Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Hope I'm Wrong

Here in SoCal, temps are to be 80+F tomorrow, sustained winds above 20
knots,
relative humidity 15% or less and red flag warnings tomorrow from
6:00AM to 6:00PM.

Translation:

The above is a classic recipe for some serious brush fires.

Tomorrow night by this time, we could have some serious fires.

Keep your fingers crossed, hope I'm wrong.

What is so ironic is that the ski slopes are open in the mountains.

Yes it is machine made snow, but it's still snow.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-11-13, Lew Hodgett wrote:

What is so ironic is that the ski slopes are open in the mountains.

Yes it is machine made snow, but it's still snow.

What's ironic?

As a very recent expat CA boy, I'm now at 8,000ft in the CO Rockies.
It's currently 17F at night and 33F max in the day during this passing
cold front. Only slight dusting of snow during last 2 days. I
wouldn't change it for all those damn 115F Summer days in the World!

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-11-13, Lew Hodgett wrote:

What is so ironic is that the ski slopes are open in the mountains.

Yes it is machine made snow, but it's still snow.

What's ironic?

As a very recent expat CA boy, I'm now at 8,000ft in the CO Rockies.
It's currently 17F at night and 33F max in the day during this passing
cold front. Only slight dusting of snow during last 2 days. I
wouldn't change it for all those damn 115F Summer days in the World!

nb

Are you in Summit county? ww

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:4cddecb9$0$1870
:

Here in SoCal, temps are to be 80+F tomorrow, sustained winds above 20
knots,
relative humidity 15% or less and red flag warnings tomorrow from
6:00AM to 6:00PM.

Translation:

The above is a classic recipe for some serious brush fires.

Tomorrow night by this time, we could have some serious fires.

Keep your fingers crossed, hope I'm wrong.

What is so ironic is that the ski slopes are open in the mountains.

Yes it is machine made snow, but it's still snow.

Lew

It's been around 65F here in the New York City area today. Several days
with strong winds, but generally clear. Brush fires on Staten Island.
Perhaps set ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"WW" wrote in message
. ..

On 2010-11-13, Lew Hodgett wrote:

What is so ironic is that the ski slopes are open in the mountains.

Yes it is machine made snow, but it's still snow.

What's ironic?

As a very recent expat CA boy, I'm now at 8,000ft in the CO Rockies.
It's currently 17F at night and 33F max in the day during this passing
cold front. Only slight dusting of snow during last 2 days. I
wouldn't change it for all those damn 115F Summer days in the World!

nb

Are you in Summit county? ww

The summit on Global warming ?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"WW" wrote in message
. ..

On 2010-11-13, Lew Hodgett wrote:

What is so ironic is that the ski slopes are open in the mountains.

Yes it is machine made snow, but it's still snow.

What's ironic?

As a very recent expat CA boy, I'm now at 8,000ft in the CO Rockies.
It's currently 17F at night and 33F max in the day during this passing
cold front. Only slight dusting of snow during last 2 days. I
wouldn't change it for all those damn 115F Summer days in the World!

nb

Nothing like a 115 degree summer day
get them here for almost a month on end

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Han" wrote in message
[...]

It has been 75 degrees here today
and it is also ****ing down rain

There IS hope SteveB[_9_] Metalworking 8 September 29th 09 05:11 PM
I think Bush was wrong and Obama is three times as wrong as Bush was. Ed Huntress Metalworking 4 September 10th 09 04:00 AM
I hope Swampbug Woodworking 4 February 13th 08 03:48 PM
Bob Hope Scott Cramer Home Repair 16 July 30th 03 07:28 PM
Bob Hope Traves W. Coppock Woodworking 15 July 30th 03 04:54 PM