Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Saw Stop - Oregon

Nothing more than a self serving, liberal, pouring of perfumed
altruistic spin on a pile of bull**** in an attempt to mask the stink of
GREED.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 14, 12:32*pm, Swingman wrote:
Nothing more than a self serving, liberal, pouring of perfumed
altruistic spin on a pile of bull**** in an attempt to mask the stink of
GREED.

Really now. I'd be interested to discover how you really feel.
..
..
..
*still laffin' me arse off*

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 14, 10:37*am, Robatoy wrote:
On Mar 14, 12:32*pm, Swingman wrote:

Nothing more than a self serving, liberal, pouring of perfumed
altruistic spin on a pile of bull**** in an attempt to mask the stink of
GREED.

Really now. I'd be interested to discover how you really feel.
.
.
.
*still laffin' me arse off*

I was unclear as well, Karl.

Care to elaborate?

*snort*

And for the rest of you, I do certainly hope that your kids are
permanently hurt in a car wreck (kind of like getting fingers or hands
cut off in a saw) to keep them safe in their later years. Since
something like 93% of all car accidents are from careless errors, a
maiming accident could be of real value. That would help teach the
rest of the folks in your family (maybe even their friends!) about car
safety. That in turn might help keep me and mine safe. Thanks!

Or maybe in a moment of teenage distraction (we KNOW that never
happened to anyone here!) one of your children could lose half a hand
in a saw and be the proud example of tough love to teach the other
kids. That way he could go through life from age 16 a cripple.
BUT.... he would really *understand* saw safety, so you know the price
was right! After all, NO ONE should be allowed a lapse of reason or
attention. Especially not a kid. And if he has his whole life in
front of him, what could be better than to lose a hand early on to
give a lesson that would last a lifetime?

I can see a lot of good sense to being maimed to show tough love. I
don't personally know anyone that wouldn't want their kids to be in as
safe an environment as possible, but I applaud the kick ass
sonofabitches HERE that are glad to see the children of others
sacrificed to make them satisfied. No moral or ethical standard can
be too high when someone else is paying the freight, right?

Following your logic, as long as you tough love hard asses toe the
line at nothing, you could make this world a lot safer. Make sure you
follow this through though, and make sure your families are in this
with all safety devices in their everyday lives.. When a dumb, silly,
or careless mistake costs an eye, an arm, a hand, or a life (theirs or
someone else's) make sure you pat them on the back let them know it
was for their own good!

While I don't want to lose a body part or function of one to make a
point, I would be more than glad to hear or better yet see any
permanent, crippling or at least debilitating damage that you guys
have that you felt was particularly helpful in your personal
development. This doesn't have to be woodworking related.

I would love to see a proudly displayed stump of yours or maybe a
family member that you (and them) feel that the lesson learned from a
second of inattention or simple bad judgment was worth the price paid.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
Nothing more than a self serving, liberal, pouring of perfumed
altruistic spin on a pile of bull**** in an attempt to mask the stink
of GREED.

"Greed" is good. As one great worthy of antiquity said: "If not for greed,
no man would marry, build a home, or father a child."

If anything, it is the RESULT of some greed that is bad, not the inclination
itself.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 14, 6:26*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Swingman wrote:
Nothing more than a self serving, liberal, pouring of perfumed
altruistic spin on a pile of bull**** in an attempt to mask the stink
of GREED.

"Greed" is good. As one great worthy of antiquity said: "If not for greed,
no man would marry, build a home, or father a child."

If anything, it is the RESULT of some greed that is bad, not the inclination
itself.

IOW, Money is not the root of all evil... the love for it is.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/14/2010 5:26 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Swingman wrote:
Nothing more than a self serving, liberal, pouring of perfumed
altruistic spin on a pile of bull**** in an attempt to mask the stink
of GREED.

"Greed" is good. As one great worthy of antiquity said: "If not for greed,
no man would marry, build a home, or father a child."

If anything, it is the RESULT of some greed that is bad, not the inclination
itself.

Not necessarily, depends on the definition and context, as in this case:

"excessive or rapacious desire, esp. for wealth or possessions"

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
On Mar 14, 6:26 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Swingman wrote:
Nothing more than a self serving, liberal, pouring of perfumed
altruistic spin on a pile of bull**** in an attempt to mask the
stink of GREED.

"Greed" is good. As one great worthy of antiquity said: "If not for
greed, no man would marry, build a home, or father a child."

If anything, it is the RESULT of some greed that is bad, not the
inclination itself.

IOW, Money is not the root of all evil... the love for it is.

Nope. The evil is solely in the methods and effects of following your heart.
Many a woman marries for the love of money, to the gratification of all
involved.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 07:17:02 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

Robatoy wrote:
On Mar 14, 6:26 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Swingman wrote:
Nothing more than a self serving, liberal, pouring of perfumed
altruistic spin on a pile of bull**** in an attempt to mask the
stink of GREED.

"Greed" is good. As one great worthy of antiquity said: "If not for
greed, no man would marry, build a home, or father a child."

If anything, it is the RESULT of some greed that is bad, not the
inclination itself.

IOW, Money is not the root of all evil... the love for it is.

Nope. The evil is solely in the methods and effects of following your heart.
Many a woman marries for the love of money, to the gratification of all
involved.

....but in particular, the lawyers.