Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Festool in Oregon.

Given that Festool blocks competitive pricing, delivery time seems to
be the only real advantage left so I would like to buy some festool
equipment from an online supplier in Oregon or Washington in order to
minimize shipping time and I need recommendations. Please.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 26, 8:41 am, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 23:30:08 -0700, cyril.jackson wrote:
Given that Festool blocks competitive pricing, delivery time seems to
be the only real advantage left so I would like to buy some festool
equipment from an online supplier in Oregon or Washington in order to
minimize shipping time and I need recommendations. Please.

Thanks.

Woodcraft

I prefer to support one of the smaller woodworking firms. Woodcraft
and Rockler tend to be my last resort.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 26, 8:41 am, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 23:30:08 -0700, cyril.jackson wrote:
Given that Festool blocks competitive pricing, delivery time seems to
be the only real advantage left so I would like to buy some festool
equipment from an online supplier in Oregon or Washington in order to
minimize shipping time and I need recommendations. Please.

Thanks.

Woodcraft

I prefer to support one of the smaller woodworking firms. Woodcraft
and Rockler tend to be my last resort.

That is very noble. You are aware the stores are individually owned, aren't
you?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 26, 2:03 pm, Jane & David wrote:
In article . com,

wrote:
On Oct 26, 8:41 am, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 23:30:08 -0700, cyril.jackson wrote:
Given that Festool blocks competitive pricing, delivery time seems to
be the only real advantage left so I would like to buy some festool
equipment from an online supplier in Oregon or Washington in order to
minimize shipping time and I need recommendations. Please.

Thanks.

Woodcraft

I prefer to support one of the smaller woodworking firms. Woodcraft
and Rockler tend to be my last resort.

Woodcrafters (they had this name before there was a Woodcraft, I think)
in NE Portland is a Festool dealer. They don't have an on-line catalog,
but would probably take phone orders. They are good people to do
business with. That said, many Festool orders are taken by dealers and
shipped directly from Festool, so there may not be a delivery time
advantage.

Two other good local businesses are Tool Peddler on SE 82nd and Western
Tool, both have good selections of tools but I don't know if either
sells Festool.

PDX David

Thanks. I used WoodCrafters recently for an Amana router bit. They
were great.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 26, 11:25 am, "Toller" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com... On Oct 26, 8:41 am, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 23:30:08 -0700, cyril.jackson wrote:
Given that Festool blocks competitive pricing, delivery time seems to
be the only real advantage left so I would like to buy some festool
equipment from an online supplier in Oregon or Washington in order to
minimize shipping time and I need recommendations. Please.

Thanks.

Woodcraft

I prefer to support one of the smaller woodworking firms. Woodcraft
and Rockler tend to be my last resort.

That is very noble. You are aware the stores are individually owned, aren't
you?

Yes. As are many Starbucks stores.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 25, 11:30 pm, wrote:
Given that Festool blocks competitive pricing, delivery time seems to
be the only real advantage left so I would like to buy some festool
equipment from an online supplier in Oregon or Washington in order to
minimize shipping time and I need recommendations. Please.

Thanks.

I eventually bought this from a local dealer that had the items i
needed in stock. Thanks for all the help and advice.