Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lee Valley

I got to London a bit early today and had a couple of hours to kill.
Angela's plane from Ottawa had a late start and had to fly into a
pretty stiff breeze. So what is a man to do on Oxford Street, 3
minutes away from the airport? Well he gets to walk around Lee Valley
of course. I fondled stuff. Bought some stuff. Life is frickin'
awesome!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I got to London a bit early today and had a couple of hours to kill.
Angela's plane from Ottawa had a late start and had to fly into a
pretty stiff breeze. So what is a man to do on Oxford Street, 3
minutes away from the airport? Well he gets to walk around Lee Valley
of course. I fondled stuff. Bought some stuff. Life is frickin'
awesome!

So, what was this little bit of stuff like that you fondled?
Was she noice ??

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 20:34:22 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

I got to London a bit early today and had a couple of hours to kill.
Angela's plane from Ottawa had a late start and had to fly into a
pretty stiff breeze. So what is a man to do on Oxford Street, 3
minutes away from the airport? Well he gets to walk around Lee Valley
of course. I fondled stuff. Bought some stuff. Life is frickin'
awesome!

YOU SUCK!

--
Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people.
Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 18:47:53 +1000, "George W Frost"
wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I got to London a bit early today and had a couple of hours to kill.
Angela's plane from Ottawa had a late start and had to fly into a
pretty stiff breeze. So what is a man to do on Oxford Street, 3
minutes away from the airport? Well he gets to walk around Lee Valley
of course. I fondled stuff. Bought some stuff. Life is frickin'
awesome!

So, what was this little bit of stuff like that you fondled?
Was she noice ??

New Lee Valley store opening in WAterloo next month - less than a
mile from home!!!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 25, 2:47*am, "George W Frost" wrote:

So, what was this little bit of stuff like that you fondled?
Was she noice ??

No ice ? In Canada ?

Maybe in August, but ... otherwise .... ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
I got to London a bit early today and had a couple of hours to kill.
Angela's plane from Ottawa had a late start and had to fly into a
pretty stiff breeze. So what is a man to do on Oxford Street, 3
minutes away from the airport? Well he gets to walk around Lee Valley
of course. I fondled stuff. Bought some stuff. Life is frickin'
awesome!

YOU SUCK!

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...atoy/IKNOW.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I got to London a bit early today and had a couple of hours to kill.
Angela's plane from Ottawa had a late start and had to fly into a
pretty stiff breeze. So what is a man to do on Oxford Street, 3
minutes away from the airport? Well he gets to walk around Lee Valley
of course. I fondled stuff. Bought some stuff. Life is frickin'
awesome!

So, what was this little bit of stuff like that you fondled?
Was she noice ??

*New Lee Valley store opening in WAterloo next month - less than a
mile from home!!!

You're in KW? Cool!
If this interests you at all:
http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9089
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
I got to London a bit early today and had a couple of hours to kill.
Angela's plane from Ottawa had a late start and had to fly into a
pretty stiff breeze. So what is a man to do on Oxford Street, 3
minutes away from the airport? Well he gets to walk around Lee Valley
of course. I fondled stuff. Bought some stuff. Life is frickin'
awesome!

YOU SUCK!

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...atoy/IKNOW.jpg

If you hold your hands out really quickly, you might catch that guy's
eyes before they hit the floor. He's excited, wot?

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 25, 2:31*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 18:47:53 +1000, "George W Frost"

*New Lee Valley store opening in WAterloo next month - less than a
mile from home!!!

You suck too!

On the other hand, your cost of living might have taken a substantial
hit!!!

In that case....you deserve it. ;^)

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

I hear a Lowe's is setting up shop also!

Does this mean they will have to double all the US price tags before they
open?

wrote in message
New Lee Valley store opening in WAterloo next month - less than a
mile from home!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 13:30:57 -0400, "Josepi"
wrote:

I hear a Lowe's is setting up shop also!

They have to replace the burned-off roof before they can open.

I sure hope they are better than tha Home Despot and Rona stores in
the area.

From what I hear from Burlington? their prices ARE competetive.

I still like buying my lumber from Fairway Home in St Jacobs or the
former Beaver on Park Street and my hardware from Glenbriar Home
Hardware (or for the more specialized stuff, Spae Naur).

For quantities of low end bolts etc, nothing beats TSC - buy by the
lb.

Does this mean they will have to double all the US price tags before they
open?

wrote in message
.. .
New Lee Valley store opening in WAterloo next month - less than a
mile from home!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
For quantities of low end bolts etc, nothing beats TSC - buy by the lb.

What is TSC? I doubt you mean The Shopping Channel.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tractor Supply Company http://www.tscstores.com/stage/index.php

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
What is TSC? I doubt you mean The Shopping Channel.

Tractor Supply Company http://www.tscstores.com/stage/index.php

Hmmm, that's why I've never heard of them. They're all over Ontario *except*
for Toronto. Guess I have to get out more.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/26/10 6:14 PM, Upscale wrote:
wrote in message
What is TSC? I doubt you mean The Shopping Channel.

Tractor Supply Company http://www.tscstores.com/stage/index.php

Hmmm, that's why I've never heard of them. They're all over Ontario *except*
for Toronto. Guess I have to get out more.

Yep, I know, they are interesting, but it is an event to get to one from
Toronto.
Look on the bright side, we have three Lee Valley stores.
:-)

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Is that at Erb and Ira Needles area?

I always like Fairway too. Good quality stuff. Beaver not too bad. Can't
afford Glenbriar's plumbing or noses in the air, even when I didn't
curl...LOL

wrote:

I hear a Lowe's is setting up shop also!

They have to replace the burned-off roof before they can open.

I sure hope they are better than tha Home Despot and Rona stores in
the area.

From what I hear from Burlington? their prices ARE competetive.

I still like buying my lumber from Fairway Home in St Jacobs or the
former Beaver on Park Street and my hardware from Glenbriar Home
Hardware (or for the more specialized stuff, Spae Naur).

For quantities of low end bolts etc, nothing beats TSC - buy by the
lb.

Does this mean they will have to double all the US price tags before they
open?

wrote in message
.. .
New Lee Valley store opening in WAterloo next month - less than a
mile from home!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
Yep, I know, they are interesting, but it is an event to get to one from
Toronto.
Look on the bright side, we have three Lee Valley stores.

Guess it makes sense, set up shop where the market lives. There are no
farmers in Toronto except for the grow-op dealers operate.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
For quantities of low end bolts etc, nothing beats TSC - buy by the lb.

What is TSC? I doubt you mean The Shopping Channel.

Tractor Supply Company http://www.tscstores.com/stage/index.php

Oh, I thought it was your ho-hum, everyday Canuckistani store (which
is Princess Auto Parts' brother company)

Tennies, Steers, and Condoms.

You GWNers sure choose unusual store names.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 16:03:58 -0400, "Upscale"
wrote:

wrote in message
For quantities of low end bolts etc, nothing beats TSC - buy by the lb.

What is TSC? I doubt you mean The Shopping Channel.

Tractor Supply Company. The Rural hardware store.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 18:33:14 -0400, "Josepi"
wrote:

Is that at Erb and Ira Needles area?

You got it.

I always like Fairway too. Good quality stuff.

My end of town too, and they will deliver the big stuff free in
Waterloo.

Beaver not too bad.

They have a much bigger hardware/retail area than Fairway, but don't
have nearly the "mill" facility.

Can't
afford Glenbriar's plumbing or noses in the air, even when I didn't
curl...LOL

Onr thing Glenbriar IS good at, which doesn't cost a cent, is SERVICE.
But I know what you mean - their plumbing section is "dreams only".
Enough millionaires, multimillionairs and billionaires in "silicon
valley north" to keep the lights on in the store though- - - - - - .

.. .
wrote:

I hear a Lowe's is setting up shop also!

They have to replace the burned-off roof before they can open.

I sure hope they are better than tha Home Despot and Rona stores in
the area.

From what I hear from Burlington? their prices ARE competetive.

I still like buying my lumber from Fairway Home in St Jacobs or the
former Beaver on Park Street and my hardware from Glenbriar Home
Hardware (or for the more specialized stuff, Spae Naur).

For quantities of low end bolts etc, nothing beats TSC - buy by the
lb.

Does this mean they will have to double all the US price tags before they
open?

wrote in message
. ..
New Lee Valley store opening in WAterloo next month - less than a
mile from home!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Low grade bolts could cost them a lot of money if they are not labeled
correctly or with warnings. Tractors and trucks rely on quality bolts
that don't break or snap apart. Head stamps helps this. But false stamps
are rampant. They even got into the airline industry.

They have a lot of odds and ends and cater mostly to the 4-H and 1 horse
families. In a pinch, a brazing rod can be found or flux - They sell
small farm - e.g. banker farm size tractors and such.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 9/26/2010 7:10 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
wrote:

For quantities of low end bolts etc, nothing beats TSC - buy by the
lb.

I like TSC, but I'm fully aware of the quality trade offs when buying from
them. Most of their stuff is low quality. They count on an emotional
customer base that still believes there is some connection to the fabled
honest farmer of Americana. I did notice you stated "low end bolts" - a bit
better grade of fastener would eliminate that need for quantities of that
low end junk.

That said - it is really fun to walk into the place...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

Low grade bolts could cost them a lot of money if they are not labeled
correctly or with warnings. Tractors and trucks rely on quality bolts
that don't break or snap apart. Head stamps helps this. But false
stamps are rampant. They even got into the airline industry.

Not at all. Neither the OP or myself said they were labeled improperly.
You can buy low grade bolts anywhere. It would be your choice to do so. My
response was that one would not need to buy large quantities is one bought a
higher grade fastener.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:10:36 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

For quantities of low end bolts etc, nothing beats TSC - buy by the
lb.

I like TSC, but I'm fully aware of the quality trade offs when buying from
them. Most of their stuff is low quality. They count on an emotional
customer base that still believes there is some connection to the fabled
honest farmer of Americana. I did notice you stated "low end bolts" - a bit
better grade of fastener would eliminate that need for quantities of that
low end junk.

That said - it is really fun to walk into the place...

Actually their bolt quality is pretty good for a grade 3? fastener.

That's what I meant by "low end" bolts - not Grade 5 or Grade 8.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 07:26:27 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

Low grade bolts could cost them a lot of money if they are not labeled
correctly or with warnings. Tractors and trucks rely on quality bolts
that don't break or snap apart. Head stamps helps this. But false
stamps are rampant. They even got into the airline industry.

Not at all. Neither the OP or myself said they were labeled improperly.
You can buy low grade bolts anywhere. It would be your choice to do so. My
response was that one would not need to buy large quantities is one bought a
higher grade fastener.

You tell me how buying a higher grade fastener would replace 100
bolts required for a job that REQUIRES 100 holes be filled, and does
not require the hardness or tensile strength of a grade 5 or grade 8
bolt - with the prescribed 3/8NC bolts being overstrength for the
application by 150% or more??????

Lee Valley does it again Steve Turner[_3_] Woodworking 1 May 11th 10 08:39 PM
Lee valley Lowell Holmes Woodworking 15 September 5th 08 05:12 PM
Lee Valley Joe Woodworking 26 April 12th 06 04:50 AM
Lee Valley does it again! James \Cubby\ Culbertson Woodworking 26 December 10th 04 03:20 AM
Thanks, Lee Valley! Prometheus Woodworking 9 November 2nd 04 02:50 PM