Charles Spitzer

Default OT--You Know You Don't Live In California When...

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

No, "nice" doesn't sell advertising. That's what drives the
media nowadays. "News" is secondary to exploitation and selling
SUVs and fake pizza. Have you seen what a small 3x5" display ad
in the local newspaper costs nowadays? In Vista, it was over a
GRAND A WEEK, and that was if I provided camera-ready art. I don't
even want to think what a NYT or LATte ad costs. How many mil to
put half a minute on the Stupor Bowel?

$2.3 million for a 30 second spot

This rant is wandering a good bit - and so I'll shut it off. I still
meet good people - and I meet them in all kinds of places - but the
culture (writ large) that I live in - doesn't give them the respect or
encouragement that they deserve.

This saddens me greatly.

Hear, hear! And when you look around and see the corruption in
politics (both sides of the aisle), Faith-Based preemptive wars
being started over oil, Americans being herded, rights being taken
away in the name of totally false "security", it's obviously time to

REBOOT AMERICA!

- Boldly going - * Wondrous Website Design
- nowhere. - * http://www.diversify.com