Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ot I hate snow

"krw" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:44:03 -0800, "LDosser"
wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
.. .
Subject

It is being reported that 49 of the 50 states have/had snow on the
ground
today.

Welcome to winter.

Lew

What was 50?

Hawaii? You know, Hawaii five-oh. ;-)

They do get snow on the summits.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 14:53:12 -0800, "LDosser"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
. ..
Subject

It is being reported that 49 of the 50 states have/had snow on the
ground
today.

Welcome to winter.

Lew

What was 50?

Hawaii? You know, Hawaii five-oh. ;-)

They do get snow on the summits.

I think the Hawaii is the only state without snow, but in any case,
Hawaii is number 50. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 14:53:12 -0800, "LDosser"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
. ..
Subject

It is being reported that 49 of the 50 states have/had snow on the
ground
today.

Welcome to winter.

Lew

What was 50?

Hawaii? You know, Hawaii five-oh. ;-)

They do get snow on the summits.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100213/...states_of_snow
Posted to rec.woodworking

Subject

Looked out my window and saw snow on the mountains to the north while
the thermometer registered 74F this afternoon.

Now I remember why I moved to SoCal.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:13:36 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

Subject

Looked out my window and saw snow on the mountains to the north while
the thermometer registered 74F this afternoon.

Now I remember why I moved to SoCal.

One reason I moved to Alabama, from Vermont, though the 75% reduction
in my property tax was incentive enough. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Subject

Looked out my window and saw snow on the mountains to the north
while the thermometer registered 74F this afternoon.

Folks visiting us in Las Vegas (Henderson) had difficulty grasping
that our other place (a cabin on Mt. Charleston) had a totally
different climate. Less than 55 minutes door to door, we could
leave the cabin in a blizzard and arrive at our other house in
Henderson with snow still on the car, but in 70f temps. It was
great explaining to people that we couldn't be "there" (wherever
that might be) due to a blizzard snowing us in.
--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Posted to rec.woodworking

krw wrote:

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 14:53:12 -0800, "LDosser"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Subject

It is being reported that 49 of the 50 states have/had snow on the
ground
today.

Welcome to winter.

Lew

What was 50?

Hawaii? You know, Hawaii five-oh. ;-)

They do get snow on the summits.

I think the Hawaii is the only state without snow, but in any case,
Hawaii is number 50. ;-)

Read elsewhere that even Hawaii is getting snow on one of its highest
peaks. That would make 50/50

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/13/10 11:13 PM, Mark & Juanita wrote:
I think the Hawaii is the only state without snow, but in any case,
Hawaii is number 50. ;-)

Read elsewhere that even Hawaii is getting snow on one of its highest
peaks. That would make 50/50

So, which seven don't have snow?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:13:36 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

Subject

Looked out my window and saw snow on the mountains to the north while
the thermometer registered 74F this afternoon.

Now I remember why I moved to SoCal.

So, which was it that drew you there, Lew? The mudslides, the
earthquakes, the droughts, or the bikinis?

The bikinis are one of the very few things I miss from LoCal.

--
If you turn the United States on its side,
everything loose will fall to California.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:13:36 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

Subject

Looked out my window and saw snow on the mountains to the north while
the thermometer registered 74F this afternoon.

Now I remember why I moved to SoCal.

So, which was it that drew you there, Lew? The mudslides, the
earthquakes, the droughts, or the bikinis?

The bikinis are one of the very few things I miss from LoCal.

Along with the fact that is is so difficult to offend the community standards.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote:

The bikinis are one of the very few things I miss from LoCal.

----------------------
Figures.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:35:33 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote:

The bikinis are one of the very few things I miss from LoCal.

----------------------
Figures.

vbg

--
It's a great life...once you weaken.
--author James Hogan
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote:

The bikinis are one of the very few things I miss from LoCal.

----------------------
Figures.

*vbg

--
It's a great life...once you weaken.
* * * * * * * --author James Hogan

All this bitching about snow... THIS is SNOW!

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2010...s-of-snow.html
Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

STOP!!

Warning to all. My AV software, Kaspersky, went ape**** at this site. Warnings about various
malicious software, worms, and probably dandruff too.

Could be false alarms, just thought I'd pass it on, but it won't allow me to access the site, and
that's sufficient for me. Kas was my second line defense (first was a complete hard drive backup)
back in the days when I thought I wanted to know lots about hackin' and crackin'.

Regards,
Roy

"Larry Jaques" wrote:

The bikinis are one of the very few things I miss from LoCal.
----------------------
Figures.

*vbg

--
It's a great life...once you weaken.
* * * * * * * --author James Hogan

All this bitching about snow... THIS is SNOW!

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2010...s-of-snow.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 08:55:06 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:13:36 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

Subject

Looked out my window and saw snow on the mountains to the north while
the thermometer registered 74F this afternoon.

Now I remember why I moved to SoCal.

So, which was it that drew you there, Lew? The mudslides, the
earthquakes, the droughts, or the bikinis?

The bikinis are one of the very few things I miss from LoCal.

What, too cold for you to wear them where you are now? ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:13:36 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

Subject

Looked out my window and saw snow on the mountains to the north while
the thermometer registered 74F this afternoon.

Now I remember why I moved to SoCal.

So, which was it that drew you there, Lew? The mudslides, the
earthquakes, the droughts, or the bikinis?

The bikinis are one of the very few things I miss from LoCal.

What, too cold for you to wear them where you are now? ;-)

It's the waxing that bothers him ...

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:13:36 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

Subject

Looked out my window and saw snow on the mountains to the north while
the thermometer registered 74F this afternoon.

Now I remember why I moved to SoCal.

So, which was it that drew you there, Lew? *The mudslides, the
earthquakes, the droughts, or the bikinis?

The bikinis are one of the very few things I miss from LoCal.

What, too cold for you to wear them where you are now? ;-)

It's the waxing that bothers him ...

and then having to sit on that polisher!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:09:39 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote:

The bikinis are one of the very few things I miss from LoCal.
Figures.

*vbg

--
It's a great life...once you weaken.
* * * * * * * --author James Hogan

All this bitching about snow... THIS is SNOW!

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2010...s-of-snow.html

Um, you guys can HAVE those cold and snowy climates.