Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default Slightly OT

It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pat wrote:
It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to
open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

Burn more coal evil grin.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pat wrote:
It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

Hi,
Shovelling sunshine is lot easier.
Move where you can do that, LOL!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pat wrote:

It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

Start another election. There will be enough hot air in a short while
to melt all the snow.

--
"Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment." ~
Ira Gassen

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pat" wrote in message
It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

Take up skiing and enjoy it. Better than hating it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue 18 Nov 2008 06:59:37p, Pat told us...

It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

First buy a snow shovel. Then get your ass in gear.

‘twas a sultry 88°F in Phoenix today. Days like this make it crystal clear
why I moved from Cleveland.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Tuesday, 11(XI)/18(XVIII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till U.S. Thanksgiving Day
1wks 1dys 3hrs 20mins
Welcome to Florida. Now go home.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 03:42:11 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Tue 18 Nov 2008 06:59:37p, Pat told us...

It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

First buy a snow shovel. Then get your ass in gear.

‘twas a sultry 88°F in Phoenix today. Days like this make it crystal clear
why I moved from Cleveland.

Not sure that makes up for 4 months of hell. Going out at 11pm and
finding it still over 105.

Up north, the best time of the day is just after noon and that
coincides nicely with lunch time. In phoenix, lunch time is the
absolute worst part of the day. The best time in the summer is
between 2am and 4am. I don't get out much at that time; I tend to be
sound asleep.

But right now the weather is lovely.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:59:37 -0800 (PST), Pat
wrote:

It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

25 years ago I figured out the only solution was to move south.
The only problem is those snow birds who can't commit and clog our
roads all winter. They keep saying every couple years that the economy
will slow down the "season" but it never seems to happen.

I'm a 'damn Yankee'. I came to Florida to visit and stayed. But I decided to
stay near the Redneck Riviera in the Panhandle. In the 28 years here I've
seen snow twice (a dusting and 2"). Also seen temps of 8º and 108º. A
Christmas Day at 12º and one at 82º. It ain't the tropics, but it ain't the
Pennsylvania mountains either!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pat wrote:
It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

Talk with Al Gore. Maybe he can convince you that the earth is warming up.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

"Pat" wrote in message
It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two
days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to
open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

I think you should ask Al Gore & Obama. They want us to spend
$MILLIONS so you get more cold and snow.

Bob-tx

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 18, 7:59*pm, Pat wrote:
It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

I went to school in city we called, "the mistake on the lake".
Feel sorry for you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Tue 18 Nov 2008 06:59:37p, Pat told us...

It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to
open in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

First buy a snow shovel. Then get your ass in gear.

'twas a sultry 88°F in Phoenix today. Days like this make it
crystal clear why I moved from Cleveland.

Not sure that makes up for 4 months of hell. Going out at 11pm and
finding it still over 105.

Up north, the best time of the day is just after noon and that
coincides nicely with lunch time. In phoenix, lunch time is the
absolute worst part of the day. The best time in the summer is
between 2am and 4am. I don't get out much at that time; I tend to be
sound asleep.

But right now the weather is lovely.

A New York author once said: "The outdoors is something through which I pass
between my apartment and my car."

The same applies in Phoenix.

If you don't want to complain about the weather, move to Hawaii. They don't
even have weather forecasts on the TV because the weather is exactly the
same every day (the islands are surrounded by a one trillion square mile
heat sink). Or, you can do as I do.

Stay inside. With redundant air conditioning.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

On Nov 19, 7:20*am, Frank wrote:
On Nov 18, 7:59*pm, Pat wrote:

It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

I went to school in city we called, "the mistake on the lake".
Feel sorry for you.

Yeah, but that so-called football team just beat our so-called
football team. WIDE RIGHT has been is a cuss word around here for
well over a decade.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

On Nov 18, 8:59*pm, Pat wrote:
It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

Grrrr. WTF. I knew we were in trouble when I look outside last night
and saw stars. Tha'ts never a good sign. Sure enough, it was 4F this
morning. It ain't Thanksgiving yet. This is over a month early.

Well the only consolation that I have is knowing you can always put
more cloths on a lot easier than you can take cloths off (in public).
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I do. It gets boring cowering inside all the time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

A New York author once said: "The outdoors is something through which I pass
between my apartment and my car."

The same applies in Phoenix.

If you don't want to complain about the weather, move to Hawaii. They don't
even have weather forecasts on the TV because the weather is exactly the same
every day (the islands are surrounded by a one trillion square mile heat
sink). Or, you can do as I do.

Stay inside. With redundant air conditioning.

That sounds horrible! Why live in a place that you have to do that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

PanHandler wrote:

"Pat" wrote in message
On Nov 18, 8:59 pm, Pat wrote:

It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

Grrrr. WTF. I knew we were in trouble when I look outside last night
and saw stars. Tha'ts never a good sign. Sure enough, it was 4F this

Quitcher whining..........I can remember 27 below. A fading memory, but
no more of it. Coldest
I've seen where I live now was about 28 above. Mebbe that's why so many
drunks move to Florida
- less chance of freezing to death. Around these parts, they're
beginning to talk about recycling
sewage to drinking water. Might as well live on the shuttle ) Or
mebbe they've just been
drinking too much of that other stuff. There are benefits to living in
"snow country".

morning. It ain't Thanksgiving yet. This is over a month early.

Well the only consolation that I have is knowing you can always put
more cloths on a lot easier than you can take cloths off (in public).

Clothes also :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

J. Clarke wrote:
Pat wrote:
It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to
open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

Burn more coal evil grin.

Good plan. If people burn more coal, the Bush/Cheney team can get a
coal company in there to remove the ski slope and dump it into a creek.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 02:58:44 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"
wrote:

Pat wrote:

It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

Start another election. There will be enough hot air in a short while
to melt all the snow.

We don't need an election here. There's too many Baptist churches.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed 19 Nov 2008 05:48:07a, HeyBub told us...

wrote:
[...]

Agreed!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Wednesday, 11(XI)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till U.S. Thanksgiving Day
1wks 5hrs 11mins
It isn't the fall that kills the child, it is the splattering of
the brain against the inside of the skull.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed 19 Nov 2008 10:50:48a, Bob F told us...

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

A New York author once said: "The outdoors is something through which I
pass between my apartment and my car."

The same applies in Phoenix.

If you don't want to complain about the weather, move to Hawaii. They
don't even have weather forecasts on the TV because the weather is
exactly the same every day (the islands are surrounded by a one
trillion square mile heat sink). Or, you can do as I do.

Stay inside. With redundant air conditioning.

That sounds horrible! Why live in a place that you have to do that?

So that I don’t have to plow or shovel snow or drive to work on icy roads,
or live with chronic bronchitis throughout the winter, etc.

Unless you live in a climate like Hawaii, or simply like to freeze or burn,
you avoid the seasons you don’t like and enjoy the ones you do. Part of
that is living where you find most of what you like.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Wednesday, 11(XI)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till U.S. Thanksgiving Day
1wks 5hrs 10mins
I'm not easy, but I can be tricked.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
5.250...
On Wed 19 Nov 2008 10:50:48a, Bob F told us...

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

A New York author once said: "The outdoors is something through which I
pass between my apartment and my car."

The same applies in Phoenix.

If you don't want to complain about the weather, move to Hawaii. They
don't even have weather forecasts on the TV because the weather is
exactly the same every day (the islands are surrounded by a one
trillion square mile heat sink). Or, you can do as I do.

Stay inside. With redundant air conditioning.

That sounds horrible! Why live in a place that you have to do that?

So that I don’t have to plow or shovel snow or drive to work on icy roads,
or live with chronic bronchitis throughout the winter, etc.

Unless you live in a climate like Hawaii, or simply like to freeze or burn,
you avoid the seasons you don’t like and enjoy the ones you do. Part of
that is living where you find most of what you like.

I don't freeze or burn where I live. Unless I drive into the mountains or over
them.

I do rust a bit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Have you considered emailing the Pope? Perhaps he has the ear of God. As to
global cooling, well, vent more freon. That should help.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Boden" wrote in message

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

Talk with Al Gore. Maybe he can convince you that the earth is warming up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed 19 Nov 2008 07:09:50p, Bob F told us...

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
5.250...
On Wed 19 Nov 2008 10:50:48a, Bob F told us...

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Sorta like the Tin Man? Better carry an oil can.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Wednesday, 11(XI)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till U.S. Thanksgiving Day
1wks 4hrs 40mins
Friends don't let friends drive naked.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pat posted for all of us...

It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

I thought global warming would take care of little problems like this...
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 01:53:35 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Wed 19 Nov 2008 10:50:48a, Bob F told us...

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

A New York author once said: "The outdoors is something through which I
pass between my apartment and my car."

The same applies in Phoenix.

If you don't want to complain about the weather, move to Hawaii. They
don't even have weather forecasts on the TV because the weather is
exactly the same every day (the islands are surrounded by a one
trillion square mile heat sink). Or, you can do as I do.

Stay inside. With redundant air conditioning.

That sounds horrible! Why live in a place that you have to do that?

So that I don’t have to plow or shovel snow or drive to work on icy roads,
or live with chronic bronchitis throughout the winter, etc.

No. Just valley fever from fungus infested dust storms.

I love how when it rains after not having rained for a few weeks, how
it combines with the dust in the air and covers everything with mud.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed 19 Nov 2008 08:06:20p, AZ Nomad told us...

wrote:
On Wed 19 Nov 2008 10:50:48a, Bob F told us...

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

A New York author once said: "The outdoors is something through which
I pass between my apartment and my car."

The same applies in Phoenix.

If you don't want to complain about the weather, move to Hawaii. They
don't even have weather forecasts on the TV because the weather is
exactly the same every day (the islands are surrounded by a one
trillion square mile heat sink). Or, you can do as I do.

Stay inside. With redundant air conditioning.

That sounds horrible! Why live in a place that you have to do that?

So that I don’t have to plow or shovel snow or drive to work on icy
roads, or live with chronic bronchitis throughout the winter, etc.

No. Just valley fever from fungus infested dust storms.

Luckily I’ve escaped that so far.

I love how when it rains after not having rained for a few weeks, how
it combines with the dust in the air and covers everything with mud.

Indeed it does. What a mess! But then, if it rains enough it washes
things fairly clean again.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Wednesday, 11(XI)/19(XIX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till U.S. Thanksgiving Day
1wks 3hrs 44mins
Do NOT look into laser with remaining eyeball!

Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:50:48 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
om...

A New York author once said: "The outdoors is something through which I pass
between my apartment and my car."

The same applies in Phoenix.

If you don't want to complain about the weather, move to Hawaii. They don't
even have weather forecasts on the TV because the weather is exactly the same
every day (the islands are surrounded by a one trillion square mile heat
sink). Or, you can do as I do.

Stay inside. With redundant air conditioning.

That sounds horrible! Why live in a place that you have to do that?

My thought exactly!
Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:44:27 -0600, "PanHandler"
wrote:

"Pat" wrote in message
On Nov 18, 8:59 pm, Pat wrote:
It's 15F outside and we've gotten 32" of snow in the last two days.

It's mid-November and the ski slope up the road is threatening to open
in 2 days -- about 2 weeks early.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

Grrrr. WTF. I knew we were in trouble when I look outside last night
and saw stars. Tha'ts never a good sign. Sure enough, it was 4F this
morning. It ain't Thanksgiving yet. This is over a month early.

Well the only consolation that I have is knowing you can always put
more cloths on a lot easier than you can take cloths off (in public).

Clothes also :-)

That's right (about the early winter and about the clothing). Life is
good, actually. At least I have a job to pay the utility bills. And
a fireplace if I get desperate.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news:XcOdnQTd2OmUlrnUnZ2dnUVZ_qLinZ2d@earthlink. com...

A New York author once said: "The outdoors is something through which I pass
between my apartment and my car."

The same applies in Phoenix.

If you don't want to complain about the weather, move to Hawaii. They don't
even have weather forecasts on the TV because the weather is exactly the same
every day (the islands are surrounded by a one trillion square mile heat
sink). Or, you can do as I do.

Stay inside. With redundant air conditioning.

That sounds horrible! Why live in a place that you have to do that?

My thought exactly!

Uh, how is that worse than staying inside with heating?
Last time I checked, most people in northern climates stayed inside
during the winter. Being outside in minus ten degree weather isn't much
better than being outside in 115 degree weather.

Of course, the worse part of the day in phoenix is the middle of the day when
most people are out and about.

Posted to alt.home.repair

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:15:29 -0500, KLS wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:50:48 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

A New York author once said: "The outdoors is something through which I pass
between my apartment and my car."

The same applies in Phoenix.

If you don't want to complain about the weather, move to Hawaii. They don't
even have weather forecasts on the TV because the weather is exactly the same
every day (the islands are surrounded by a one trillion square mile heat
sink). Or, you can do as I do.

Stay inside. With redundant air conditioning.
That sounds horrible! Why live in a place that you have to do that?

My thought exactly!

Uh, how is that worse than staying inside with heating?
Last time I checked, most people in northern climates stayed inside
during the winter. Being outside in minus ten degree weather isn't much
better than being outside in 115 degree weather.

The hell it isn't. One can be perfectly comfortable in -10 weather with
proper cloathing. (I have a cashmere jacket that is very light and will
keep me warm down to about 15 degrees or so.) One can't be comfortable
in 115 degree weather even stark naked and dripping wet. And for a lot
of people that ain't a pretty picture. Anywhere that requires A/C to
keep you from dying of heatstroke isn't somewhere I want to live. (and
that actually includes my current residence, but I have this thing about
eating regularly, and there ain't no jobs where I grew up.)

nate

(unrepentant damnyankee)

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:15:29 -0500, KLS wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:50:48 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

[...]

2 words: low humidity. once you get used to it, you can work outside during
the day as long as you keep hydrated.

people have lived in az for a long time before a/c was invented. for that
matter, mexico, just to our south, is even more hot and humid, and no one
told the maya that they shouldn't live there.

regards,
charlie
cave creek, az

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 19:24:35 -0500, Nate Nagel wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:15:29 -0500, KLS wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:50:48 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Really? You don't stay indoors with a heater when it is minus ten?

Posted to alt.home.repair

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:15:29 -0500, KLS wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:50:48 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

[...]

I keep my indoors heated, but I don't particularly mind going outside if
something needs done, either. Besides growing up in western PA, I spent
a winter between Detroit and the YooPee, so I know of what I speak.
Minus ten might be pushing it for what I regularly experienced, but 0-10
degrees happened often. Heck, if you enjoy cross-country skiing, cold
weather is best, the snow isn't sticky. And driving is easier as well,
as you don't have that water-over-ice that happens when it's hovering
around freezing.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
[...]

But up here in the cold we get to go out and blow snow, push stuck
cars, go skiing, skating, tubing, and all that other fun stuff. Don't
have to stay inside because you can put on enough to be warm - In
Phoenix it is impossible to take OFF enough to be cool. (even in
Novembrrrrrrrrrr.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
[...]

not true. it's all what you get used to. i generally work outdoors in the
summertime. as long as i can keep hydrated and shaded, it's just fine. when
the temps get down to a chilly 50F, then i have to put on the heavy coat to
work outdoors.

of course, when i can paint outside at xmas time wearing shorts/no shirt and
have to worry about a sunburn is when i call everyone i know who is
shoveling snow to ask them how it is.

regards,
charlie
cave creek, az

Slightly off topic, but... Robert Allison[_2_] Home Repair 14 March 29th 08 03:54 AM
Slightly OT ... Arfa Daily Electronics Repair 33 December 8th 07 03:22 AM
Slightly OT-Compressors Teejay Woodturning 13 September 22nd 06 04:52 AM
Slightly OT - CTE david lang UK diy 7 August 22nd 05 10:28 AM
Slightly OT : Not sure where to find this Junkyard Engineer Woodworking 6 February 7th 05 03:58 PM