Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Router Value

Can anyone help me find a value for this Bosch router. It's an older 1617
and I have yet to locate anything to determine it's worth. I don't even know
the HP and if someone has that info, that would also be appreciated.

You can view the photos here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1822394...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1822394...n/photostream/

Thank you

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 17, 5:32*pm, "SBH" wrote:
Can anyone help me find a value for this Bosch router. It's an older 1617
and I have yet to locate anything to determine it's worth. I don't even know
the HP and if someone has that info, that would also be appreciated.

You can view the photos here http://www.flickr.com/photos/1822394...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1822394...n/photostream/

Thank you

Is that all there is? I have a 1617 that, I believe is 1-3/4 HP. My
wife paid about $225 new for a gift but it had a separate plunge base,
the wooden knob handles, etc. The one in the pic looks pretty well
used. I doubt if it is worth $50 if it runs.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

"RonB" wrote in message
On Apr 17, 5:32 pm, "SBH" wrote:
Can anyone help me find a value for this Bosch router. It's an older 1617
and I have yet to locate anything to determine it's worth. I don't even
know
the HP and if someone has that info, that would also be appreciated.

You can view the photos here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1822394...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1822394...n/photostream/

Thank you

Is that all there is? I have a 1617 that, I believe is 1-3/4 HP. My
wife paid about $225 new for a gift but it had a separate plunge base,
the wooden knob handles, etc. The one in the pic looks pretty well
used. I doubt if it is worth $50 if it runs.

RonB

As I Stated, it's an older model. Trying to find the value, I've seen the
newer units with the big ear handles. It's a fixed based unit without a base
plate and it runs very well. I bought a router table some time ago and the
guy let it go with the table. It was attached to a base plate fitted for the
table. He didn't know where the stock base plate was. I used it a few time
to determine how well it works, but I have my own Freud for the table and my
Hitachi for free hand. He provided a speed control extension cord, which
also works well. Therefore, I don't need it and decided to sell it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 18:32:24 -0400, "SBH" wrote:

Can anyone help me find a value for this Bosch router. It's an older 1617
and I have yet to locate anything to determine it's worth. I don't even know
the HP and if someone has that info, that would also be appreciated.

You can view the photos here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1822394...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1822394...n/photostream/

Has the thing been sitting in water? There appears to be a "high water mark"
or bathtub ring on the collet. I'd concur with the high-side $50 estimate.
Maybe someone will want it for a table.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 17, 6:32*pm, "SBH" wrote:
Can anyone help me find a value for this Bosch router. It's an older 1617
and I have yet to locate anything to determine it's worth. I don't even know
the HP and if someone has that info, that would also be appreciated.

You can view the photos here http://www.flickr.com/photos/1822394...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1822394...n/photostream/

The label will list the electrical specifications and you can
determine the HP from that. Be aware that most manufacturers polish
the apple quite a bit when they list their HP ratings.

As far as value, if you got $50 you should consider yourself lucky.
The speed control extension cord is probably worth almost as much.
You can search eBay and check the completed listings to see what stuff
has sold for. As yours appears well used and stuff is missing 1/3 of
new would be nearing the upper limit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I think the three replies warrant a good value at $50. Hell, considering it
was technically free, it's an extra few dollars in my pocket.

Thank you

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 17, 6:14*pm, "SBH" wrote:
I think the three replies warrant a good value at $50. Hell, considering it
was technically free, it's an extra few dollars in my pocket.

Thank you

Well Hell. You didn't say free! In that case it is worth a million
dollars if it runs good. I noticed what looked like rust too on the
collet. If it has been in a table that might explain lack of knobs.

BTW - Mine is a few years old but I love it.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

Can anyone help me find a value for this Bosch router. It's an older 1617
and I have yet to locate anything to determine it's worth. I don't even know
the HP and if someone has that info, that would also be appreciated.

You can view the photos here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1822394...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1822394...n/photostream/

Thank you

Go to ebay, search on the model number, check "completed listings" in
the menu on the left, and that will tell you what people paid for them.

It would be 1-3/4 horsepower.