubt anyone really needs 1/4 of
this to do good work. But still you have to look and drool a little.

http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/index.html

Enjoy.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 1/15/2012 9:58 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Years ago I saw this mans shop in a magazine. ...

Too crowded for me. I could never work in a shop like that. I need
space. He is a tool collector, as I doubt anyone really needs 1/4 of
this to do good work. But still you have to look and drool a little.

http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/index.html

Don't "need" a tenth of it, of course...

The "vertical router" is the Uniplane. I remember when it was
introduced and don't recall the current descriptions I see as being
touted as a safer replacement for a jointer but as primarily intended
for pattern makers and others for miniature parts that were too small to
be handled on a conventional jointer. Somewhere I have the old printed
catalog...

http://vintagemachinery.org/photoind....aspx?id=10146

The comment the guy makes about having to balance the contents of the
jars in the wagon wheel storage units is definitely indication of having
gone far beyond the practical into the OCD behavior somebody else
mentioned...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/2012 11:17 PM, Bill wrote:
tiredofspam wrote:
Years ago I saw this mans shop in a magazine. I was impressed back then.
I just ran across his shop again in pictures, and video. The pics are
better than the video. Simply amazing.

Too crowded for me. I could never work in a shop like that. I need
space. He is a tool collector, as I doubt anyone really needs 1/4 of
this to do good work. But still you have to look and drool a little.

http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/index.html

Enjoy.

If the poor guy misplaces something, he's really out-a-luck.

Why? It looks like he's got 20 of everything.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 15, 10:58*pm, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote:
Years ago I saw this mans shop in a magazine. I was impressed back then.
I just ran across his shop again in pictures, and video. The pics are
better than the video. Simply amazing.

Too crowded for me. I could never work in a shop like that. I need
space. He is a tool collector, as I doubt anyone really needs 1/4 of
this to do good work. But still you have to look and drool a little.

http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/index.html

Enjoy.

This fellow suffers from a malady that many of us also have, "Tool
Lust". The description doesn't say how he gets his materials in to
the shop nor how he gets the finished projects out. I suspect he's
limited to smaller sized endeavers. He is a very cleaver fellow in the
use of space, but I don't think he can work on a 4' x 8' sheet of
plywood. Probably has to have them rough cut to size at the lumber
yard. All in all he's taken space maximizing to a new level.

JoeG
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 1/15/2012 9:58 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Years ago I saw this mans shop in a magazine. I was impressed back then.

As far as "impressed", I'm most in approval of the RAS setup--that's
both the type of and arrangement to have. Unfortunate that he's got it
so cluttered around he would have a heckuva time getting material
to/from it that puts it to use.

I also like the modification of the other for the pin/movable
router--that's a pretty neat idea methinks. I don't have an old frame
or I'd consider it.

I envy the large thickness sander; that's the one piece of gear had
access to in TN/VA that I miss the most back on the farm in small
location that doesn't have a cabinet shop w/ the facility within 200
miles that I'm aware of...

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 1/16/2012 9:14 AM, dpb wrote:

The "vertical router" is the Uniplane. I remember when it was introduced
and don't recall the current descriptions I see as being touted as a
safer replacement for a jointer but as primarily intended for pattern
makers and others for miniature parts that were too small to be handled
on a conventional jointer. Somewhere I have the old printed catalog...

http://vintagemachinery.org/photoind....aspx?id=10146

The comment the guy makes about having to balance the contents of the
jars in the wagon wheel storage units is definitely indication of having
gone far beyond the practical into the OCD behavior somebody else
mentioned...

"vertical router" above was intended as "vertical jointer", of course.

This is first time I'd ever seem/heard the Uniplane called a vertical
jointer...it kinda' is, of course, but as noted replacing a jointer
wasn't really the target audience when it was introduced; that seems to
me a recent "spin" ...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/16/2012 11:08 AM, GROVER wrote:
[...]

did you see the size/length of outfeed tables/rollers on the tablesaw
and band saw?
Posted to rec.woodworking

m II wrote:
I wonder if he actually ever produced a project outside of more shop
organizing units. I mean a couple of saw cuts and two weeks of sawdust
clean-up?

It appears to be a lifetime of OCD organizing. Very nice stuff though.
Not so sure about glass bottles though.

The glass baby food bottles, if those are the ones you mean, hint then
at your age and his.

------------
"tiredofspam" wrote in message

Years ago I saw this mans shop in a magazine. I was impressed back then.
I just ran across his shop again in pictures, and video. The pics are
better than the video. Simply amazing.

Too crowded for me. I could never work in a shop like that. I need
space. He is a tool collector, as I doubt anyone really needs 1/4 of
this to do good work. But still you have to look and drool a little.

http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/index.html

Enjoy.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 1/16/2012 2:53 PM, chaniarts wrote:

did you see the size/length of outfeed tables/rollers on the tablesaw
and band saw?

And the RAS as well.

My question is how he can possibly get any material _to_ the tool to
work on it larger than about 6" square?

Posted to rec.woodworking

I think I may be slightly younger than he from the quick peek.
Let's just say I am almost as mature as my grandchildren.

LOL