Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Freight Multi-tool WOW!

I'd been wondering if those things really DO anything but vibrate and was
reading all the posts when my wife tells me that she and a neighbor are going to
the States Thursday on a shopping trip..
Hmmm... Yuma has a small HF!

So I give her a page out of readers digest with all the coupons, tell her that
I'll try the basic one for $34 before I consider the $80 VS model..

Good news: They had them in stock and even with the straight blade that it comes
with, I'm flat amazed how well it cuts!

Bad news: Shy happens to mention that "I almost called you about the variable
speed one, but you said you wanted the cheap one"..
Turns out that IT was on sale for $49, so for another $15 I could have had the
newer model.. arggg

Anyway, all I've done with it so far is some plunge cuts in pine 1 x 4 scraps,
but I'm really impressed.. She watched me unpack it and put a blade on and
neither one of us thought it would even cut.. Hell, it looks just like my HF
detail sander...

I'd recommend this tool to anyone that can afford it.. Just don't see how you
can go wrong at $34..

OH.. she also bought 3 different blades for it, since I gave her a 20% off
coupon.. Cool!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing