Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe

Default Lee Valley

I requested catalogs online and they arrived today. I am so impressed
with their line. Spectacular!
Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Joe wrote:

I requested catalogs online and they arrived today. I am so impressed
with their line. Spectacular!

Slippery slope, here you come! Lookout!

dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron

"Joe" wrote in message

I requested catalogs online and they arrived today. I am so impressed
with their line. Spectacular!

Cut it out! Robin's ego will just get bigger!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Taylor

KISS ASSES!
"Joe" wrote in message

I requested catalogs online and they arrived today. I am so impressed
with their line. Spectacular!

Posted to rec.woodworking
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

"Joe" wrote in message

I requested catalogs online and they arrived today. I am so impressed
with their line. Spectacular!

I highly recommend you discard that catalog immediately, delete any
references to Lee Valley from your computer, and seek counselling
immediately. Otherwise, none of us are responsible for your financial ruin!
Seriously though, a class company with great products. I'm glad they're
around!
Cheers,
cc

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 12:26:17 -0700, David wrote:

Joe wrote:

I requested catalogs online and they arrived today. I am so impressed
with their line. Spectacular!

Slippery slope, here you come! Lookout!

Yeah - for sure.

dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 20:09:48 GMT, "Vic Baron" wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
.. .

I requested catalogs online and they arrived today. I am so impressed
with their line. Spectacular!

Cut it out! Robin's ego will just get bigger!!!

nah... He pays for these posts.. *g*

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Vic Baron (in ) said:

| "Joe" wrote in message
|| I requested catalogs online and they arrived today. I am so
|| impressed with their line. Spectacular!
|
| Cut it out! Robin's ego will just get bigger!!!

Just to keep things in balance: This morning I ordered some drill
bushings from LV and - since I'm planning on installing them in a
metal fixture - I asked how they were threaded. They promised (and
did) send the info via e-mail...

quote
The measurements you requested for the Insert # 25K6220, the 5/16"
Bushing #25K6205 and the 1/4" Bushing #25K6204 are all the same at ¼
x 20.

Hope this information is helpful to you.
/quote

I'm still puzzling over how the factory drills a 5/16" hole thru a
bushing with outside 1/4-20 threads...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

When you spin the drill really, really fast, it drills undersized. So a
5/16" drill bit will fit inside the root of a 1/4-20 thread. Right?

grin!

Sigh.

Even the 1/4" bushing can't have a 1/4-20 outside thread. My guess is that
you'll need a 3/8-16 tap sometime soon if not a 1/2-13

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking
Australopithecus scobis

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 00:13:08 +0000, replyonline opined:

When you spin the drill really, really fast, it drills undersized. So a
5/16" drill bit will fit inside the root of a 1/4-20 thread. Right?

If you use a long enough drill and spin it really, really fast, you can
create a singularity for which the diameter is undefined. Any size
bushing will work then.

--
"Keep your ass behind you"
wreck20051219 at spambob.net

Posted to rec.woodworking
graham

Joe wrote:

I requested catalogs online and they arrived today. I am so impressed
with their line. Spectacular!

Great shop.
I bought a twin-screw vice from them (via a UK importer) back in 2000,
fiddled a bit and stuck it on a shelf until the bench was built...
Last summer, ahem, finally got round to test fitting it on the bench
top, and woe of woes halfway in the threads seized in the nuts. All
sorts of crude measuring and meddling later I couldn't work it out, but
thought I'd try filing the sticking parts of the threads. Discussed my
plan with Lee Valley/Veritas and they replaced it for me! Priceless service.
I also really like the way they innovate with their tools.

g.
Posted to rec.woodworking

And, with equal probability, no size bushing will work. ;-)

That's the nice thing about shop-built singularities ... if they don't do
what you want them to, you can always eBay 'em to some guy on the other side
of the planet who needs the opposite probability from you. Kinda like
digging through the earth to end up upside down in China. (Don't lose your
grip .... the acceleration near the middle of the earth is NOT the be
believed. You'll come to halt right at the lip of the hole back where you
started ... in mist form.)

Or maybe not.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Daly

On 10-Apr-2006, "Jay Pique" wrote:

With or without a coconut?

???

JP

JP demonstrates that he's one of the only males in the western world who
doesn't get Monty Python references.

Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique

Michael Daly wrote:
On 10-Apr-2006, "Jay Pique" wrote:

With or without a coconut?

???

JP

JP demonstrates that he's one of the only males in the western world who
doesn't get Monty Python references.

What I've seen of Mr. Python's moviesI really like. I really must make
a point of digesting the entire body of work. For so long I was just a
child, ignorant of real humor....although I *did* devour everything
Bill Watterson ever wrote regarding my friends Calvin and Hobbes.

JP
******************
G.R.O.S.s

Posted to rec.woodworking

Enoch Root wrote:

With or without a coconut?

Doesn't really matter, 'cause coconuts aren't miGRAtory.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Daly

On 10-Apr-2006, "Jay Pique" wrote:

What I've seen of Mr. Python's moviesI really like. I really must make
a point of digesting the entire body of work.

Maybe you should reconsider - women think more highly of men that don't
know or quote Monty Python material.

Mike
Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , Michael Daly
wrote:

Maybe you should reconsider - women think more highly of men that don't
know or quote Monty Python material.

Maybe you should reconsider the women you know...

Albatross!
Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article , Michael Daly
wrote:

Maybe you should reconsider - women think more highly of men that don't
know or quote Monty Python material.

Maybe you should reconsider the women you know...

Albatross!

Newly single, I'm willing to try anything. My Dumb & Dumber references
seem to be falling on deaf ears.

JP
ISO gorgeous heterochromatic animal lover. Must be cool.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article .com, Jay
Pique wrote:

Newly single, I'm willing to try anything. My Dumb & Dumber references
seem to be falling on deaf ears.

Have you tried the Blazing Saddles fallback?
Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article .com, Jay
Pique wrote:

Newly single, I'm willing to try anything. My Dumb & Dumber references
seem to be falling on deaf ears.

Have you tried the Blazing Saddles fallback?

Oh mang. Thate iss--oh mang.

er
--
email not valid
Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article .com, Jay
Pique wrote:

Newly single, I'm willing to try anything. My Dumb & Dumber references
seem to be falling on deaf ears.

Have you tried the Blazing Saddles fallback?

No - but I'll definitely try "Excuse me while I whip this out" at the
next available opportunity. As long as you're sure it will work.

JP
And yes, I'd love another schnitzengruben.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On 11 Apr 2006 17:36:24 -0700, "Jay Pique" wrote:

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article .com, Jay
Pique wrote:

Newly single, I'm willing to try anything. My Dumb & Dumber references
seem to be falling on deaf ears.

Have you tried the Blazing Saddles fallback?

No - but I'll definitely try "Excuse me while I whip this out" at the
next available opportunity. As long as you're sure it will work.

JP

Oh, it will work alright. Probably not in the way you might want, but it
will work. ;-)

And yes, I'd love another schnitzengruben.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , Mark & Juanita
wrote:

Oh, it will work alright. Probably not in the way you might want, but it
will work. ;-)

Whatever happened to simply sharing your schnickengruben with a woman?

There's no romance left in the world...