George

Default Hall of Fame/Shame Tool Survey

"R. E. Engerman" wrote in message
. ..

The kitchen cabinets are almost done. I needed more particle board and

had
a delay because Home Depot ran out, but they got some more in. It gets

hard
to cut sometimes. My neighbor said I should get a Car Bide blade, but I
could not find that brand at either Sears or Home Depot. I even looked

for
Car Bide Company but found no information on them.

Ralph Engerman
R. E. Quick Transit

Have you considered that it might be German? Kar Beid.

Greg Millen

I second the table use. My old Craftsman router (gifted to me 2nd hand)
found its niche use embedded in the water table.

--
Greg

"George" wrote in message ...
Great...wanna buy a Craftsman belt sander? Practically unused. I might
even be persuaded to part with my Craftsman router (though it is OK in a
table).

WW.newbie

"P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº4" wrote in message ...
"WW.newbie" wrote in message
m...
"R. E. Engerman" wrote in message

I buy only the best tools available because they hold up and cost less

in
the long run. My shop is almost 100% Craftsman. If Bob Vila uses them,

you
know they are professional quality.

Ralph Engerman
R. E Quick Transit

REE -
Your supposed to put a smiley face behind a statement like that,
otherwise people might think your serious.

ww.newb

He has to have the sharpest wit on the wreck.....brings me to tears :-)

Seriously, to think that I thought he was joking.

Woodworking is a craft steeped in tradition. From the neander's to
the Tim Taylor's, each uses tools based on refinement of the tried and
true. Unfortunately, tradition can obscure innovation. After viewing
the Craftsman-Unit-Saw modification in the binary archives, I realize
that Engerman is a genius; able to see beyond the confines of
convention and tradition; truly thinking outside the box. Adjusting
the blade height was always over-rated anyway. Plus, the wisdom to
visualize the concept of using rust on the table surface to prevent
kickback will eventually make splitters on table saws as obsolete as
the typewriter. I bow to the master of a new era in powertool
engineering.

For other newbies like myself who missed this the first time, check
out -
http://download.usenet-replayer.com/...8099348.23.jpg

ww.newb
Victor Frost

Wish I could agree with the Crapsman assessment BUT.... when I started
woodworking in the early '80s I used the same rationale as time went on,
though, the quality really went down hill.

Totally agree with the SUV statement. Lot a good young Americans losing
their lives in that **** hole country to fill those goddamn thing up.

RemodGuy

I buy only the best tools available because they hold up and cost less in
the long run. My shop is almost 100% Craftsman. If Bob Vila uses them, you
know they are professional quality.

Oh God, please someone help me find some sarcasm in this post. I've
read it 3 times and I fear he may be serious....

RemodGuy

"Leon" wrote in message om...
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Some things just make ya think, don't they?

Fresh squeezed baby oil?

Girl Scout cookies?

Hot Water Heater

Why would you want to heat hot water??
George

To get it to the temperature you want. It's a continuum thing.

Replaced mine two days ago, and the liability folks seem to have mandated a
setting somewhat lower than the one to which I was accustomed. Guess I'll
heat it another 10 degrees.

"RemodGuy" wrote in message
om...

Hot Water Heater

Why would you want to heat hot water??

On Sun, 16 May 2004 20:09:58 -0700, "Rudy" wrote:

"RemodGuy" wrote in message
om...

I buy only the best tools available because they hold up and cost less

in
the long run. My shop is almost 100% Craftsman. If Bob Vila uses them,

you
know they are professional quality.

Signed: Tom Vila

Oh God, please someone help me find some sarcasm in this post. I've
read it 3 times and I fear he may be serious....

He's an understated troll with a dry wit. for a while I wasn't quite
certain he was trolling, so I did a bit of troll hunting, and found
his tracks under the bridge easily enough.

frankly, as trolls go, he's good. damn good, in fact. I almost regret
outing him....