Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Slightly OT

We are considering place Kitchen-like cabinets in our utility room. We
would like ones that would go above the washer and dryer that are 48"
tall. Is this a standard size for upper cabinets.

Thank you in advance.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 20, 3:55*pm, Keith Nuttle wrote:
We are considering place Kitchen-like cabinets in our utility room. * We
would like ones that would go above the washer and dryer that are 48"
tall. * Is this a standard size for upper cabinets.

Thank you in advance.

Have you tried Google?

Once such hit...

http://www.kitchencabinetdepot.com/I...net-Sizes.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/20/2011 2:55 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
We are considering place Kitchen-like cabinets in our utility room. We
would like ones that would go above the washer and dryer that are 48"
tall. Is this a standard size for upper cabinets.

Thank you in advance.

Off the shelf wall cabinets start at 30" tall. You are unlikely to find
a 48" tall wall cabinet unless it is special order, or made custom made
locally.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 15:55:34 -0500, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

We are considering place Kitchen-like cabinets in our utility room. We
would like ones that would go above the washer and dryer that are 48"
tall. Is this a standard size for upper cabinets.

As you say, it is a utility room and not fashion dependent like a
kitchen may be. Size is entirely based on your needs and wants. Build
them as big as the available area and benefit from that storage area.
My opinion.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

We are considering place Kitchen-like cabinets in our utility room. We
would like ones that would go above the washer and dryer that are 48"
tall. Is this a standard size for upper cabinets.

Thank you in advance.

Mine are 30". If I used 48", we could not reach the top shelf and not
open the lid of the washer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 20, 3:55Â*pm, Keith Nuttle wrote:
We are considering place Kitchen-like cabinets in our utility room. Â* We
would like ones that would go above the washer and dryer that are 48"
tall. Â* Is this a standard size for upper cabinets.

Thank you in advance.

This site says:

"The height of a wall cabinet with a full soffit will be at 30€³ and
42€³ without a soffit."

http://www.dimensionsguide.com/stand...et-dimensions/

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
We are considering place Kitchen-like cabinets in our utility room. * We
would like ones that would go above the washer and dryer that are 48"
tall. * Is this a standard size for upper cabinets.

Thank you in advance.

Mine are 30". *If I used 48", we could not reach the top shelf and not
open the lid of the washer.

My kitchen cabinets are stick built and go all the way up to the
ceiling. We cannot reach the top shelf, but we're both short.

However, it sure is nice to have that 3rd shelf for items that we
don't use very often.

I also love the wide open space of a 4 door unit with no separation
between the bays.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Keith Nuttle wrote:
We are considering place Kitchen-like cabinets in our utility room. We
would like ones that would go above the washer and dryer that are
48" tall. Is this a standard size for upper cabinets.

Thank you in advance.

It isn't a standard height but you can have them built or DIY.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
We are considering place Kitchen-like cabinets in our utility room. * We
would like ones that would go above the washer and dryer that are 48"
tall. * Is this a standard size for upper cabinets.

Thank you in advance.

Mine are 30". *If I used 48", we could not reach the top shelf and not
open the lid of the washer.

The OP might have a front load washer.
Posted to rec.woodworking

You will need a three step ladder to put things in the top shelves!!

I installed 36" units in our kitchen and a stool is required to access
the top shelf safely.

------------
"Keith Nuttle" wrote in message ...

We are considering place Kitchen-like cabinets in our utility room.
We
would like ones that would go above the washer and dryer that are 48"
tall. Is this a standard size for upper cabinets.

Thank you in advance.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"The height of a wall cabinet with a full soffit will be at 30€³ and
42€³ without a soffit."

http://www.dimensionsguide.com/stand...et-dimensions/

********************
I usually build 40" upper cabinets. That might be too tall for above a
washer. If not available, use shorter ones lower on the wall, and use the
space above them for storage. You can make a top and bottom track with two
3/16" dados and make bypass sliding doors to hide the stuff.

-- Jim in NC

Slightly OT Pat Home Repair 44 November 22nd 08 04:18 AM
Slightly OT, need some electrical help Carl M Metalworking 9 January 5th 08 08:59 PM
Slightly OT ... Arfa Daily Electronics Repair 33 December 8th 07 03:22 AM
Slightly OT - CTE david lang UK diy 7 August 22nd 05 10:28 AM
Slightly OT - Sky Card TheScullster UK diy 6 February 22nd 05 08:36 AM