Prometheus

Default Thanks, Lee Valley!

Just wanted to share with you all-

I ordered a set of stainless steel cabinetmaker's rules from Lee
Valley last week, and when they arrived today, the entire box was bent
right in the middle, and three of the rules were bent quite a bit. I
e-mailed LV, and they got back to me within the hour to let me know
that they were shipping replacements tomorrow via an alternate
shipper, and including a shipping tag to return the damaged items.
I've got to say I am impressed- not only are they great pricewise, but
it seems that the customer service is top-notch as well.

Good Job, Mr. Lee- I look forward to buying from you in the future!
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Prometheus wrote:
I've got to say I am impressed- not only are they great pricewise, but
it seems that the customer service is top-notch as well.

I'm not surprised; they enjoy an excellent reputation.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com

Andy Dingley

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:37:11 -0500, Prometheus
wrote:

when they arrived today, the entire box was bent
right in the middle, and three of the rules were bent quite a bit.

One of these days I'm going to order a Unisaw.

Just so I can watch my postman folding it up to fit through the
letterbox....

Mark & Juanita

wrote:

Just wanted to share with you all-

I ordered a set of stainless steel cabinetmaker's rules from Lee
Valley last week, and when they arrived today, the entire box was bent
right in the middle, and three of the rules were bent quite a bit. I
e-mailed LV, and they got back to me within the hour to let me know
that they were shipping replacements tomorrow via an alternate
shipper, and including a shipping tag to return the damaged items.
I've got to say I am impressed- not only are they great pricewise, but
it seems that the customer service is top-notch as well.

Good Job, Mr. Lee- I look forward to buying from you in the future!

Lee Valley is a stand-up outfit. Service to the customer? What a
concept! Rob, keep yourself healthy, we want you around a good long time!

Kennor

I really shouldn't read these messages. Your message led me to the
Lee-Valley site where I dropped $400 on stuff I need, but didn't know it
yet. My shopping cart was approaching a grand, so I thinned it out.
I'm so very weak! Can't wait for my new toys.....

"Prometheus" wrote in message
Just wanted to share with you all-

I ordered a set of stainless steel cabinetmaker's rules from Lee
Valley last week, and when they arrived today, the entire box was bent
right in the middle, and three of the rules were bent quite a bit. I
e-mailed LV, and they got back to me within the hour to let me know
that they were shipping replacements tomorrow via an alternate
shipper, and including a shipping tag to return the damaged items.
I've got to say I am impressed- not only are they great pricewise, but
it seems that the customer service is top-notch as well.

Good Job, Mr. Lee- I look forward to buying from you in the future!

Silvan

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Lee Valley is a stand-up outfit. Service to the customer? What a
concept! Rob, keep yourself healthy, we want you around a good long time!

I second that. If he hasn't done so already, he should hook up with a Mrs.
Lee and set about cooking up some heirs too, just in case.

The worst thing that could happen to Lee Valley is its being bought out by
Conglom-O.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Jay Knepper

"Silvan" wrote in message
cooking up some heirs too, just in case.

The worst thing that could happen to Lee Valley is its being bought out by
Conglom-O.

Nope, not even close. Everyone would immediately know what to expect.

Far worse for all of us would be for LV to hire a bunch of MBAs, and then
actually listen to them when they say profound MBA things, like (my
favorite) "If you can't measure it, then it doesn't matter."

Methinks that Delta must have made this fatal mistake some time ago.

Jay

B Man

LOL!!

I couldn't agree more!

I remember when my company got into the MBA craze, and what a bunch of text
book smart dummies we had. And when they figured out that they weren't
gonna run the place in 2 years, they all quit.

I'm guessing, but I think Lee Valley's hiring criteria is mainly comprised
of three components:

1) Courtessy
2) Work Ethic
3) Tool Knowledge

I've not come across a single soul in that place that wasn't super friendly.
A couple of times I have to say that the staff who have answered my emailed
questions have gone the extra mile (or two) for me (when they didn't carry a
product I needed, they sniffed out other web sources when I couldn't find
them), and they always seem to know what I'm asking about when I've had
questions.

Outstanding. Nothing but wonderful experiences with these guys. Besides -
they always have such COOL kids stuff for Christmas - I get a lot of
stocking stuffers there.

Brian

"Jay Knepper" wrote in message

"Silvan" wrote in message
cooking up some heirs too, just in case.

The worst thing that could happen to Lee Valley is its being bought out
by
Conglom-O.

Nope, not even close. Everyone would immediately know what to expect.

Far worse for all of us would be for LV to hire a bunch of MBAs, and then
actually listen to them when they say profound MBA things, like (my
favorite) "If you can't measure it, then it doesn't matter."

Methinks that Delta must have made this fatal mistake some time ago.

Jay

Glen Duff

I've bought in person and by mail from LV since the early 80's when
Leonard Lee started Lee Valley by opening a small store in Ottawa, Ontario.

Somehow they have managed to maintain a line of excellent products and
if a "dog" manages to get into their line they're the first to admit it.
Their customer service is next to none in any industry and you know
this costs them money. I once returned a product for sharpening twist
drills that I didn't particularly like and I said to the salesman "I
could have sharpened all my drills while I had this at home and just
returned it for the full cost" (I didn't by the way) and his reply was
that it was more important to them that they keep customers satisfied.

Are their prices always the cheapest, probably not, but I for one am not
complaining, there are plenty of places to buy cheap products that break
the first time you use them from people who would never take them back.

Cheers to Lee Valley!

Glen Duff