Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Off Topic: Pine Needle Art

I suppose that this is woodworking related, sort of. At least pine needles
come from a tree.

This guy makes BEARS from pine needles. He also carves antlers. Real
interesting stuff.

http://www.whereartmeetstheheart.com....shtml#rcbears

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 03/04/2010 04:30 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:
I suppose that this is woodworking related, sort of. At least pine needles
come from a tree.

This guy makes BEARS from pine needles. He also carves antlers. Real
interesting stuff.

http://www.whereartmeetstheheart.com....shtml#rcbears

WOW!

There's a group of ladies around here that make baskets and such from
longleaf needles(their longer) but nothing like that.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave Balderstone" wrote

There's a group of ladies around here that make baskets and such from
longleaf needles(their longer) but nothing like that.

Why do such talented, artistic people so often have web sites I can't
look at without feeling I'm about to have a seizure?

Good grief, that's UGLY!

--

I agree, but the bears are great!
I guess if he spent his time building the website he wouldn't have time for

Posted to rec.woodworking

That is so funny, that wa sthe only comment I was going to make. I
palnned to say...

I really like the 1990 website, very web 0.9

On Mar 4, 7:59*pm, Dave Balderstone
wrote:
In article ,

basilisk wrote:
On 03/04/2010 04:30 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:
I suppose that this is woodworking related, sort of. At least pine needles
come from a tree.

This guy makes BEARS from pine needles. He also carves antlers. Real
interesting stuff.

http://www.whereartmeetstheheart.com....shtml#rcbears

WOW!

There's a group of ladies around here that make baskets and such from
longleaf needles(their longer) but nothing like that.

Why do such talented, artistic people so often have web sites I can't
look at without feeling I'm about to have a seizure?

Good grief, that's UGLY!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 21:59:10 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone
scrawled the following:

In article ,
basilisk wrote:

On 03/04/2010 04:30 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:
I suppose that this is woodworking related, sort of. At least pine needles
come from a tree.

This guy makes BEARS from pine needles. He also carves antlers. Real
interesting stuff.

http://www.whereartmeetstheheart.com....shtml#rcbears

WOW!

There's a group of ladies around here that make baskets and such from
longleaf needles(their longer) but nothing like that.

Why do such talented, artistic people so often have web sites I can't
look at without feeling I'm about to have a seizure?

Because they either create them themselves or some idiot in the family
volunteers to do if for them and they don't have enough sense to say
"NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!" I've never heard this one before, though:

"This site is image intensive. To best view it as designed, you should
have a highspeed Internet connection, a Firefox browser and a 17 inch
monitor. You should also have the font "Calligrapher" installed."

Good grief! What color should the computer or wall paint be?

Good grief, that's UGLY!

Indeed.

--
An author spends months writing a book, and maybe puts his
heart's blood into it, and then it lies about unread till

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 18:41:53 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone
scrawled the following:

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

Good grief! What color should the computer or wall paint be?

Paisley, methinks.

And I wonder how many people I'll have to stand in line behind before
I can get my $60,000 pine needle bear. thud

--
The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Good grief! What color should the computer or wall paint be?

Paisley, methinks.

And I wonder how many people I'll have to stand in line behind before
I can get my $60,000 pine needle bear. thud

But it'll be one of a kind!

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Good grief! What color should the computer or wall paint be?

Paisley, methinks.

And I wonder how many people I'll have to stand in line behind before
I can get my $60,000 pine needle bear. thud

Here, you can take my place in line, I'll step out an let you ahead of me.

--
The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave Balderstone wrote:

wrote:

Good grief! What color should the computer or wall paint be?

Paisley, methinks.

And I wonder how many people I'll have to stand in line behind before
I can get my $60,000 pine needle bear. thud

Here, you can take my place in line, I'll step out an let you ahead of
me.

HEY! No CUTS!

Fine, you can step ahead of me as well. Happy?

Rob Leatham