Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Waterproof Exterior Wood Garage Door Panels

The sprinkler near the garage door keeps the bottom panel(s) wetter
than otherwise in South Florida's semi-topical climate. It is time to
replace the door panels once again. They are no longer made of the
world's best lumber - style and rail affairs with a plyeood panel
insert.

Last time I tried two coats of exterior primer and three oats of
exterior latex flat and the job didn't last two years in places and I
had to repair sections of the rails.

SO, I thought to check-in here and see if there were any trucks of the
trade one or more of you might share to help me best protect the $130
replacement panels the need replacing now.