Posted to rec.woodworking
Me Me is offline

Default removing pulley

I bought the set of machined pulleys for my delta contractors saw. Any
hints on how to get the nut loose from the saw arbor? I tried vise grips on
the shaft, level to try to jamb it against the shaft and housing, and
several other things. Can't get enough clearance to get a good grip on it.
Maybe removing the top is the next step - but then I'd have to get it
aligned - correctly. TIA
Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

On Apr 2, 6:22*pm, me wrote:
I bought the set of machined pulleys for my delta contractors saw. Any
hints on how to get the nut loose from the saw arbor? I tried vise grips on
the shaft, level to try to jamb it against the shaft and housing, and
several other things. Can't get enough clearance to get a good grip on it..
Maybe removing the top is the next step - but then I'd have to get it
aligned - correctly. TIA

Well, there's always the ritual spritzing of the assembly with a
solvent, a gentle percussive event, and then heat. HTH. Or maybe first
check your thread direction...Tom
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 2, 10:45*pm, tom wrote:
On Apr 2, 6:22*pm, me wrote: I bought the set of machined pulleys for my delta contractors saw. Any
hints on how to get the nut loose from the saw arbor? I tried vise grips on
the shaft, level to try to jamb it against the shaft and housing, and
several other things. Can't get enough clearance to get a good grip on it.
Maybe removing the top is the next step - but then I'd have to get it
aligned - correctly. TIA

*Well, there's always the ritual spritzing of the assembly with a
solvent, a gentle percussive event, and then heat. HTH. Or maybe first
check your thread direction...Tom

Does it have right hand theads or left hand threads?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 20:45:08 -0700 (PDT), the infamous tom
scrawled the following:

On Apr 2, 6:22*pm, me wrote:
I bought the set of machined pulleys for my delta contractors saw. Any
hints on how to get the nut loose from the saw arbor? I tried vise grips on
the shaft, level to try to jamb it against the shaft and housing, and
several other things. Can't get enough clearance to get a good grip on it.
Maybe removing the top is the next step - but then I'd have to get it
aligned - correctly. TIA

Well, there's always the ritual spritzing of the assembly with a
solvent, a gentle percussive event, and then heat. HTH. Or maybe first
check your thread direction...Tom

Well done, sir. bseg

--
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent,
but the one most responsive to change.
Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

On Apr 3, 4:17*pm, Larry Jaques wrote:

Well done, sir. *bseg

--
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent,
but the one most responsive to change.

Thank you, sir. Maybe I should have asked about setscrews? Tom