Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Just got a bandsaw

I'm the proud new owner of a Jet 14" bandsaw (This model, but older
http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/200...-Base-Bandsaw-
Model-JWBS14CS.aspx). I plan on resawing and cutting rough timber/firewood
for drying. What do I need to know about using the saw?

Right now, there is a 3/4" blade on it. A 5/16" blade was included as
well.

I had used one back in high school, but it was usually just a turn it on
and make a cut operation. There was no thought given to blade tension,
guide adjustment other than height, etc.

Puckdropper

Bandsaw Help! Chris Woodworking 5 December 17th 07 04:04 PM
FS - Bandsaw Al A. Metalworking 6 September 24th 07 10:11 AM
Bandsaw Kevin B Woodworking 1 August 31st 06 11:29 AM
TuffTooth vs Timber Wolf bandsaw bandsaw comparision Paul Currie Woodworking 0 January 30th 06 11:17 PM
New use for a bandsaw NokNokMan Metalworking 35 October 22nd 05 06:11 AM