Posted to rec.woodworking

Default DE-Rusting tools a bad way.... courtesy of Nick Engle.

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On 30 Oct 2010 03:53:44 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

RicodJour wrote in
:

*snip*

Your body has its own defenses. Use them - exercise them. This anti
bacterial _everything_ crap is doing way more harm than good.

My favorite is the automatic soap dispenser. How conveinent that pressing
on the germy handle puts soap in your hands to kill the germs.

C'mon, Pucky. Don't you wipe some of the drippy soap onto the germy
button before pressing it?

But then how does one get out of the bathroom? Some folks don't wash
their hands after using the restroom. We're stranded until someone
else comes in!

Paper towel on the handle. Except they've demonstrated that the slot in the
towel dispenser is just Loaded with bacteria ...

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ocal,
J. Clarke wrote:
I don't rip off a piece of the towel. And if the company was not
bright enough to put a trash basket by the exit door I throw the towel
on the floor. If enough people would do this even the dimmest janitor
will quickly catch on and put a basket by the exit door - just as it
should be everywhere.

But what do you do when the response to this is to remove the towel
dispenser and replace it with one of the hot-air thingies?

Become a Muslim. They only eat with their right hand and only wipe their
arses with their left - at least - I think it's that way round.

So, by extrapolation, you only open the exit door with your left hand. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

What dialect of Engrish puts a "hyphen" character in the middle of a word
before a prefix "unschooled" Mr. Dictionary, other than "co-op"?

One more question.
Why do you keep changing nicknames in the Usenet groups?

"RicodJour" wrote in message
In any event, I have a drawer of sketchy knives that visitors,
children and other un-schooled interlopers are welcome to use and
abuse. Touch my good knives (or chisels) and I'll hurt you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

A "chelator" and "source" are opposites.

Chelator is typically when an amino acid bonds to a mineral and the mineral
becomes inaccessible for usage.

"Father Haskell" wrote in message
If you used molasses, they'd smell like rum.

http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/ru...t_molasses.htm

Molasses is a strong chelation agent, meaning it has a
strong affinity for certain inorganics, in this case iron. That's
why black strap is one of the best sources of dietary
iron.

On Oct 29, 11:13 am, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote:
I recently tried using Nick Engle's potato solution for getting rid of
rust. I found it searching the internet and decided not to do the
reverse electrolytic process I had found.

I am not sure this method of using potatoes was a good idea. I think I
could have gotten the same results without the potatoes using just oil
and elbow grease. The biggest downside is the stink of the potato
solution, and now the tools stink. I can't get rid of the stink.

I don't recommend this. I have tried mineral spirits, acetone, alchohol,
etc... nothing will get rid of the smell. 1month after it still stinks.

Go electrolytic, don't follow his advice it is bad.... real bad.