Posted to rec.woodworking
jack-bench.com jack-bench.com is offline

Default removing pulley

On Apr 2, 10:45*pm, tom wrote:
On Apr 2, 6:22*pm, me wrote: I bought the set of machined pulleys for my delta contractors saw. Any
hints on how to get the nut loose from the saw arbor? I tried vise grips on
the shaft, level to try to jamb it against the shaft and housing, and
several other things. Can't get enough clearance to get a good grip on it.
Maybe removing the top is the next step - but then I'd have to get it
aligned - correctly. TIA

*Well, there's always the ritual spritzing of the assembly with a
solvent, a gentle percussive event, and then heat. HTH. Or maybe first
check your thread direction...Tom

Does it have right hand theads or left hand threads?