Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FS - Bandsaw

Hi all,
I have an older (Taiwan made) bandsaw. This is one of the ubiquitous
asian 4X6 units. I have not used it in several years since I got an old
Keller power hacksaw, and did not have room for both machines. I am
making more room, so it needs a new home. It is well used and has been a
real workhorse. It was used only for cutting small AL and steel angle to
rough lengths, so I never took the time to square the vice perfectly,
etc. The legs are off of it, and I think the plastic guard that covers
the belt is gone, but I believe that everything else there. though I
have not done so in quite a while, I am sure that you could just put the
legs on and start cutting, but it would sure benifit from a bit of
machine TLC.

I am located in NE Mass, near Lowell. It is not likely worth shipping
anywhere. I thought I would offer it here to anyone who might be local
and interested, before hitting Craig's list, etc.

I know this is not worth much. All I want out of the deal is your
promise to use and appreciate this loyal machine and enough money to buy
myself a large sandwich, a soda and an order of onion rings at a decent
local sub shop (under 10 bucks...). If you are interested email me
directly, we'll talk.

AL A.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Al A." wrote:
[...]

If you lived in Oregon, I'd buy you TWO sammiches!

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Danniken wrote:
"Al A." wrote:
Hi all,
I have an older (Taiwan made) bandsaw. This is one of the ubiquitous

SNIP
I know this is not worth much. All I want out of the deal is your promise
to use and appreciate this loyal machine and enough money to buy myself a
large sandwich, a soda and an order of onion rings at a decent local sub
shop (under 10 bucks...). If you are interested email me directly, we'll
talk.

If you lived in Oregon, I'd buy you TWO sammiches!

Jon

HA! Might be worth shipping for TWO!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 22, 1:20 pm, "Al A." wrote:
[...]

I didn't remember they had sub shops in Mass. I thought they were
called "grinders". I remember my first trip to Mass and seeing the
sign in store windows. Guess they are Grinders West of Boston and
subs to the North.

Paul, also in Oregon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

wrote in article
.com...
On Sep 22, 1:20 pm, "Al A." wrote:
[...]

Grinders are heated in the oven - Subs are served as cold sandwiches.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

* wrote:

Grinders are heated in the oven - Subs are served as cold sandwiches.

All the sub places around here advertise they are served hot.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Old bandsaw mattblack Woodworking 4 March 6th 07 05:45 PM
TuffTooth vs Timber Wolf bandsaw bandsaw comparision Paul Currie Woodworking 0 January 30th 06 11:17 PM
How much HP is too much for a 14" Bandsaw? [email protected] Woodworking 66 January 7th 05 04:56 AM
Bandsaw Jim Weidenfeller Woodworking 5 November 9th 04 01:30 AM
Bandsaw Box... jim Woodworking 8 November 1st 03 05:07 PM