Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Multimaster-type tools and blades.

On 2010-03-04, Leon wrote:

really like Bosch tools..for the most part)....

Bosch jes won the jigsaw shootout in the latest Popular Mechanics, for
whatever that's worth.

nb

I can see that. I had my Bosch barrel-grip stolen from me quite a few
years ago. I replaced it with a (get this, Made In Germany) Milwaukee
jigsaw.
I quite like that top handle , but there are times I miss my Bosch
barrel-grip. Great for sink cut-outs and upside down cutting......
still waiting for a sale and I will buy one again. I think that
Milwaukee now makes a barrel grip too, but I will stick with a Bosch.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 10:25:54 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
Snip

I like Bosch, too. My old 14.4v Impactor is getting long in the tooth
at 3 hard years, so I'm in the market for a new one. I paid $230 for
the kit (motor, 2 batts, charger, bits, case.) I just saw an 18v
Milwaukee setup which had the same base kit plus a drill motor for
$199. Anyone with experience on the cordless Milwaukees, 18v
specifically? One thing I really liked about he Bosch is its short
nose. Overall length, from bit to back, was shorter than most. That
proved itself valuable time and again.

Long in the tooth at 3 years old.... I never liked Bosch drills... I
wonder how long my "free" Bosch impactor will last.

I've put up several decks, porches, ramps, platforms (all with 3-1/2"
screws, prolly 150# worth), and some siding with it over those three
years. It runs like a champ, so maybe I'm just wanting more power. It
has been used more than any tool I've ever owned and has held up to
everything I've given it. Having been dropped several times, it's no
longer pristine looking, either. g

I have had a Makita impact driver for 5+ years and see no signs of any
problems. Replaced 1 of the 2 batteries 2 years ago.

Does Makita have kits? I haven't looked into it that deeply yet.

I have hearn nothing good about the Milwaukee cordless drills.

So what have you heard? I just checked the Amazon reviews and they
run about 5:1 pro. I wonder if the people giving the battery reviews
low marks actually charged them first.

--
An author spends months writing a book, and maybe puts his
heart's blood into it, and then it lies about unread till
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:43:36 -0500, the infamous Pat Barber
scrawled the following:

Uh oh.....this sounds like you are going over to
the "dark side". I recall a preacher saying, you
are in a "backslidden condition". (: -(not a real word)

They are building a HF in my neighborhood as we speak.

You suck. Mine's half an hour away. From Vista, CA (my old home), it
was only 15 minutes away.

--
An author spends months writing a book, and maybe puts his
heart's blood into it, and then it lies about unread till
the reader has nothing else in the world to do.
-- W. Somerset Maugham, The Razor's Edge, 1943
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 14:50:53 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:43:36 -0500, the infamous Pat Barber
scrawled the following:

Uh oh.....this sounds like you are going over to
the "dark side". I recall a preacher saying, you
are in a "backslidden condition". (: -(not a real word)

They are building a HF in my neighborhood as we speak.

You suck. Mine's half an hour away. From Vista, CA (my old home), it
was only 15 minutes away.

Closest for us is 3 hours away, in Yuma and it's tiny..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:43:36 -0500, the infamous Pat Barber
scrawled the following:

Uh oh.....this sounds like you are going over to
the "dark side". I recall a preacher saying, you
are in a "backslidden condition". (:-(not a real word)

They are building a HF in my neighborhood as we speak.

You suck. Mine's half an hour away. From Vista, CA (my old home), it
was only 15 minutes away.

Closest for us is 3 hours away, in Yuma and it's tiny..

5 years ago there wasn't one within a day's drive of here--now there are
three within 20 miles. You too will be assimilated . . .

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 23:47:13 -0800, the infamous mac davis
scrawled the following:

wrote:

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:43:36 -0500, the infamous Pat Barber
scrawled the following:

Uh oh.....this sounds like you are going over to
the "dark side". I recall a preacher saying, you
are in a "backslidden condition". (: -(not a real word)

They are building a HF in my neighborhood as we speak.

You suck. Mine's half an hour away. From Vista, CA (my old home), it
was only 15 minutes away.

Closest for us is 3 hours away, in Yuma and it's tiny..

Cheaper to shop by phone, then. Butcha can't feel the items, which
can be a real problem. They still sell a few really cheesy pieces
which you can see are truly crappy, and feeling them confirms the
point. But they're a lot better than they used to be. 40 years ago,
about half the stuff was cheesy. I'm still beating the **** out of
the mechanic's vise I got from the Escondido store 35+ years ago, for
$23 and change. Ditto the 6" Chinese dial calipers, some pry bars, and
a few other things.

--
The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 07:44:02 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

wrote:

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:43:36 -0500, the infamous Pat Barber
scrawled the following:

Uh oh.....this sounds like you are going over to
the "dark side". I recall a preacher saying, you
are in a "backslidden condition". (:-(not a real word)

They are building a HF in my neighborhood as we speak.

You suck. Mine's half an hour away. From Vista, CA (my old home), it
was only 15 minutes away.

Closest for us is 3 hours away, in Yuma and it's tiny..

5 years ago there wasn't one within a day's drive of here--now there are
three within 20 miles. You too will be assimilated . . .

You must live in LoCal. That's real -congestion- for HF stores! I
thought only Wally World and Homey's Despot did that.

--
The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:43:36 -0500, the infamous Pat Barber
scrawled the following:

Uh oh.....this sounds like you are going over to
the "dark side". I recall a preacher saying, you
are in a "backslidden condition". (: -(not a real word)

They are building a HF in my neighborhood as we speak.

You suck. Mine's half an hour away. From Vista, CA (my old home), it
was only 15 minutes away.

Closest for us is 3 hours away, in Yuma and it's tiny..

Cheaper to shop by phone, then.

Then you get your stuff in a beat up cardboard box held together with CatPee
Glue (TM). FedEx guy throws the box on the porch and Runs. If you have dogs
or cats, they Will take an Unhealthy interest in the external box.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-03-07, LDosser wrote:

Then you get your stuff in a beat up cardboard box held together with CatPee
Glue (TM). FedEx guy throws the box on the porch and Runs. If you have dogs
or cats, they Will take an Unhealthy interest in the external box.

ROFL!.....

"CatPee Glue"??? I don't know if that's true, but it's funny.

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-03-07, LDosser wrote:

Then you get your stuff in a beat up cardboard box held together with
CatPee
Glue (TM). FedEx guy throws the box on the porch and Runs. If you have
dogs
or cats, they Will take an Unhealthy interest in the external box.

ROFL!.....

"CatPee Glue"??? I don't know if that's true, but it's funny.

nb

Quite like the smell of the Chinese plywood at HD, in fact ...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 07:44:02 -0500, "J. Clarke" wrote:

You suck. Mine's half an hour away. From Vista, CA (my old home), it
was only 15 minutes away.

Closest for us is 3 hours away, in Yuma and it's tiny..

5 years ago there wasn't one within a day's drive of here--now there are
three within 20 miles. You too will be assimilated . . .

probably not.. I live in Mexico..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 07:48:44 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Closest for us is 3 hours away, in Yuma and it's tiny..

Cheaper to shop by phone, then. Butcha can't feel the items, which
can be a real problem. They still sell a few really cheesy pieces
which you can see are truly crappy, and feeling them confirms the
point. But they're a lot better than they used to be. 40 years ago,
about half the stuff was cheesy. I'm still beating the **** out of
the mechanic's vise I got from the Escondido store 35+ years ago, for
$23 and change. Ditto the 6" Chinese dial calipers, some pry bars, and
a few other things.

When I lived in the States, I used to order on the web a lot...
Can't do that now unless I make sure that the total order is less than 8 pounds,
or it can't go US Mail..
My last order got returned because it was over weight.. Might have been the
stack of catalogs and junk mail that they packed in the damned box.. DUH!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 20:04:09 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"

wrote:

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:43:36 -0500, the infamous Pat Barber
scrawled the following:

Uh oh.....this sounds like you are going over to
the "dark side". I recall a preacher saying, you
are in a "backslidden condition". (: -(not a real word)

They are building a HF in my neighborhood as we speak.

You suck. Mine's half an hour away. From Vista, CA (my old home), it
was only 15 minutes away.

Closest for us is 3 hours away, in Yuma and it's tiny..

Cheaper to shop by phone, then.

Then you get your stuff in a beat up cardboard box held together with CatPee
Glue (TM). FedEx guy throws the box on the porch and Runs. If you have dogs
or cats, they Will take an Unhealthy interest in the external box.

So, have you ever found out just how much room you actually do need to
swing a cat, or dog, for that matter?

It astounds me at how much people will let their pets (kids included)
do around the house and let it go unpunished. Train your freakin'
pets, you censored by moderator!

--
The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 20:04:09 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

If a box held together with CatPee Glue (TM) is dumped on the porch, even
the best trained animal will find it difficult to resist. For the animal, it
amounts to a stranger peeing in their territory.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 21:50:38 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 18:04:55 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

If a box held together with CatPee Glue (TM) is dumped on the porch, even
the best trained animal will find it difficult to resist. For the animal,
it
amounts to a stranger peeing in their territory.

What -is- this CatPee Glue(tm) you're talking about, anyway?

The Stinky glue they use in China to glue cardboard boxes and laminate
plywood. Perhaps they even use it in drywall. It's the odor in a HF that
underlies that of used motor oil and inadequately cured leather.

No, the odor in HF is from the rubber in their tires and on their
casters, the reek of the fireproofed canvas in their welding blankets,
and the cosmolene-like oils on their shipped metalwork, probably in
that order. I guess there could be a glue odor there, too, somewhere.

Ask your pet which it is.

--
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.
-- Chuang-tzu
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Joe Bleau, ebriand9 wrote:
JoeBleau wrote:

International Tools is offering a selection of blades that will fit
Fein and other multis for $16.00 each. This beats Fein, Dremel, and
all the rest. So happy to see someone offering an alternative to
Fein's exorbitant pricing. Go to Internationaltools.com

Still kicking around this sub JoeB? Looking for some answered regarding
West Systems 105/207.