Schroeder

Default Milling Some Maple in Oregon

Am milling some maple in NW Oregon, near Sheridan. I have a miller that
will charge $.35 /L.F. to saw. I have more logs than I need (can afford to
have cut). Some are Birdseye/high figure. If Someone local in the area
wants to pay for their part of the sawing, you can have the rest. We would
probably have to help the sawyer the days he mills too. I have the logs on
the landing and am shipping to the mill next week, after that its whenever
he can cut them. Logs are bucked into 8's, 10's and 12's plus trim. 8" to
about 20", I think there may be 6 - 8 extra logs.

This is a first for me, but thought milling and (air) drying my own lumber
would be the way to go.

E-mail me if you want to try some of the "great experiment" and we'll see
how it goes. ***Put "Maple Logs" in the header or it will get killed

Schroeder
schroede@hotmail

Tattooed and Dusty

I'm in Portland and would love some of or all of those logs.

Musing about up milling, down milling, shearing and scraping. Arch Woodturning 10 February 6th 05 08:11 PM
how to tell hard vs. soft maple harrisrd Woodworking 10 September 21st 03 06:25 PM
milling arbors Harold & Susan Vordos Metalworking 0 September 15th 03 08:51 AM
mapled out Mike in Mystic Woodworking 11 August 30th 03 09:21 PM
Is hard maple the hardest wood? P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 2 July 20th 03 02:40 PM