Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Default What is it? Weekend Edition 8

These photos were all recently sent to me, the first three were submitted by
people looking to identify the items, I've already posted them on my site
sometime in the last six years so you can test your memory on them.

30.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic30.jpg

31.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic31.jpg

32.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic32.jpg

These last two haven't been posted on the web site befo

33.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic33a.jpg

34. This one is a little unusual in that some people might recommend that
its purpose not be discussed in polite company:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic34a.jpg

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

#30 looks like a can opener

It does look like one but it was made for another purpose.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

#30 looks like a can opener

It does look like one but it was made for another purpose.

Generic sheet metal cutter, ancestor of the nibbler?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

news
#30 looks like a can opener

It does look like one but it was made for another purpose.

Generic sheet metal cutter, ancestor of the nibbler?

Thanks,
Rich

It isn't for use on metal.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

news
#30 looks like a can opener

It does look like one but it was made for another purpose.

Generic sheet metal cutter, ancestor of the nibbler?

It isn't for use on metal.

Thanks. I just now saw "wire stripper" by $OTHER_POSTER, and I wanna
change my vote. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

#32 is used to strip corn from the ears for canning or for those of us who
can't bite it from the ear for one reason or another .

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

#32 is used to strip corn from the ears for canning or for those of us who
can't bite it from the ear for one reason or another .

Correct

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

"Rob H." wrote in message
These photos were all recently sent to me, the first three were submitted
by people looking to identify the items, I've already posted them on my
site sometime in the last six years so you can test your memory on them.

30.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic30.jpg

31.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic31.jpg

32.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic32.jpg

These last two haven't been posted on the web site befo

33.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic33a.jpg

34. This one is a little unusual in that some people might recommend that
its purpose not be discussed in polite company:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic34a.jpg

Rob

30: is a wire stripper

31: is a type of hand operated vise

32: has been answered

33: is a home made overhead candle holder

34: is part of an easel stand

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

30: is a wire stripper

31: is a type of hand operated vise

Both incorrect

32: has been answered

33: is a home made overhead candle holder

Yes, it's for holding candles but it's for a very particular use, the word
'overhead' could be considered correct but a more specific term would be
better

34: is part of an easel stand

Nope

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Rob H. wrote:
These photos were all recently sent to me, the first three were
submitted by people looking to identify the items, I've already posted
them on my site sometime in the last six years so you can test your
memory on them.

30.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic30.jpg

Looks sort of like an old seam ripper. May even be a bag ripper.

31.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic31.jpg

I use mine as a nutcracker.

32.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic32.jpg

Used to remove corn kernels from the cob.

These last two haven't been posted on the web site befo

33.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic33a.jpg

Candle chandelier?

34. This one is a little unusual in that some people might recommend
that its purpose not be discussed in polite company:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic34a.jpg

????

Rob

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic30.jpg

Looks sort of like an old seam ripper. May even be a bag ripper.

Nope

31.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic31.jpg

I use mine as a nutcracker.

Yep, it's a nut cracker

32.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic32.jpg

Used to remove corn kernels from the cob.

Correct

33.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic33a.jpg

Candle chandelier?

Partially correct

34. This one is a little unusual in that some people might recommend
that its purpose not be discussed in polite company:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic34a.jpg

????

Rob

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 21:11:48 -0400, Steve W. wrote:

34. This one is a little unusual in that some people might recommend
that its purpose not be discussed in polite company:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic34a.jpg

A pee chute for liberated women? ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 21:11:48 -0400, Steve W. wrote:

34. This one is a little unusual in that some people might recommend
that its purpose not be discussed in polite company:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic34a.jpg

A pee chute for liberated women? ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Wooden speculum for ummmm - you know.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 21:11:48 -0400, Steve W. wrote:

34. This one is a little unusual in that some people might recommend
that its purpose not be discussed in polite company:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic34a.jpg

A pee chute for liberated women? ;-)

Correct! Except it's for use by a man who wants to keep his shoes dry.
It's called a boot saver and was also used as a cane.

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 06:10:29 -0400, Rob H. wrote:
"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 21:11:48 -0400, Steve W. wrote:

34. This one is a little unusual in that some people might recommend
that its purpose not be discussed in polite company:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic34a.jpg

A pee chute for liberated women? ;-)

Correct! Except it's for use by a man who wants to keep his shoes dry.
It's called a boot saver and was also used as a cane.

LOL!

Many years ago, I saw an article in Hustler Mag, about some little
funnel-thing somebody was marketing to enable women to pee at a urinal;
there was a pic (from behind) of some woman standing at a urinal using
this little device.

I don't think it ever caught on. ;-)

Thanks!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Rich Grise wrote the following:
On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 06:10:29 -0400, Rob H. wrote:

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 21:11:48 -0400, Steve W. wrote:

34. This one is a little unusual in that some people might recommend
that its purpose not be discussed in polite company:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic34a.jpg

A pee chute for liberated women? ;-)

Correct! Except it's for use by a man who wants to keep his shoes dry.
It's called a boot saver and was also used as a cane.

LOL!

Many years ago, I saw an article in Hustler Mag, about some little
funnel-thing somebody was marketing to enable women to pee at a urinal;
there was a pic (from behind) of some woman standing at a urinal using
this little device.

I don't think it ever caught on. ;-)

Thanks!
Rich

I only read Hustler for the pictures. :-)
First, it would have to be used in the Men's room. No urinals in the
Woman's room.
Secondly, it would have to be washed afterwards, unless it is disposable.
Lastly, unless it was a foldable paper funnel, where would it be kept
between visits?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 09:05:50 -0700, Rich Grise
wrote:

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 06:10:29 -0400, Rob H. wrote:
"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 21:11:48 -0400, Steve W. wrote:

34. This one is a little unusual in that some people might recommend
that its purpose not be discussed in polite company:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic34a.jpg

A pee chute for liberated women? ;-)

Correct! Except it's for use by a man who wants to keep his shoes dry.
It's called a boot saver and was also used as a cane.

LOL!

Many years ago, I saw an article in Hustler Mag, about some little
funnel-thing somebody was marketing to enable women to pee at a urinal;
there was a pic (from behind) of some woman standing at a urinal using
this little device.

I don't think it ever caught on. ;-)

Thanks!
Rich

Oddly enough..there are a significant number of women who use these
things, but dont wave them around. Long haul truck drivers, tour bus
drivers, etc etc.

I know at least 5 ladies who keep one in their gear.

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Rob H. wrote the following:
These photos were all recently sent to me, the first three were
submitted by people looking to identify the items, I've already posted
them on my site sometime in the last six years so you can test your
memory on them.

30.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic30.jpg

A claw clipper for an animal?

31.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic31.jpg

32.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic32.jpg

These last two haven't been posted on the web site befo

33.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic33a.jpg

A candle holder?

34. This one is a little unusual in that some people might recommend
that its purpose not be discussed in polite company:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...m11/pic34a.jpg

A device for checking plumb?

Rob

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

30.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic30.jpg

I'll go ahead and post the answer for this one, it's a shoemaker's welt
trimmer, a cutting tool used with a pushing motion to trim the outer edge of
a welt after stitching.

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Rob H. wrote the following:
30.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic30.jpg

I'll go ahead and post the answer for this one, it's a shoemaker's
welt trimmer, a cutting tool used with a pushing motion to trim the
outer edge of a welt after stitching.

Rob

The glue all over the handle shoulda given it away. :-)