Lew Hodgett

Default OT--You Know You Don't Live In California When...

"Morris Dovey" writes:

Have you forgotten to apply Sturgeon's Law? Ninety percent of the
stuff on TV /is/ crap. If you're not selective, then ninety
percent of the time spent watching TV is wasted. If you /are/
selective, you can shrink the waste considerably.

For many years now, my definition of television programming has been:

"Designed by and executed for congenital idiots"

Even the news programs appear to be designed to be more entertaining than
informative.

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures

Charlie Self

Lew Hodgett responds:

For many years now, my definition of television programming has been:

"Designed by and executed for congenital idiots"

Even the news programs appear to be designed to be more entertaining than
informative.

Well, that's one thing I have to give Parkersburg. No one designed their local
news show.

Charlie Self
"Adam and Eve had many advantages but the principal one was that they escaped
teething." Mark Twain
Charles Spitzer

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Tom Watson writes:

There are still vast areas of this country where a man's word is his
bond - won't see that much on TV. There are still huge sectors of our
country where a neighbor will be helped out of common human decency -
but I don't see that reflected in that media mirror.

And you'll find in future fewer and fewer of those good people because of

it.

A quick question: there's a show, such as it is, called American Idol.

I've
watched parts of it twice. There's a little Brit accented prick on there

who is
the nastiest piece of work I've ever seen on the idjit box--real life

style,
sorta. Don't know his name, but he's easy enough to spot once the mouths

move.

Dop they pay that little piece of ****, or do they just refrain from

torturing
and killing him.

Charlie Self
"It is not strange... to mistake change for progress." Millard Fillmore

if you watch the credits, i think you'll find that he's the owner of the
company that is producing the show, along with being the owner of the idea
of the show, and is also the owner of the record company that gives the
winner the final recording contract.

i believe he personally made something like 90 million from the previous
season.

regards,
charlie
cave creek, az

Charles Spitzer

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

No, "nice" doesn't sell advertising. That's what drives the
media nowadays. "News" is secondary to exploitation and selling
SUVs and fake pizza. Have you seen what a small 3x5" display ad
in the local newspaper costs nowadays? In Vista, it was over a
GRAND A WEEK, and that was if I provided camera-ready art. I don't
even want to think what a NYT or LATte ad costs. How many mil to
put half a minute on the Stupor Bowel?

$2.3 million for a 30 second spot

This rant is wandering a good bit - and so I'll shut it off. I still
meet good people - and I meet them in all kinds of places - but the
culture (writ large) that I live in - doesn't give them the respect or
encouragement that they deserve.

This saddens me greatly.

Hear, hear! And when you look around and see the corruption in
politics (both sides of the aisle), Faith-Based preemptive wars
being started over oil, Americans being herded, rights being taken
away in the name of totally false "security", it's obviously time to

REBOOT AMERICA!

- Boldly going - * Wondrous Website Design
- nowhere. - * http://www.diversify.com

Charlie Self

Charlie Spitzer notes:
Dop they pay that little piece of ****, or do they just refrain from
torturing
and killing him.

Charlie Self
"It is not strange... to mistake change for progress." Millard Fillmore

if you watch the credits, i think you'll find that he's the owner of the
company that is producing the show, along with being the owner of the idea
of the show, and is also the owner of the record company that gives the
winner the final recording contract.

i believe he personally made something like 90 million from the previous
season.

Now there's a sad statement on the world.

Charlie Self
"Adam and Eve had many advantages but the principal one was that they escaped
teething." Mark Twain
J T

Too much crack smoking in California.
http://www.coopsjokes.com/toons6/gifs/coot_jim.jpg

JOAT
Don't e-mail me while I'm breathing.

Charlie Self

JOAT posts:

Too much crack smoking in California.
http://www.coopsjokes.com/toons6/gifs/coot_jim.jpg

LMAO.

But I'd guess that would more likely be around Raleigh.

Charlie Self
"Adam and Eve had many advantages but the principal one was that they escaped
teething." Mark Twain
mttt

Default OT--You Know You Don't Live Live......

"Swingman" wrote in message

Thinking back on his visit, I can't remember when I've enjoyed anything as
much as having Uncle Teet sitting in my shop. He didn't talk a lot, mostly
just sat and watched, but he had a look of approval in his eye that was,

as
they say on the commercials, priceless. When he left to go back home, two

Good on' ya Swing!
Think St. Peter just nudged the door open a smidge wider for you!
Good on ya!

live dish washer Geoff UK diy 10 June 4th 04 08:55 AM
should unswitched live should as live on a neon screwdriver? dave L UK diy 22 November 20th 03 12:43 PM
F&G Concept 2000 Consumer Unit Live Busbar Query Andy Taylor UK diy 1 September 3rd 03 01:52 PM
California Holiday Don Murray Metalworking 7 July 31st 03 07:24 AM